16 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:15 AM

Looks like you will save $5 + tax...
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000HE9LEK/

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price

#2 spidey

spidey

CAGiversary! Six Years+

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:43 AM

Family Video has it for 30.04. New member coupon for $5 off and 99 cents shipping. The only reason I didn't order from them is because I don't know how they package their GBA games for mailing. I was afraid of getting a crushed box.

Anyone know how Amazon ships their GBA games? Box or bubble envelope?

#3 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:09 AM

BestPrices.com has it for 31.99, which would basically be $22 before shipping with Google Checkout.

#4 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:31 AM

Family Video has it for 30.04. New member coupon for $5 off and 99 cents shipping. The only reason I didn't order from them is because I don't know how they package their GBA games for mailing. I was afraid of getting a crushed box.

Also on a side note Familyvideo has Final Fantasy XII for $43.99 (for anyone not wanting the collectors edition.) Use the $5 off new member coupon NEWMEM96 for one hell of a great deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#5 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:43 AM

I can't say for sure, but I order a LOT of stuff from Amazon and it always comes in a box.

#6 spidey

spidey

CAGiversary! Six Years+

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

I can't say for sure, but I order a LOT of stuff from Amazon and it always comes in a box.

Now that I think about it, I've never had a bubble envelope Amazon delivery before.

I once ordered Vicks cough drops as a $1 filler to get free shipping. It ended up getting a split shipment and the cough drops came in a box big enough to hold a PStwo.

I think I'm going to order from Amazon.

#7 Karyyk

Karyyk

Brooding Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

Every time I've ordered games from Amazon, they've come packaged in a box. The game itself is usually shrinkwrapped to a cardboard...errr...board that's just small enough to fit in the box and prevent it from being able to rattle around in there. No complaints...

#8 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

I think I'll get it when it's $9 or so like FFIV was at Circuit City... Cheap Ass Gamers don't preorder! ;)

#9 Caliburn

Caliburn

is Not E.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

I'll pick it up at clearance. I liked FFV, but I can't wait for FFVI to be released! As of E3, Square-Enix's site has the game pegged for NA released in 2006. We'll see...

My Trade List // Guides 4 Trade! // Trading Bio

My 2008 Videogame Tab // My 2008 Books Tab

"War as a video game ... what better way to raise the ultimate soldier." ~Iraquois Pliskin

"Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!" ~Kefka

"I just roped me a steer with this here lasso. It was a' bellowing "moo, pal! moo!"" ~Jake Marshall

#10 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

you mean we dont have to over pay at EBGames or Gamestop as they are the only one charging $34.99. Walmart is also selling it for $29.82. Read io's topic on EB/GS overcharging on GBA/DS games.
http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=106030
If possible, Cheapy should find out why this is happening.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#11 cisco49

cisco49

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

One week later FFIII comes out for the DS

#12 n25philly

n25philly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

Looks like you will save $5 + tax...
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000HE9LEK/

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price

For anyone who hasn't played FFV, it's horrible. Don't pay more than $5 if you're going to buy it.

#13 botticus

botticus

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

For anyone who hasn't played FFV, it's horrible. Don't pay more than $5 if you're going to buy it.

You think so? It's certainly unrefined in comparison to FFVI (and FFIV, though the reason there was the addition of the vastly improved job system), but it's far from horrible.

It's more graphically equivalent to FFIV and VI, but storywise, it would fit more closely in with the first game.

#14 grandjedi6

grandjedi6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

Storywise yeh but gameplay wise its good.

All the older FFs alternated between story games and gameplay games.
I, III, and V were gameplay and II, IV, VI were story driven

#15 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

You could get it from buy.com 24.39 shipped with google checkout.

#16 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

I wouldn't say it's horrible but FFVI owns all the other FF's. If you've played FFVI, playing FFV seems soooo boring. Certainly not worth 30 dollars but I would buy it if I was rich enough.

#17 stormeagle6

stormeagle6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

Doesn't sound like it's an issue anymore, but I was gonna confirm that Amazon will use a box. I ordered Tales of Phantasia for GBA, single item, and the thing came in a box the size of a console with tons of bubble wrap all over.