Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - XBOX - Price Drop

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

The price dropped $10 on both the new and used versions at GameStop & EbGames.

$29.99 - NEW
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=210940
$17.99 - USED
http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=950928

#2 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

Dang, $10 cheaper and I'd snap this up...

#3 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, but still too much :(

#4 quercus

quercus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, I'm waiting for $19.xx. But thanks OP for the update. Good to know the current prices.

#5 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

been that price on gamefly for a few weeks now, im also waiting for a price in the teens :)
Posted Image

#6 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Tempting. I've been thinking about picking this up, but the PC version has Starforce, so need the Xbox version.

#7 Legolas813

Legolas813

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

The game is called Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. There is no "2".

Anyway, if you played TLJ, Dreamfall is definitely worth $30-40, despite its flaws.

#8 pthree

pthree

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Definitely wait till the $20 or less. My wife played and beat this game, which we joke about frequently with it's ridiculously long cutscenes.

'Playing' this game is akin to a book-on-tape. The hopping back and forth through time is neat, and the story is complete, but it goes through long periods of drawn out boring.

Also when you travel back to the knight era, the combat is so clumsy and slow. Neither of us played the first version, so ymmv.

#9 homerojay

homerojay

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

I'll wait till is $20 also. I also hope that it becomes 360 backward compatible.

#10 Nate512

Nate512

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

I'll wait till is $20 also. I also hope that it becomes 360 backward compatible.

It is backwards compatible on the 360,

http://www.xbox.com/...tygameslist.htm

#11 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:24 PM

im thinking of getting this on the PC is it worth it?
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#12 anderton

anderton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the update. Also waiting for the big $19.xx, though this is a good sign.

#13 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

it looks interesting or some sort... what kind of game is this exactly? Adventure, action?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#14 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

I got it for free during a B2G1F at Gamestop. Great Game.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#15 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

The game is called Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. There is no "2".

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ... but anyways take it up with GeeBeeGames, all I did was copy and paste.

#16 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

I picked this up for the PC for $20 at Best Buy...

#17 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

BEWARE STARFORCE (PC version) worst thing you can do to your PC aside from downloading a virus
Posted Image

#18 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

Also waiting for this one to be $20. THanks anyway.

#19 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

BEWARE STARFORCE (PC version) worst thing you can do to your PC aside from downloading a virus

Agreed.

It's like installing virtual death onto your computer.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#20 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

stay away from this game if you can't stand 15 minute conversations about useless shit.
MMMMMMM

#21 qtseng

qtseng

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

Guys, I want to clear this up. The US version of this game, published by Aspyr Media, DOES NOT have Starforce. Only the European versions have SF. I'm a huge fan of this series and I've been following Dreamfall for a long, long time, so I'm sure this is correct. If you don't believe me, go here:

http://www.boycottst....net/?page_id=3

Dreamfall is a much better game if you have played its predecessor, The Longest Journey. It's an adventure game with clumsy action elements thrown in, but you spend very little time fighting opponents in the game. It's very story-heavy, so if you don't have the patience to sit down and watch/listen to long conversation, this game is probably not for you.

#22 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

stay away from this game if you can't stand 15 minute conversations about useless shit.

so i guess this bad buy or a good buy?is it worth the 20 on a PC? i have a Dell XPS M140 so i know i can play it but i dunno if i want to yet.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#23 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

If you like adventure games with a lot of (good) story, and I do, you'll really enjoy this. I got it for Xbox at full price, and didn't regret a cent.

#24 Legolas813

Legolas813

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:48 AM

If you played the first game (The Longest Journey) and enjoy adventure games, then you will appreciate this game. If you are not going to devote your time to the entire eventual trilogy or whatever it will become then I can't recommend it as much. The game Dreamfall in itself is not really a complete story.

#25 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

Agreed.

It's like installing virtual death onto your computer.

Is it really that bad? I found out my copy of XIII had Star Force. What will happen to my computer and what can I do about this? :cry:

#26 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:29 AM

Are there any cheap ways of getting The Longest Journey for those of us who never played the original?

#27 Shmitty

Shmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

Definitely wait till the $20 or less. My wife played and beat this game, which we joke about frequently with it's ridiculously long cutscenes.

'Playing' this game is akin to a book-on-tape. The hopping back and forth through time is neat, and the story is complete, but it goes through long periods of drawn out boring.

Also when you travel back to the knight era, the combat is so clumsy and slow. Neither of us played the first version, so ymmv.

yeah, my friends and i dubbed it "dreamfall: the longest conversation" after playing it. horribly dull, at least by our standards. maybe people like "games" that involve walking from one cutscene to another.

#28 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:39 AM

Wait I'm confused??? First version, second version? Starforce? I saw this game used at blockbuster a while back and it looked interesting, now I am thinking about going back and picking it up, but all this stuff has me confused. Get me a ladder, this talk is over my head.

#29 Legolas813

Legolas813

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

Wait I'm confused??? First version, second version?

Dreamfall is a sequel (though not really a direct sequel) to the original game called The Longest Journey. Both games are part of a supposed trilogy or perhaps even a longer series of games. Dreamfall is different from the original game in that it has 3D direct control, some action elements, and a shorter playtime with a not so complete story. The first game, The Longest Journey, does well to set up the whole game world(s) and follows more traditional adventure gaming elements.

Starforce?

A copy protection method that most people try to avoid as it can harm certain computers. It's only present on the overseas PC version. Meaning that the Xbox version is safe (and compatible with 360) and AFAIK the U.S. PC version is safe from Starforce.

#30 qtseng

qtseng

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

Are there any cheap ways of getting The Longest Journey for those of us who never played the original?

Your best bet is through Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...2443252?ie=UTF8

Great game. In fact, 2nd greatest adventure game on my list, after Grim Fandango.