CAG Foreplay #19: Hitting the Dummy Button (10/9/07)

Hi guys, mrs. shipwreck has to work late tonight so the new show won't be up until late Tuesday/early Wednesday. In the very near future though, we should be able to get a show out consistently on Tuesday mornings.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hi guys, mrs. shipwreck has to work late tonight so the new show won't be up until late Tuesday/early Wednesday. In the very near future though, we should be able to get a show out consistently on Tuesday mornings.[/quote]thanks for the update ;) i guess i can go to bed now :cry:

I've been enjoying your podcast from the beginning, and I always enjoy your chemistry as a gaming couple. I have been happy to just sort of lurk on your board till now, but I have 3 comments on this week's episode:

1) Kill the bumpers -- I am sure they were a work of love by their creator, and are possibly very high quality as far as bumpers go, but I can barely stand to listen to them. They may be cool if u work in radio, or if u are 15, but they are just painful too listen to in a podcast. Sorry -- I know opinions are like noses, and not everyone will agree with me.

2) Mr. Shipwreck, please pull the microphone out of your mouth -- no one cares if they hear your refrigerator, but the depth of your tone of voice makes you boom over our speakers and headphones, as a result...

3) Mrs. Shipwreck, please sit closer to the microphone, your dulcet tones are often too delicate next to your husband's lion roar.

Otherwise, keep up the great work, don't shy away from games outside of your genre, and continue to deliver the cheapass deals.

Thanks

yeah, not so much on the bumpers. They're not awful, but also not needed.

The bumpers had a halfway there feeling that made them feel odd and it absolutely didn't match your more laid back tone for the show. For example, the screwattack guys keep the entire show high energy, which works for them, but I like your style.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah, not so much on the bumpers. They're not awful, but also not needed.

The bumpers had a halfway there feeling that made them feel odd and it absolutely didn't match your more laid back tone for the show. For example, the screwattack guys keep the entire show high energy, which works for them, but I like your style.[/QUOTE]

We've toned down the bumpers (both volume and style) a lot for the newest episode which I just posted to the usual places. I think they fit a lot better now, so we'll give them another shot. I'll have the written version and the new post up later this morning.

Thanks. Despite my harshing-out (sorry, I sort of had a moment there), I really, really like your podcast. U guys work hard on it, and it shows, and it lives in the subtle details of your dialog, your relationship, and the tiny details that I feel the intensity fo the bumpers obscure.

My apologies, and my encouragement.

bread's done
Back