Photo
- - - - -

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Nobody Wants This Game To End... Ever...

• Please log in to reply
844 replies to this topic

#1 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:52 AM

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYY3ocPMx9w

Extended Trailer <--- A Must Watch

US Site

Japanese Site

Don't take what I said in the title too seriously...

Ever since this game was announced at the last E3, I've been very interested. That's saying alot even after I didn't like Cing's previous touch game, Trace Memory. This game seems to do everything right, primarily in terms of the visuals. Thank you Nintendo for supporting such unique projects.

#2 furyk

furyk

Captain of the Handheld

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:13 AM

Nah, the post is titled exactly the way you should treat this game. Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright in the same month! Yay.

#3 Diiz

Diiz

calm like a bomb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

Forgot about this game but it still looks badass.
Posted Image
MIDGARDSORMR
[75]WAR◆

I am a leaf on the wind,
Watch how I soar.

#4 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

yea I was gonna post this in the DS 2007 thread.

this game looks real awesome

#5 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:29 AM

What the Fuck? I've never even heard of this game. And that trailer actually looked pretty damn cool. I'm gonna have to watch this one... could end up being the next Phoenix Wright.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:31 AM

Nah, the post is titled exactly the way you should treat this game. Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright in the same month! Yay.

Indeed. Have had this preordered for a bit now. Reserved it at GameCrazy (both PW and HD), I don't think GC is offering the stylus bonus for PW! :( I knew from the second I saw the first shot of this game that I must have it. Can't wait.. Phoenix Wright one week, Hotel Dusk the next, hoorah!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:33 AM

I'm even more excited about this game after checking out that trailer. Every other game I've got going on might get sent to the backburner for this one.

#8 zatos

zatos

PSWii60! PS3 + Wii + 360

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:07 AM

I've had this one preordered for a while now. Go and get me all excited now whydoncha? :D

#9 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:13 PM

I liked Trace Memory, so I'm looking forward to this. Probably going to get overshadowed by Phoenix though.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#10 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

From the moment I first heard about this game I couldn't wait for wait for this game. Especially after hearing it's from the guys who did Trace Memory. I just hope this game will last a little longer then TM did, or at least gives me some incentive to replay the game a few times. But from the looks of that preview in Nintendo Power, it looks like it will have some replay value.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#11 GrimNecroWizard

GrimNecroWizard

Colts FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

I've had this one preordered for a while now. Go and get me all excited now whydoncha? :D

Whoa I saw your avatar and was like wtf I don't have this pre-ordered...When did I post this?

XD
Posted Image

#12 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

I look exactly like the detective guy.

This is only more of a reason for me to get this.

Thick necked bearded short haired badasses FTW.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#13 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

I look exactly like the detective guy.

The game looks like a fucking a-ha video.

Intriguing nonetheless; I'll wait for first impressions of it before buying it.
Posted Image

#14 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

The game looks like a fucking a-ha video.

ARE YOU SUGGESTING IT WILL BREAK OUT INTO BAD 80s DANCE NUMBERS?

That just makes me want it more.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#15 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:36 PM

Damn.. gotta find a DS Lite for less than $135, so many awesome games coming :(

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:40 PM

What's the release date?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#17 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

I think I saw the ad for this game in a couple of game mags, but didn't really pay attention to it. After seeing that trailer, I'm definitely interested now.

#18 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:01 PM

What's the release date?

01/22/2007

I already got it pre-ordered. :)

#19 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

Sounds a bit interesting but I'm not quite sold on this yet. I'm gonna have to wait and see a few more videos that show a decent amount of gameplay. I will be keeping watch on this game though.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#20 greydemise

greydemise

Forever Furby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

i heard nothing about this game, only until i saw a circular in a gamestop, it was in a tiny corner, but it still managed to grab me by the balls and say PLAY ME!!!
soo in for this one
xbl: Lucky Furby

i rock your face.

#21 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

It reminds me too much of Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Lose.

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#22 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:02 AM

It reminds me too much of Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Lose.

Oh shit, I read this before watching the trailer, and now there is no way in hell I can take the game seriously since all I think about now is Tom Goes to the Mayor :rofl:

I just started laughing as soon as I saw the guy.

I'll probably still buy the game and check it out, but wow, I just expected Tom Peters to bust out of nowhere.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#23 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:08 AM

Oh shit, I read this before watching the trailer, and now there is no way in hell I can take the game seriously since all I think about now is Tom Goes to the Mayor :rofl:

I just started laughing as soon as I saw the guy.

I'll probably still buy the game and check it out, but wow, I just expected Tom Peters to bust out of nowhere.

I'm glad I could ruin it for you. :lol:

#24 Kawnhr

Kawnhr

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:20 AM

I'll probably get this, but not for a while. It looks interesting, but with Phoenix Wright 2 coming out the week before it, and having limited funds, not for a while.
[ it's so hard to be objective when your reason is defective. ]

#25 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

If this game continues to fly under the radar it should have a quick price drop and then I'll pick it up.

#26 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:03 AM

Dusk looks pretty cool. I may have to pick it up if it gets good reviews.
I hope this (along with Phoenix Wright) sell well, and we see more of these adventure style games come out on the DS. I've never played some of the Lucas Arts text adventure games (like Monkey Island) and I would love to pick them up on the DS.
Posted Image

#27 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

Looks like a rental for me. I *LOVE* the graphics-absolutely gorgeous. But I *hated* Trace Memory (quit after a few hours), and pretty strongly dislike PC Style adventure games in general.

In fact I have zero interest in Phonex Wright 2. I enjoyed the original to a point (great characters and everything), but I had to force myself to get through it, and don't want any more. Just don't like the genre at all (with the exception of Riven, I guess). I've always preferred console style adventure games.

EDIT: I love that many developers just pump out great graphics on the DS (and GBA before it) not worrying that they're "not powerful", but just worring about making a great looking game. There were TONS of GBA games I thought looked better than games on the "big" systems, and they're pulling it off again on the DS. Nice to see.

#28 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

Looks like a rental for me. I *LOVE* the graphics-absolutely gorgeous. But I *hated* Trace Memory (quit after a few hours), and pretty strongly dislike PC Style adventure games in general.

In fact I have zero interest in Phonex Wright 2. I enjoyed the original to a point (great characters and everything), but I had to force myself to get through it, and don't want any more. Just don't like the genre at all (with the exception of Riven, I guess). I've always preferred console style adventure games.

EDIT: I love that many developers just pump out great graphics on the DS (and GBA before it) not worrying that they're "not powerful", but just worring about making a great looking game. There were TONS of GBA games I thought looked better than games on the "big" systems, and they're pulling it off again on the DS. Nice to see.

I'm sorry, but I discern no reason for this post to be here. The basic things you said are "I don't like this game, I didn't like the first game from the same devs, I don't like adventure games of this style, and the graphics suck."

So thank you for sharing.

Posted Image

#29 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

I'm sorry, but I discern no reason for this post to be here. The basic things you said are "I don't like this game, I didn't like the first game from the same devs, I don't like adventure games of this style, and the graphics suck."

So thank you for sharing.

Whats wrong with his post? He said he'd rent it because he like the graphics but was wary of the gameplay. At least he put forth a bit of an explanation as to why he was hesitant to own it. Its not like he said GAME R FAIL! Like someone would have said if it was a PS3 game.

#30 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

I'm very interested in this game, but I will likely not buy it at launch and instead wait for a consensus. I'm sick of being burned by games that look good by buying them at launch instead of waiting for opinions (COUGHCONTACTCOUGH).

Also Kayden, WTF? I loved your old baby avatar. :cry: At least PM me the image so I can save it.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.