Photo
- - - - -

What is your "Wii Fund," you CHEAP ASS BIATCHES?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 icecubedx5

icecubedx5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:22 PM

Don't flame, I did a quick search and didn't see any topics about this. Anyways, I am so curious to see what type of "Wii Funds" there are for all you Cheap Ass Gamers and how much you are spending at launch? Are you going to stay cheap or are you going all out?

Basically I have $180 in GameStop credit that I forgot about (sold a PS2 for $70 a few months ago and an original DS for $70 along with Oblivion for 360). I also got $270 in store credit at Best Buy after I returned my PSP. So that means for that one night, my cheap ass will be getting its ass kicked...hard. I'm talking anal raping of my cheap ass.

(_|_) <---- Cheap ass before

(_O_) <--- Cheap ass after

I have $450 to spend, the $180 will be a down payment (or paying in full) on pre-ordering the Wii at GS and the $270 at Best Buy will net me at least 3-4 Wii games (Zelda: TP and Metroid Prime 3 are definate) along with a Virtual Console controller and at least 3 NES games, 3 SNES games, and 3 N64 games.

Oddly enough, I'm just as excited about getting Mario 64 for Virtual Console as I am Zelda: TP for Wii because I never played more than Mario 64 for more than 10 minutes combined in my entire life.

#2 furyk

furyk

Captain of the Handheld

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:29 PM

30 dollars after today is my current Wii funds. Like I said, I got sick of waiting for it without a date to put money towards the console with a pre-order and I hit up Sears/K-Mart clearance sales big time so I'm probably going to wait for most of the games I was on the fence about to drop in price rather then buy them new. My guess is that I'll end up picking up LoZ, Trauma Center, and maybe DBZ Tenkaichi 2, but beyond that, I'll wait for sales/price drops.

#3 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:31 PM

What did Elmer Fudd say to the Service Desk at Wal Mart?

"I would like a Wii Fund"
Posted Image

#4 Technique

Technique

I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:32 PM

So that means for that one night, my cheap ass will be getting its ass kicked...hard. I'm talking anal raping of my cheap ass.

(_|_) <---- Cheap ass before

(_O_) <--- Cheap ass after

lmao... :rofl:

#5 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:33 PM

I have $329.93 in Half.com sales from the last couple of months (and more will be added) set aside for a Wii. I'm still not really sold on the whole thing, though, and might put off buying one until early 2007. New gadget lust might overtake me at launch and I'll buy one, but I haven't decided yet.

#6 botticus

botticus

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:34 PM

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I have approximately $750 in EB credit right now. However, there's already some money down on preorders (above that $750), which will need to get paid off, so...

Let's just assume I have 7 DS/GBA games to pay another $30 for. That leaves me with around $540.

So technically, $540 is my Wii fund. I already have $5 down on 5 Wii games, so those 5 will cost me in the vicinity of $250, leaving me almost $300 for the console. Assuming it's only $200, I'll have room for the VC controller and downloads plus maybe a 6th game. But I don't know for sure that I will be buying 6 full price games at launch. Hopefully we'll see Wii Sports, WarioWare and the like at proper price points.

Odds are good I will have some credit left over, which is good. Assuming I make good game choices at launch, I'll be able to revert to cheapass status and look for price drops and deals.

#7 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:41 PM

115 at amazon and about 100 dollars cash.

#8 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

Around $230 in GS credit set aside just for Wii and hopefully some Wii accesories/games.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#9 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:17 AM

geeze how u fools get some much credit, I got 65 a EB and 40 at BB and 40 at Blockbuster
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#10 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:19 AM

I'm still deciding whether or not I should make it my goal to go as long as possible without spending $599 USD (through sales and price drops), or try to spend $599 USD at launch.

#11 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:32 AM

$150 from Second Spin, $20 cash

#12 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

Whatever my credit card limit is.
Posted Image

#13 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

$0

#14 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

Wii fund? I have no limit. If I see something I want, I buy it.

#15 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:10 AM

I need to start kicking money back.. I wanna get the system, maybe a game or two, lots of VC games..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 botticus

botticus

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:21 AM

geeze how u fools get some much credit, I got 65 a EB and 40 at BB and 40 at Blockbuster

GameRush credit + GameRush clearance + a good amount of crappy games of my own + EB trade-in deals = shitloads of credit.

#17 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:33 AM

GameRush credit + GameRush clearance + a good amount of crappy games of my own + EB trade-in deals = shitloads of credit.

no gamerushs around here, but I guess i will keep my eyes open for a trade-in deal
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#18 Doom Gaze

Doom Gaze

Monkey Island is the best

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

As much as if left over after someone else's PS3 that I'm preordering is flipped onto eBay around December 10th.
Sega Saturn, SHIRO.

#19 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:09 AM

I have several hundred dollars in the bank from my summer job, which is going to go towards the Wii console and games. It's nice living at home and not having to pay rent. :)
Posted Image

#20 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

$170 in cash. My next Commission check or two will get me some more, my goal is to set aside $500 for launch date.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#21 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:57 AM

Wii fund? I have no limit. If I see something I want, I buy it.

Word. It's nice having a job. And given that it's a launch event I feel justified in being non-cheapass. Just this once, of course.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#22 ashram

ashram

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:06 AM

i have a job.... buy have a severe limit after mortgage, 2 new cars (me and the mrs) bills, and everything else..

i will have to wait till april, when good ol uncle sam give me my income tax....
ps3 and wii on the same day!

#23 slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:29 AM

whatevers left from financial aid, woot.

#24 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:49 AM

I have $100 in credit at Gamestop, it will probably be used on a Wii if it's $150, otherwise I'm not buying one.

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#25 Cream

Cream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:21 AM

$425 and counting.
Posted Image

#26 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

a few paychecks of mine from walgreens will more than cover what I need (after I pay for school art supplies :( ). after that, funds will go to ps3 savings, and then after that, gaming will have me in debt for a while.

#27 neuromix

neuromix

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

$400 in gift cards

#28 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

At least $400...maybe less if there aren't too many launch titles I have gotta have right away.

#29 Follandboy

Follandboy

Raph thinks Im a sellout

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

I have whatever money is needed to buy the system a second controller, a memory card(if needed?), Legend of Zelda and maybe either Red Steel, or Madden.
TRADE LIST: http://gametz.com/us.../AllAtOnce.html
DS Trading List: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=81065
http://www.goozex.co...sp?idr=32371728
PM me for details

#30 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

Not sure, have to wait and see what it costs. I'd like to get a system, extra controller, classic controller, Zelda, and Wiisports (hopefully a pack-in). I'm guessing between $300-$350 needed at alunch. We'll see what my wife and I can work out. ;)

Posted Image