They look MUCH better.

Posted Image

Posted ImageLooking good

#2 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

Are they actual screenshots or renders? How are the controls?

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

in-game

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

these look good, but they are just releasin too many FPS at the begining, they should really space it out better
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#5 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

I think the problem with the flood of FPSers is that very few of them, with the exception of Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3, seem to be ports and offering nothing new other than the controls. The best consoles FPS have always been those designed from the groud up for consoles (Goldeneye, Halo, etc.). I'd love to see what the TimeSplitters team could do with the Wii.

#6 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:31 PM

I'd love to see what the TimeSplitters team could do with the Wii.

Yeah, I'm sure they could come up with something fantastic. Unfortunately, their new game Haze is on everything but Wii. :/
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 6669

Inactive User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

lookin good
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Free Magazines! | thanx CAGs! | MySpace

You that have that devil infactuation should really find a hobby or somethin?!?

#8 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

Ouch they're all so jagged

#9 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:09 PM

Looks like a Gamecube game to me, but I really wasn't expecting much else so I'm not disappointed.

#10 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

It looks like he has old man hands.

#11 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

looks good to me, i hope the gameplay is solid

Posted Image

#12 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

Holy hell, that screen is bad. Look at the mountain in the background and tell me that's pretty. The top screen is impressive though.

#13 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, I'm sure they could come up with something fantastic. Unfortunately, their new game Haze is on everything but Wii. :/

Don't forget about Star Wars Battlefront 3. Who knows what systems that's coming out for.
Posted Image

#14 SilverPaw750

SilverPaw750

WHARRGARBL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:26 AM

I read somehwere that it's just a port of Far Cry Instincts: Evolution for the Xbox. If that's true, the campain was only like 5-6 hours long...

Posted Image

#15 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

Far Cry hasn't translated to consoles very well. I hope blockbuster has Wii games right away.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#16 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

I played through the 360 version and thought it was totally solid (aside from crashing constantly).

I'm not sure how these screens could look "bad". They look really good to me, and potentially the control could be awesome (or horrible, who knows yet?)

And personally I HATE Time Splitters and that spin off game with the mental powers (can't think of it's name).

#17 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

I'm not sure how these screens could look "bad".

Posted Image

#18 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:56 PM

*Shrug* It may or may not be something you'd really notice in gameplay. If there's tons of popup, that might be annoying, but otherwise it looks like a slightly scaled down version of the 360 game to me. Water looks awesome, etc.

#19 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

I was playing the 360 version today and it doesn't look all that much worse then similar hills on the 360 version. Are you expecting to see grass and bushes rendered on that hill from this far away?
Posted Image

#20 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:03 AM

No, I'm expecting to see some textures that make me not notice it looks like my ass.

#21 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

No, I'm expecting to see some textures that make me not notice it looks like my ass.

I agree, those screens do look like your ass.

Mario Galaxy looks good to me. Even Wii Sports has a caricature goofiness to it that I can find visually appealing. But why would anyone try quasi-photorealistic graphics on the Wii? You know it doesn't have the juice to pull it off. I just don't think it's worth it. People who want Far Cry-type graphics are by and large going to be 360 or PS3 owners anyhow.

I don't really gravitate toward games with fantastic graphics. I don't see amazing graphics and go, "OOOH, I want to play it." But I do look at games with shit graphics that try to do too much with too little and say, "Jesus, I'm not going near that POS." Sometimes those shit graphics belie a decent game, but generally it's a good rule.

And I think judging Far Cry on the basis of those shots, I'm going to keep my distance from that one. There's a chance I'm wrong about this title, but I think there's a better chance that I'm right.

#22 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

Well, again, I think you'd need to see it in action to know for sure. From those screens it looks remarkably close to the 360 version. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if looks better on SD TVs. And the control might end up being better-we'll have to wait and see on that too.

#23 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

And in response to Dothog, why WOULDN'T people try for realistic graphics on the Wii, if that's the art style they want? They sure tried on every system prior to the Wii, and the Wii will be the third most powerful console ever made-so acting like it's silly to do realistic graphics on it is silly IMO.

Besides which, going by Red Steel and these Farcry screens, it's certainlly capable of it. The most interesting thing about the Farcry screens is how close to the 360 version they appear to be. And Red Steel looks better than a LOT of 360 games, although I think the environments might be smallish to pull it off (going by the runthrough of the first level). Red Steel from the very begining, had you told me it was a PS3 or 360 game, I wouldn't have questioned that, and in fact would have been pretty excited over the concept and video's we've seen.

#24 botticus

botticus

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Tried to find a similar environment from a 360 screenshot. I guess they just didn't bother making hills pretty in this game. And the 360 version has wrinkled old man hands as well.

#25 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

Wow! Great comparison! That looks even more identical than I remember. Actually from those screenshots I doubt I could tell which is which. And the hills look just fine in the game. Screenshots let you sit there and overanalyze stuff you don't actually notice in the game.

And his hands are weird like that after he gets super powers, he's all mutated.

#26 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

Well, I'm glad they are coming out with this game for the wii, because it's the only way I'll be able to play it.

I don't have a xbox, 360, and my pc is not good enough to play the game. So I'll check it out when I get a wii.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#27 botticus

botticus

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

Wow! Great comparison! That looks even more identical than I remember. Actually from those screenshots I doubt I could tell which is which. And the hills look just fine in the game. Screenshots let you sit there and overanalyze stuff you don't actually notice in the game.

And his hands are weird like that after he gets super powers, he's all mutated.

Ah ha. I guess I recalled that being a plot point, but I always think of Far Cry as another generic war FPS (haven't played it) so I always forget about it.

#28 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Well, I'm glad they are coming out with this game for the wii, because it's the only way I'll be able to play it.

I don't have a xbox, 360, and my pc is not good enough to play the game. So I'll check it out when I get a wii.

Yeah! Excactly-this is another reason it's so silly to act like they shouldn't develop games like this for the Wii!

And judging by these screens, the graphics are going to be identical or near identical, aside from it running in 480p instead of 720p.

Ah ha. I guess I recalled that being a plot point, but I always think of Far Cry as another generic war FPS (haven't played it) so I always forget about it.

Yeah, it's a fairly good game, both the PC version and the (very different) console versions. Nothing revolutionary, but it's on par with Halo or whatever.

The stealth elements don't work as well as they should, and like most FPS it gets a bit old by the end, but it's solid. I'm definetly interested in playing through it again with the Wii's controls. Now that we know it looks good, the Wii version could actually be the best. Theoretically at least it seems like pointing and shooting with the Wii controller would be more fun and intuitive than using an analog stick (if the Wii controller really works).

#29 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

I noticed this in the red steel screenshots as well but it seems like the enemies are just cardboard cutouts pasted on the backgrounds. Anyone else get that feeling it is like they have no depth to them
Posted Image

#30 Skylander7

Skylander7

Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

Also consider that this game is fairly aged. Personally, I like the fact that they're going to port the game. Having a variety of games to choose from early in the console's life, coupled with the different interface, is a good thing to me.

It looks far better to me than the port of HL2 on the Xbox.. although I respect the port alot for being able to pull off what it did (same thing with Doom3). I think it'll be fun, but Farcry has enough alternative versions available if you own other consoles (and a capable PC, which is the best version IMO). It'd be good as a $19.99 title.

For a while, the only FPS's available on the PS2 were Deus Ex (a good port of an incredible game, although much better on the PC) and Half Life. Although FPS's are losing their originality, they are still one of the primary genres that American gamers purchase in the mainstream market. I'm glad Nintendo is going for variety instead of focusing on the first party software. Remember, it isn't a console running on a GeForce 7000 series card or something. Plus, take a release like this, and tell me if it would've fit into a Nintendo console library 10 years ago (M rated games were few and far between).