lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

http://www.dvdempire...390108545833333

#2 Ishy

Ishy

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:04 AM

Thanks, cancelled my Amazon preorder and reordered with DVD Empire for $7 cheaper!

#3 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:46 AM

Damn, good deal. I'm conflicted because I have about $32 in store credit at gamestop and this was the game I planned to use it on. Paid off every other game this year, conflicted conflicted.

#4 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

Blargh...that is pretty good. Think this has any chance of dropping to $10 as fast as Dawn of Souls or FFIV:A?

#5 robbart914

robbart914

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:24 AM

Blargh...that is pretty good. Think this has any chance of dropping to $10 as fast as Dawn of Souls or FFIV:A?

Actually, I'm pretty sure iv wasn't supposed to be "$10", or it was intended as a one shot thing. Either way, I would consider this closer to another "Tactics Advance". How'd the price fluctuate on that one?

#6 MugenNoKaze

MugenNoKaze

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:22 AM

Awesome, thanks OP, I picked this up.

Hm, I wonder if there's any preorder bonus for GS/EB?

#7 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:29 AM

Hm, I wonder if there's any preorder bonus for GS/EB?

The one reason I'm hesitent to bite on this deal.

#8 Diiz

Diiz

calm like a bomb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:46 AM

Link broken?
Posted Image
MIDGARDSORMR
[75]WAR◆

I am a leaf on the wind,
Watch how I soar.

#9 Raikoh

Raikoh

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

Thanks, got my order in.

#10 MugenNoKaze

MugenNoKaze

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

Link broken?

Just search 'Final Fantasy III' and use GCC.

#11 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Sounds pretty good, but "standard" shipping is quite slow... Hmm. Any coupon codes to get better / free shipping? I think I'm going to do this preorder here and swap my GS preorder to PoR!
Posted Image

Xbox Live: catapult27
Now playing: Batman AA, The Witcher
Need to Finish: Far Cry 2
Up Next: InFamous 2 (hype!!)

#12 Hixton1

Hixton1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Is there a way to cancel these google pre-orders?

#13 Oxybeles

Oxybeles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

Thanks OP
Whatever I say falls upon deaf ears.
Whatever I write is read by blind eyes.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Oxybeles]Posted Image

#14 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hey is this a reliable site? I want to get this for a Christmas gift and this would be a good deal. Also does anyone think this will be on sale anywhere opening week?

#15 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hey is this a reliable site? I want to get this for a Christmas gift and this would be a good deal. Also does anyone think this will be on sale anywhere opening week?

DVDEmpire is a very reliable e-tailer. If they weren't always priced above Amazon, I'd order from them more often.

Their website certainly is more organized than Amazon (in terms of games and dvd's).

I thought DVDEmpire ended the couple promotion with Google? Or is this new with $10 off $30 instead of $10 off $20 before?

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#16 Weedy649

Weedy649

Keepin it cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

Thanks OP i bit. It will prob be on sale when it first comes out but 27 shipped it good enough for me.

#17 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

DVDEmpire is a very reliable e-tailer. If they weren't always priced above Amazon, I'd order from them more often.

Their website certainly is more organized than Amazon (in terms of games and dvd's).

I thought DVDEmpire ended the couple promotion with Google? Or is this new with $10 off $30 instead of $10 off $20 before?

Thanks for the info, I think I'll bite too. I didn't know they had an old 10 off 20 coupon but this one I think is using the general 10 off 30 google checkout promotion.

#18 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

GRR!! I changed my shipping address and the shipping method defaulted to the $15 one!!! I didn't notice, hit the button, and now I'm trying to cancel my order.. GRRR

Now, if they take a long time and I don't get the discount... it'll be clobberin' time.
Posted Image

#19 Weedy649

Weedy649

Keepin it cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

GRR!! I changed my shipping address and the shipping method defaulted to the $15 one!!! I didn't notice, hit the button, and now I'm trying to cancel my order.. GRRR

Now, if they take a long time and I don't get the discount... it'll be clobberin' time.

Why not make a new order with google checkout and cancel your old order? You wont be charged for either til it comes out so its a viable option(especially since today is the last day for the coupon from what ive read)

#20 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

Why not make a new order with google checkout and cancel your old order? You wont be charged for either til it comes out so its a viable option(especially since today is the last day for the coupon from what ive read)

I was charged by google right after I ordered.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:30 PM

i'm considering that. it hasn't charged my card yet, but i am having a very hard time getting off hold with dvd empire. I'd rather bite the bullet on the $40 than end up with 2 copies...

edit: finally got DVD Empire. they're saying with google checkout, they are not allowed to cancel or modify the order and I have to cancel through google. He kept saying I'd just need to log in to my google account and cancel. There's no way to do that. My only option appears to be to submit a proposal to google that they mediate a solution between us. What a pain.
Posted Image

#22 doctordoom1974

doctordoom1974

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

Can someone explain to me how to do a Google checkout with DVDEmpire?

If I look up Final Fantasy III using just DVD Empire I get a price of 34.99. Can someone offer some advice please?
Nothing right now, but there will be more to come!

#23 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

Can someone explain to me how to do a Google checkout with DVDEmpire?

If I look up Final Fantasy III using just DVD Empire I get a price of 34.99. Can someone offer some advice please?

Once you add the game to your shopping cart and go look at your cart, you can choose checkout with google checkout. It's a button below the normal "check out" button. Just be sure to watch that shipping option before you hit the final purchase button!
Posted Image

#24 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

Yay! Order cancelled by Google! I hereby give Google Checkout my fullest, most glowing endorsement. Now to claim my FFIII preorder!!

I even got a helpful, personal email from the Google Checkout support. Within 10 minutes. Take that, Paypal!
Posted Image

#25 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

how long usually is the standard shipping?

#26 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Looks like I can't use my DVDEmpire credits if paying through Google checkout. Can anyone else confirm?

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#27 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

Looks like I can't use my DVDEmpire credits if paying through Google checkout. Can anyone else confirm?

Most likely no, I couldn't use my buy.com credit through google checkout.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#28 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

will this deal end tonight? if so, i really need to know asap how long is the standard shipping of dvdempire since i don't want this to 'collide' with the wii and zelda. thx a bunch

#29 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:07 AM

Doh! Had I already known that dvdempire had it at that price I would have jumped on it.

#30 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

Soooo....I did this using Google checkout. Today is the day the game comes out and I want to track my order. dvdempire doesn't even recognize the google login info, so is there no way to track it?