Photo
- - - - -

Any unique stores in Indianapolis / Bloomington I should hit?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

Hey all!

I'm heading to Indianapolis this weekend for a wedding and wondered if there were any local game shops to hit that anyone knew of. My wife and I are staying downtown and will be driving out towards Bloomington for the wedding. Anything outisde of your normal EB/GS stuff to check on while there?

Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Kinda overpriced, but worth a visit:

http://www.mcvans.co...ore/Fishers.htm

and if you're going to be driving on US 31, there's a neat little store in Kokomo, IN called Game Xchange:

401 Rainbow Drive, Kokomo, IN 46902
"God would never let me be successful; he'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy." - George Costanza

#3 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

Ah, fantastic. :) We're headed to Kokomo to go to church on Sunday morning, so maybe after lunch on our way out of town we'll hit Xchange. :)

Posted Image

#4 sarausagi

sarausagi

Concerto in Cute Major

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:28 AM

Don't count out the EB/GS though...I stopped by at a mall to eat when I was in Kansas City for a while and found some gems

Beyond Good and Evil [GC]
Xenogears [non GH]
Tobal No. 1 [complete]
Shadow Hearts [the first one, complete]

I also found a set of PS2 monster cables for $7.99

So yeah..sometimes you can luck out at those different GS/EB.

#5 jlanham

jlanham

Drake, we are LEAVING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

If you are going to be downtown Bloomington, there are some cool shops around Kirkwood Ave. closer to campus that may have some decent deals and unique finds. Since it is a college town, there always seems to be excess games, movies and CD's laying around some of the shops.

Also, if you are downtown and looking for a place to eat, I highly recommend the Irish Lion. It's located on 3rd street about 1/2 block southwest of the court house. If you are a beer drinker, you have to get a yard of your favorite beer. It's just a huge challenge picking the thing up and drinking it, let alone finishing the whole thing.

If you have any other questions about Bloomington, hit me up with 'em. I live about 20 minutes away and know the area pretty well.

#6 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:07 AM

Also, if you are downtown and looking for a place to eat, I highly recommend the Irish Lion. It's located on 3rd street about 1/2 block southwest of the court house. If you are a beer drinker, you have to get a yard of your favorite beer. It's just a huge challenge picking the thing up and drinking it, let alone finishing the whole thing.

While the game places around here aren't fantastic I wholeheartedly agree with the Irish Lion suggestion. The place has some great food and the alcohol is top-notch. Great ambience as well.

If you want and you're in the area I would suggest the EB and GS over in College Mall which is a bit down 3rd Avenue past IU's southeast dorms. They aren't amazing stores but they do have a handful of decent used titles that are a bit harder to find.

There was also a time where the used movies there were absolutely amazing (and some of them still are) but they've mostly been cleaned out. But if there's something you have been straining to find there's a slight chance they may have it. Shame, though, since they used to have almost every single hard-to-find used PS2 RPG imaginable.

#7 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

Ah, fantastic. :) We're headed to Kokomo to go to church on Sunday morning, so maybe after lunch on our way out of town we'll hit Xchange. :)

Unfortunately, I think they close on sundays, that's how the Lafayette store is anyway.
"God would never let me be successful; he'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy." - George Costanza

#8 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hey all!

I'm heading to Indianapolis this weekend for a wedding and wondered if there were any local game shops to hit that anyone knew of. My wife and I are staying downtown and will be driving out towards Bloomington for the wedding. Anything outisde of your normal EB/GS stuff to check on while there?

Thanks!

You be entering my parts Argghhh...

McVans as listed has a wide selection, but they know eBay value on their products.

Disc Replay is also a local chain, but I havent swung out to their two Indy locations yet.

I second strolling down Kirkwood (5th Street) in Bloomington. If you drink wine, the Oliver Winery on ST RD 37 shouldnt be missed.

The Gameworks in Circle Center Mall has Mario Kart GP if you have never played that game.

Finally, in Downtown Indy I would recommend the Schollars Inn on Mass Ave if you want to try a nice local restaraunt.