Photo
- - - - -

Gallery Addition is now LIVE!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: How cool is the new CAG Gallery?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How cool is the new CAG Gallery?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 defender

defender

Supreme Arsehole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:25 PM

So I guess the cat is out of the bag. Last night some users found our gallery and this morning CheapyD put it on the front page. The Gallery/Albums is CAG's latest upgrade and CheapyD and I felt it was a great add on for the community.

Currently there are 5 CAG albums and users also each get a personal album. If you view a users profile you will see a link to the gallery. Also in the forum nav section above you should see a link called "GALLERY" between statistics and memberlist.

The personal Galleries allow up to 128k for each image with a 800x600 size limitation. Each personal gallery will also allow up to 10 images (which could change). You can use these for whatever purpose you need but please be aware that if we see abuse we will take measures to correct problems. Abuse would include uploading adult material or copyrighted images. Auction use would be fine. We encourage users to post their game collections, family photos, best game finds, and self-portraits.

Users can also make comment in the galleries.

Umm..any questions? Feel free to ask and post any comments or suggestions here.

BTW-more cool stuff is on the way.

#2 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:45 PM

So we can now store images on this site?

Awesome!

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: How do we get to our personal gallery? I can't find anything in my profile.

Gameplay is what makes a game worth playing - not story or graphics

MY SITE

#3 defender

defender

Supreme Arsehole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

WHO VOTED NOT A BIG DEAL!

YOU ARE BANNED!

lol

#4 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

Okay,

1. We should have a more direct way of getting to our personal gallery - like a direct link from our profile.

2. Can other people view our personal gallery?

MY SITE

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:02 PM

Okay,

1. We should have a more direct way of getting to our personal gallery - like a direct link from our profile.

2. Can other people view our personal gallery?

1) If they hit Posted Image that appears at the bottom of your posts, they will see a link that reads
Personal Gallery of Scrubking

2) In the bottom of the main Gallery index, there is a link to Users Personal Galleries and Your Personal Gallery.
Its a bit hard to see with its grey color...we'll work on that.

#6 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:08 PM

When I click the profile button on the top it isn't in the profile that we ususally go to when we want to edit something.

Which is the profile that we usually go to when we think of our own profile - you know the one where we edit stuff.

MY SITE

#7 defender

defender

Supreme Arsehole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:36 PM

Its not in EDIT PROFILE...its just in VIEW PROFILE for each user.

Also I agree that it should be easier to see for users so I am gonna discuss with CheapyD about adding a link for a users personal gallery on each post next to the PROFILE PM and EMAIL bar.

I just installed the mod as is but I can and will make it better to suit our needs. I also want the comments to be shown with the large image instead of having to click comments and getting them on a seperate page.

All in due time.

#8 SS4Brolly

SS4Brolly

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:17 PM

Neeto. Only suggestion I really have is a button at the bottom with Profile/PM/Whatever that has the "Personal Gallery" option if they have anything there.
Got a problem that you need taken care of? Flame war going on thats out of control? Offensive posts?

PM me and I'll be glad to help

#9 x0thedeadzone0x

x0thedeadzone0x

Spin till you're dizzy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:06 PM

muahaha... i voted not a big deal (not the first one) but i just figured i'd piss someone off

...just kidding, its absolutely fat-tacular
Gaming:
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

"Remember those posters that said, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"? Well, that's true of every day but one - the day you die."
- American Beauty

#10 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

I'm looking for ideas for a contest that can make use of the new gallery.

Any ideas?

#11 st0neface

st0neface

astro travellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

Any ideas?

coolest game room/setup type of thing

#12 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:46 PM

Any ideas?

Perhaps a comparison on how much $$$ you were able to save by using this site compared to retail prices. Whoever has the most percentage of money saved would be the ultimate cheapass :?:

#13 Syncmaster

Syncmaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:54 PM

This is an AWESOME feature... I don't know why we possibly need it for anything except MAYBE putting on a post or something... but, I like it anyway... THANKS CHEAPY!
My site www.stellarreviews.com..."Where old crappy games are showcased, and ridiculed to all hell!"
All about the old crappy games from EVERY SYSTEM! We scan the globe to find the best deals on ANY old games, and then report on the crappy ones! Funny stuff, check it out!

#14 D4rkewolfe

D4rkewolfe

Henshin a Gomu-Gomu Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

I posted my license plate and frame, once I get a camera (yes I don't have a camera yet, scanned the actual plate and frame) I will take a pic of it on my car. Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

#15 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:37 PM

I added a gallery button (created by OKB) which will appear underneath all users posts.
This button will lead to that user's personal gallery

#16 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:28 AM

Woohoo, I can't till' I get my digital camera, THATS when the fun is gonna start.

samuraifez.png