Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus - $39.99 + free ship Outpost.com

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ryanlk

ryanlk

I Gotta Believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Apparently outpost.com is offering FFVII: DOC for $39.99 plus free shipping... according to their ad today, Fry's B&M will have it for $49.99 when it comes out next week, so you can save 10 bucks by ordering online...

http://shop2.outpost...product/4775589

EDIT: Looks like free shipping is no longer offered...

#2 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

Read some bad reviews of the game. Since FFVII is my favorite game of all time, I don't think I could stoumach playing a bad sequel, if it is as bad as some of the reviews suggest. I'm going to wait on this one to read some more reviews.

Good deal for those who want it OP.

#3 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

Read some bad reviews of the game. Since FFVII is my favorite game of all time, I don't think I could stoumach playing a bad sequel, if it is as bad as some of the reviews suggest. I'm going to wait on this one to read some more reviews.

Good deal for those who want it OP.

I've heard some bad reviews about the Japanese version. But it seems that SE is changing a few things for the U.S. release. Still, i'll definitely wait for reviews before i pick this up. And its nots even really a sequel...i mean, it is, but a true sequel would have been another RPG, not a shooter.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#4 skinsfan56la

skinsfan56la

Redskins Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

Even the US version is getting terrible reviews. I hope someone just posts the FMVs on Youtube.
Posted Image
R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

#5 SirSloppyMoose

SirSloppyMoose

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

I'm kind of interested in getting the game, still a little too pricey for me. Does anyone know if there are any outpost.com coupons floating around the web?

#6 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:30 PM

This ones gonna bomb, and bomb fast... I'm waiting for a sub-$20, or even sub-$10 price on it.

#7 ckonze

ckonze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

Placed my order. I've been looking to preorder this game for less than the retail price, so this was right up my alley. Thanks.

#8 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Only bad US review for it I have seen if from EGM, and those guys are so jaded that I take zero of their reviews to heart. Play gave a really good preview of it in the last issue. Yes, they did say there were some problems with it, but that the good definately outweights the bad and that the tweaks to the gameplay in the US version really make a big difference.

#9 ryanlk

ryanlk

I Gotta Believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

i heard the US version will be quite different (better) from the import version, so the reviews will be different between the versions... also, i heard the same team who worked on FFVII was the one who worked on this game...

#10 MusicNoteLess

MusicNoteLess

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

I believe you can get this for 29.99 from GS/EB when you trade in certain games and get $20 credit towards the game.

#11 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

That's not really worth it once you consider what games they want that qualify for it.

#12 dbz4ever

dbz4ever

Living Dilbert's life.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

This ones gonna bomb, and bomb fast... I'm waiting for a sub-$20, or even sub-$10 price on it.

I give it 6 months to go $20, maybe after Christmas sale max.
Games in progress:
:ps2:NFS Most Wanted
:ps2: Mercenaries
:ps2:God Hand

MUST WATCH MOVIE IN YOUR LIFETIME:
An Inconvenient Truth

It's inspirational and eye opener for everyone.

"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben.

I love :spam:

#13 DefJeff

DefJeff

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

So how is Outpost.com ? I've read a bunch of bad reviews about them online, but I'd like to hear from you guys.

Either way, I just cancelled my preorder from Gamestop and ordered it from here for $10 less, I hope I get it in a timely manner.

#14 diablofreak

diablofreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

yeah i played the japanese one, it sucks ass. i know they tweaked a lot of things for the american release, but i still have my reservations

maybe this will get a 5/10 score for japs to a 6/10 for US release.

i'll get it for 10 bux tho

#15 ryanlk

ryanlk

I Gotta Believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

i usually have no problems ordering from outpost.com, they usually send their stuff out before release date and depending on how far you are from their hub (i think they are in the central us somewhere), you get it a few days later... since i'm out in california, its usually 3-4 days after release day, but some people get their shipments sooner if they are like in ohio or somewhere close...

#16 dbz4ever

dbz4ever

Living Dilbert's life.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:19 PM

So how is Outpost.com ? I've read a bunch of bad reviews about them online, but I'd like to hear from you guys.

Either way, I just cancelled my preorder from Gamestop and ordered it from here for $10 less, I hope I get it in a timely manner.

I try not to buy from Outpost (owned by Fry's) because I had bad experience with Fry's before. Here is the rating from Pricegrabber.com

http://www.pricegrab...w.php/retid=109
Games in progress:

An Inconvenient Truth

#17 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Thanks OP. Canceling my GS preorder. Saves me 10 + gas and I don't need it on its release day anyway. Still trying to finish Magna carta before I can put this in my PS2 anyway.

#18 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

I've heard some bad reviews about the Japanese version. But it seems that SE is changing a few things for the U.S. release. Still, i'll definitely wait for reviews before i pick this up. And its nots even really a sequel...i mean, it is, but a true sequel would have been another RPG, not a shooter.

Well - those of us whom loved the FFVII story (including or excluding Advent Children) would take the story (and gameplay) to heart either way. Advent Children was tolerable, but from what I'm hearing, I don't think my heart could take an extension to the story/game/whatever that was awful, or even sub-par.

/me still hopes for a FFVII remake for the PS3. Sony, if you are listening, I'd shell out 600 bucks for your damn console if you do a FFVII remake on PS3.

#19 dbz4ever

dbz4ever

Living Dilbert's life.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

/me still hopes for a FFVII remake for the PS3. Sony, if you are listening, I'd shell out 600 bucks for your damn console if you do a FFVII remake on PS3.

I second that notion!!

We can start a petition and send it to Sony.

Sony should do a marketing survey for FF7 remake and pricing survey. I bet they'd make a record sale. But maybe Sony want to wait to see the market reaction to PS3 and games first to make the decision on the cost effectivity.
Games in progress:

An Inconvenient Truth

#20 richbastard

richbastard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

Sweet deal cancel by ebgames pre-order.-- hope it ships soon enough.cant wait for this game looks freaking awesome.

#21 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

I second that notion!!

We can start a petition and send it to Sony.

Sony should do a marketing survey for FF7 remake and pricing survey. I bet they'd make a record sale. But maybe Sony want to wait to see the market reaction to PS3 and games first to make the decision on the cost effectivity.

If they had made it a launch title, it would sell a bagillion units. Out of all my gamer friends (a little less than fifty), I asked them "will you buy a PS3 at launch?" followed by "would you buy a PS3 at launch if FFVII was remade and was a launch title?". Overwhelmingly, most (~85%) will not buy one at launch due to price and lack of great games at launch and almost all (~92%) said they would if FFVII remake was a launch title. Damn it Sony, start listening to your market base.

Anyhow - back on topic. I do hope Dirge of Cerberus is a good title. Reviews don't point to this, but I'm still hoping :).

#22 dbz4ever

dbz4ever

Living Dilbert's life.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

If they had made it a launch title, it would sell a bagillion units. Out of all my gamer friends (a little less than fifty), I asked them "will you buy a PS3 at launch?" followed by "would you buy a PS3 at launch if FFVII was remade and was a launch title?". Overwhelmingly, most (~85%) will not buy one at launch due to price and lack of great games at launch and almost all (~92%) said they would if FFVII remake was a launch title. Damn it Sony, start listening to your market base.

I think Sony has been focusing on Japanese market when they launched in Japan. Marketing department oughtta be reading forums and blogs online for gaming community's need, as well as doing customer survey, whoever are not listening to the customers need should be fired.
Games in progress:

An Inconvenient Truth

#23 MusicNoteLess

MusicNoteLess

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

I'd stop suckling Nintendo's Teet if Sony remade FFVII for the PS3. I would then become Sony's bitch.

#24 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

im sure this game will drop in 2 months.

#25 oremites

oremites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

Sony, if you are listening, I'd shell out 600 bucks for your damn console if you do a FFVII remake on PS3.

A little off topic, but your comment reminded me that if Suikoden I/II were released here in the U.S., I would buy a PSP immediately. For now, though, I'm happy with my DS.

#26 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

Anyhow - back on topic. I do hope Dirge of Cerberus is a good title. Reviews don't point to this, but I'm still hoping :).

I've actually played this game and you might consider it a good game if you're blind, deaf, and half your brain is missing. Even with the so-called tweaks they made to the game, which isn't much, the game sucks poopy. I'm begging you as your fellow CAG, don't pay anything above 15 bucks for this piece of space monkey poop disguised as a game!!!!!!!!!!!! Save your money for games that are worthwhile.

#27 ryanlk

ryanlk

I Gotta Believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

boy, i'm really confused on this one, a lot of people are saying this game is bad, but is this based on the fixed-up US version or the import? according to IGN, it sounds like they fixed a lot and added bonus content like artwork gallery and other things to the US edition:

http://ps2.ign.com/a...0/720094p1.html

but i guess we can only wait and see... personally the game looks great and somewhat fun...

#28 dbz4ever

dbz4ever

Living Dilbert's life.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

boy, i'm really confused on this one, a lot of people are saying this game is bad, but is this based on the fixed-up US version or the import? according to IGN, it sounds like they fixed a lot and added bonus content like artwork gallery and other things to the US edition:

http://ps2.ign.com/a...0/720094p1.html

but i guess we can only wait and see... personally the game looks great and somewhat fun...

As a cheap ass myself, I don't buy games above $20 anyway, retail prices are for hardcore fan who can wait for price drop in a yr or 2 or people who have no money issue. Why don't you guys rent it first and try out it and see.
Games in progress:

An Inconvenient Truth

#29 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

Well - those of us whom loved the FFVII story (including or excluding Advent Children) would take the story (and gameplay) to heart either way. Advent Children was tolerable, but from what I'm hearing, I don't think my heart could take an extension to the story/game/whatever that was awful, or even sub-par.

Well, if you've read anything about Before Crisis' story, or seen Last Order (the bonus OAV that came with the Japanese uber-limited edition version of AC), you'd come away a bit more wary. Last Order in particular butchered certain critical details of the original game's storyline.

Haven't heard much about DC's story (by choice), but I did happen to hear about a certain detail of the opening FMV that had me up in arms:
Spoiler

Will probably pick up DC next Tuesday, but I'm weird like that. And a huuuuge Reeve fan :roll:
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#30 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

I'm not exactly sure what most will make of this - but IGN gave it a 7.0. Typically IGN inflates the crap out of review scores, so I'd keep that in mind.

When it drops to $20, I may get it.