2024 Thrift Store And Yard Sale Pickups Thread

I guess I totally skipped out on December! Thought I posted this stuff. The website seems to be different to me.

Goodwill- $4 for a big bag of different colored inks pens, good for Thank You Ebay notes, sealed cat puzzle and 2 games for $4.67 apiece, cib bubble machine with half a bottle of bubbles for $7.48, brand new 2002 Travis Pastrana RC motorcycle for $7, Power Rangers Dinobot was $5, dino mask and mini Pac Man game were $5 apiece, Wii/Gameboy stuff ending up being $60 from a small thrift! GW- stocked up on some light bulbs, singles were 99 cents apiece and the multipacks were $2.49 apiece, Dishonored was included in that Wii bundle, skateboards were $7.48 apiece, lava lamp was $14.71 but it resells for like $60, 007 vhs set was $3.01, ExciteTrucks was $4.74, GTALCS and Max Payne 2 did have discs so the girl gave them to me, the $7.48 Razer Huntsman Elite box actually had a Blackwidow Chroma inside, vintage Marsona 1200A rain/waterfall sound machine was $6, the phone set/Technics remote/cables/Dreamcast composite cable were $6. The Sony microcassette dictator/transcriber m-2020 was $11, Goonies VHS was 24 cents, sealed Buffy VHS was 99 cents, PSVR demo disc was $5, the sealed Hannah Montana doll was $7.48, TI84 Plus was $5, and the little Breakout arcade game was $2.83, Acclaim wireless SNES controllers were $10.93, missing the receiver. TMNT figure was $4.74. Ham bank was $2.83. Console only Retro Duo was $10.93. And the LG Ubk80 4k player was $10.93. PHEWWW!

Uo8gCYf.jpeg
BWqrFsc.jpeg
pyCOQdt.jpeg
XWQwBqE.jpeg
CoWXSsH.jpeg
3pch0Pj.jpeg
fiuZnep.jpeg
U7wJpYp.jpeg
ivNvp41.jpeg

I guess I totally skipped out on December! Thought I posted this stuff. The website seems to be different to me.

Goodwill- $4 for a big bag of different colored inks pens, good for Thank You Ebay notes, sealed cat puzzle and 2 games for $4.67 apiece, cib bubble machine with half a bottle of bubbles for $7.48, brand new 2002 Travis Pastrana RC motorcycle for $7, Power Rangers Dinobot was $5, dino mask and mini Pac Man game were $5 apiece, Wii/Gameboy stuff ending up being $60 from a small thrift! GW- stocked up on some light bulbs, singles were 99 cents apiece and the multipacks were $2.49 apiece, Dishonored was included in that Wii bundle, skateboards were $7.48 apiece, lava lamp was $14.71 but it resells for like $60, 007 vhs set was $3.01, ExciteTrucks was $4.74, GTALCS and Max Payne 2 did have discs so the girl gave them to me, the $7.48 Razer Huntsman Elite box actually had a Blackwidow Chroma inside, vintage Marsona 1200A rain/waterfall sound machine was $6, the phone set/Technics remote/cables/Dreamcast composite cable were $6. The Sony microcassette dictator/transcriber m-2020 was $11, Goonies VHS was 24 cents, sealed Buffy VHS was 99 cents, PSVR demo disc was $5, the sealed Hannah Montana doll was $7.48, TI84 Plus was $5, and the little Breakout arcade game was $2.83, Acclaim wireless SNES controllers were $10.93, missing the receiver. TMNT figure was $4.74. Ham bank was $2.83. Console only Retro Duo was $10.93. And the LG Ubk80 4k player was $10.93. PHEWWW!
all of this from one Goodwill or multiple Goodwills?

Decent week! 1st pic- Lady who volunteers at a local small thrift brought these into my work and said I could have them for $1 apiece. Couldn't pass on that. 2nd pic- Goodwill, I guess I walked in at the right time! Mario backpack was $7.48, that's for my nephews. The official white GC controller was $14.81. The CDs were 96 cents apiece. The games were $4.67 apiece. Monster Hunter is sealed. 3rd pic- Goodwill, next day left overs I guess. CD and PC game were 96 cents apiece. Games were again $4.67 apiece.

2VMaxG6.jpeg
fTJXWqN.jpeg
GFInNhY.jpeg

Falling behind on my own thread!

Wii Sports was $1 from a small thrift. The rest came from Goodwill- DDR cib was $7.67, the rest was $4.67 apiece. Not the greatest PS1 selection but I'm a sucker for complete black label PS1 stuff!

Goodwill paid off this week- I think I paid less $30 for everything pictured. Buzz and GH are missing the games but that's okay. Guitar in box is like $140 on Ebay!

Goodwill- $5 for wired PlayStation drum. $4.67 for the sealed puzzle.

Goodwill- Fight Night 2004 was $1 something because it was 75% off. The other 3 games were $4.67 apiece.

The PS4 was from a lady who works at a small thift store, said her son had a stroke and was selling off some items including this and his Harley motorcycle. The local game store offered her $40... I offered $80 because of the situation, she said $75. The Xbox One controller, sealed PC game, and the 3 PS4 games were set aside for me at the same store and they only wanted $5! The Magikarp vehicle and Math Blaster SNES game were from Goodwill- $2.83/$5.47.

9DjXMBF.jpeg
0wh2T4G.jpeg
UUUbLHH.jpeg
zp9yqcv.jpeg
Ijbuwhy.jpeg

Falling behind on my own thread!

Wii Sports was $1 from a small thrift. The rest came from Goodwill- DDR cib was $7.67, the rest was $4.67 apiece. Not the greatest PS1 selection but I'm a sucker for complete black label PS1 stuff!

Goodwill paid off this week- I think I paid less $30 for everything pictured. Buzz and GH are missing the games but that's okay. Guitar in box is like $140 on Ebay!

Goodwill- $5 for wired PlayStation drum. $4.67 for the sealed puzzle.

Goodwill- Fight Night 2004 was $1 something because it was 75% off. The other 3 games were $4.67 apiece.

The PS4 was from a lady who works at a small thift store, said her son had a stroke and was selling off some items including this and his Harley motorcycle. The local game store offered her $40... I offered $80 because of the situation, she said $75. The Xbox One controller, sealed PC game, and the 3 PS4 games were set aside for me at the same store and they only wanted $5! The Magikarp vehicle and Math Blaster SNES game were from Goodwill- $2.83/$5.47.

9DjXMBF.jpeg
0wh2T4G.jpeg
UUUbLHH.jpeg
zp9yqcv.jpeg
Ijbuwhy.jpeg
I have a nearly complete Beatles Rock Band set for the Wii (missing drum sticks, guitar is from GH) and I can't figure out what to do with it. Seems like a hassle to even try to sell it, will probably end up donating it.

All you need is a box big enough to fit it in! Its annoying to ship the stuff but all the RB/GH seems to sell pretty fast when I list it. Well except the GH Live guitars, if they dont have dongles with them I dont even bother buying those. I sold the wired drum head and kick pedal for $80 shipped, the boxed GH2 guitar for $140 shipped, and the drumset poles/base for $40 shipped. Usually you can get $60+ shipped for the guitars.

Last week- GW- $81 for the first pic. Someone working in the back must have a "scary movie is $5, set is $12" mindset now because usually movies are $2.48 or less! 2nd pic is 4 different thrift stores- $35ish.

8ir72N0.jpeg
7HglvhX.jpeg

Pic 1, GW-guitar was $6, the Playaways were in a bag for $6, games were $4.67 apiece, CD was 96 cents. Pic 2, GW- lava lamp was $12, the California Raisins photo album was $3, the keyboard was $6, and the VHS was 23 cents.

JWO7Pm4.jpeg
amWDtfi.jpeg

New thrift store in town. Its small, like the main room and this old kitchen to the left from when it use to be a little restaurant. Then a couple closets off the kitchen. Owner said they were going to try and rent the space and garage next door as well. They do estate clean outs. I found the Polaroids all twisted up together and the red Xbox controller in a box of cables on a shelf in the storage area. I put them on the counter and asked, "how much?". Guy said, "$5"! I was thinking I better look around again if these are the prices Im getting! I see the PS2 sitting by a tv and asked how much for it....the guy hooks it up and points to a shelf I completely missed that had games. So I ended up getting the cameras, games, PS2, Pokemon cards for $100. No tax because they didnt have their card reader setup, cash only. Found the Wii/Wii U game at Goodwill- $4.67 apiece.

U5Z9Zuk.jpeg
O3LQ2I4.jpeg
Bv8TLOr.jpeg
sjvEzwL.jpeg

$50 at the new thrift. Def Jam does work despite some top scratches. Audio/Cutscene glitches. Gameplay seems fine. I hate when I find an actual decent value game at a thrift and it would have top scratches! Never once in my life did I ever scratch the top of any of my personal games!

9j4LG5s.jpeg

Goodwill- $22ish. Just the pencil sharpener was $12 so that shows how cheap the rest was! FYI, the sharpener goes for $30-$40 on Ebay.

GahqqYy.jpeg

Community yard sales have started back up here in Baltimore, so I'm back out there again. This past weekend there was a community sale I was looking forward to, but I left after half-an-hour as it was swarmed by so many people it was causing traffic jams. I'm glad I did, though, as I was able to get to a yard sale near my home before anyone else and get first crack at some games and CDs. The Gamecube, games, and controllers were $45. Unfortunately the Gamecube looks like it has a bad power board, but everything else looks good so far. The PS4 was free since it wouldn't boot, but I booted it in safe mode and updated the system software and now it seems to work fine. The CDs were $15 and were a pick up for my brother since he's collecting CDs these days. I kind of had to guess what to get him, but he said there was some good stuff in there and was happy to grab them.

MoA0RBU.jpg

ZQyBTQI.jpg

pYgzCSL.jpg

Had another good Saturday here in Baltimore! Grabbed the games in the pic for $25 - probably overpaid but it was early in the day and I was hungry for a find. The board games came later in the day - they were $50 total but are in excellent condition. I'm hoping some of my tabletop friends can find a use for them. Lastly, the VHS tapes are the big score of the day. Lots of rare horror and raunchy comedy titles in there and I got the box for $30. I'm not a VHS guy myself, but I know enough about them that I didn't want to risk these going in the trash and I know plenty of cinephiles that'll be happy to give them a good home.

WRWwlJp.jpg

pQlaQum.jpg

UOTgs5L.jpg

2vCwMtF.jpg

A little late to the party this year...... here we go. Post your thrift store and yard sale pickups here! Here's the links to the previous years. I like going back and looking at how the finds/prices have changed over the years.
  • Can't wait to see the treasures people have unearthed this year!

Been awhile since I've been out thrifting and garage saleing because of a new job with a much later start time so I don't get out as much. But did hit up a garage sale on the way to work and got everything in the pic aside from the SNES classic controllers for $20. Wargames on VHS and Grave of the Fireflies on DVD are sealed. I had no idea the release of Grave of the Fireflies I got was going for so much online. Also the Austin Powers standee is missing the little voice box thing, but I figure it would be a fun buy anyhow for $10. The same garage sale I got a majority of this stuff at also had some vintage Hello Kitty items and more anime that I seriously regret not buying because I have a friend who is obsessed with Hello Kitty. The SNES classic controllers I got for $3 after a coupon. 20240427_080208.jpg

Had another decent weekend yard saling here in Baltimore! Saturday was the day of my favorite community sale of the year in a pretty little neighborhood tucked away from the places most of the other yard salers go to. Even if I don't find anything, I always have a pleasant time. But I did, indeed, find some things! The games in the first pic were $10 for everything and Hit & Run is always a good find. Everything in the second pic was just weird stuff I found around the rest of the neighborhood for a few dollars here and there - some I'll be keeping and some will be prizes for my movie night. I also left my number with a few people who have games - no one ever contacts me again but here's hoping someday it'll happen.

JtjbhAR.jpg

Uf41GoU.jpg

On Sunday a local clean-out guy I know had a yard sale as well. Last year I got a bunch of good stuff from him for like 50% eBay prices. This year he didn't have nearly as much gaming stuff, but I put together the stuff in the pic below, he asked for $20, and I left happy with what I got. Unfortunately trying to test Revenge of the Ninja led to me finding out that my Sega CD might need some repairs, but I need to do some more testing to be sure.

V7EtX1N.jpg

Since I had such good luck with that one garage sale last weekend I left a little earlier to hit up some more garage sales in the area close to my job. I would've gone to the block sales close to my place but got up so late it wouldn't have been worth it. When I was at the garage sale I heard a guy talking about how there was a 2DS at the sale that was priced well that he didn't want. Anyhow ended up getting everything in the pic for $30. The 2DS is a bit banged up and is missing the stylus but otherwise I'm quite happy to finally have a second 3DS for trading Pokemon especially now that online is shut down.

20240505_083240.jpg

Rain put a damper on the couple of big community sales I was looking forward to this past weekend, but I drove through anyway just to check. A few people were out and I managed to snag a few things for $8 total. Tenchu Z is the find of the day and going into the collection.

JheGWtU.jpg

bread's done
Back