CAGcast #788: Did Woke Fortnite Ruin Gaming?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
First, Tweeting out someone's Steam user name and telling your followers to go after them is the literal definition of doxxing. Why do you think the Sweet Baby employee got suspended from Twitter? What he did was bad and is a bannable offense on every social media platform.

Secondly, It's ridiculous that Wombat thinks adding more context to a story is irrelevant. Adding more context to a story is always relevant because it allows for a better discussion because everyone has a clearer picture of a story.

Thirdly, the word Kotaku is never mentioned in last week's podcast, nor any kind of article title or author. There was also no link to this article on the forum post or youtube video. You just start talking about Sweet baby Inc and that's it. On Youtube Cheapy calls that segment of the Podcast "Discussion on Sweet Baby Incorporated". Next time don't assume the listeners know what article you are referencing when you can't even be bothered to mention it.

Lastly, you guys didn't understand the point of my comment. Let me be clear I don't personally care about Sweet Baby Inc or this controversy. I added more information about the controversy so you and the other listeners would have more context and a clearer picture of what's really going on. My issue though is with Wombat bringing in news stories to the podcast without doing any research on them and he has done this numerous times. The Kotaku article is wrong about a lot of things and Wombat would have known that if he did any kind of research. Wombat is exactly like the people Cheapy talked about last episode, people who simply read something online and believe it without looking into it. All I want is for Wombat to do more research on the stories he brings to the podcast so there can be a better discussion about them.

First, Tweeting out someone's Steam user name and telling your followers to go after them is the literal definition of doxxing. Why do you think the Sweet Baby employee got suspended from Twitter? What he did was bad and is a bannable offense on every social media platform.

Secondly, It's ridiculous that Wombat thinks adding more context to a story is irrelevant. Adding more context to a story is always relevant because it allows for a better discussion because everyone has a clearer picture of a story.

Thirdly, the word Kotaku is never mentioned in last week's podcast, nor any kind of article title or author. There was also no link to this article on the forum post or youtube video. You just start talking about Sweet baby Inc and that's it. On Youtube Cheapy calls that segment of the Podcast "Discussion on Sweet Baby Incorporated". Next time don't assume the listeners know what article you are referencing when you can't even be bothered to mention it.

Lastly, you guys didn't understand the point of my comment. Let me be clear I don't personally care about Sweet Baby Inc or this controversy. I added more information about the controversy so you and the other listeners would have more context and a clearer picture of what's really going on. My issue though is with Wombat bringing in news stories to the podcast without doing any research on them and he has done this numerous times. The Kotaku article is wrong about a lot of things and Wombat would have known that if he did any kind of research. Wombat is exactly like the people Cheapy talked about last episode, people who simply read something online and believe it without looking into it. All I want is for Wombat to do more research on the stories he brings to the podcast so there can be a better discussion about them.
Dictionary.com says, "to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge." A Steam username is not private information. If they gave out the steam users real name and went after him, that would be doxxing.

Dictionary.com says, "to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge." A Steam username is not private information. If they gave out the steam users real name and went after him, that would be doxxing.
I can't tell if you are trolling or not here. The definition you provided literally states"" to publicly identify OR publish private information about (someone)..." that means doxxing can be done in two different ways. You do not have to publish private information about someone for it to be doxxing. I don't believe you are this ignorant, you have to be trolling me. All forms of targeted harassment are doxxing because you have to publicly identify someone first before you can send people after them. This is why this is a bannable offense on every social media platform.

Bad faith response.

Bad faith response.
Calling for a bad faith steam account to be taken down is not doxing, unless there was legitimate personal information being given. If someone created an account on Twitter to post only things about how bad a person I am. Asking my followers to help me in reporting the person's username is not doxing. If I said, hey "Twitter, John Doe is this guy on Twitter, help get him banned" that is doxing.

Holy fuck , man.

I don't care about the Sweet Baby crap. The company can do what they want, and front-facing employees doing stupid stuff in public is stupid.

Certainly the backlash to them is absolutely coming from ignorant anti-woke grifters. The dude that made this list probably is racist as shit, I don't know. Not my problem.

But to argue that this person's public 13-year Steam account with 800+ games is a "bad faith" account, and on the same level as a dummy X account created with the sole intention of targeted harassment? There is genuine consequence to having a lifetime Steam library revoked and zero consequence banning a random bad faith dummy account on Twitter.

Personally identifying information not required.

Thank God you podcasters abandoned this community years ago. We don't want you here.

Holy fuck , man.

I don't care about the Sweet Baby crap. The company can do what they want, and front-facing employees doing stupid stuff in public is stupid.

Certainly the backlash to them is absolutely coming from ignorant anti-woke grifters. The dude that made this list probably is racist as shit, I don't know. Not my problem.

But to argue that this person's public 13-year Steam account with 800+ games is a "bad faith" account, and on the same level as a dummy X account created with the sole intention of targeted harassment? There is genuine consequence to having a lifetime Steam library revoked and zero consequence banning a random bad faith dummy account on Twitter.

Personally identifying information not required.

Thank God you podcasters abandoned this community years ago. We don't want you here.
I may have gone too far, for that I apologize. Seriously. But as you mentioned it’s hard for me to defend anti-woke grifters who are probably racist.

I may have gone too far, for that I apologize. Seriously. But as you mentioned it’s hard for me to defend anti-woke grifters who are probably racist.
Fair. I probably went too far myself, but what you said was so disingenuous it pissed me off.

For future shows, I'd recommend reading what this guy said:

Sincerely,

Someone who last listened to the podcast around the time of the Circuit City / Speedy stuff

No one was asking you to defend anti-woke grifters. The person who created the Steam List wasn't some gifter, it was just some random Brazilian gamer and again no one was asking you to defend him. If you researched the story you would know all this. That's why doing research and adding as much context to a story is so important.

I re-listened to the segment, and for the record there is nothing I would say different. I am not sure what context this Doxing fight has that would have changed what we said? The Discord channel is a separate issue, as is the Alan Wake twitter thing. I guess it would have been one more thing, but I don't think it really changes the conversation we had. Anyway, I am glad we are all friends again, right?

Don't know, didn't listen. The dictionary bit is what set me off. I'm only going off posts from this thread and a very brief bit of good ol' looking things up in response.

Guess I should have sought more context before speaking about the topic. Irony.

I re-listened to the segment, and for the record there is nothing I would say different. I am not sure what context this Doxing fight has that would have changed what we said? The Discord channel is a separate issue, as is the Alan Wake twitter thing. I guess it would have been one more thing, but I don't think it really changes the conversation we had. Anyway, I am glad we are all friends again, right?
That's because you are stubborn and a hypocrite. A lot of the information in the Kotaku article you repeated was false or misrepresented and yet you wouldn't say anything different? You and Cheapy concluded that segment by saying its all fake but it's not. There was a white Saga Anderson in an Alan Wake teaser and now in Alan Wake II there is a character called Saga Anderson who is black. The Dev just claimed Sweet Baby Inc. wasn't the reason for the change but there is no way to prove that. Sweet Baby Inc has been around since 2018, something you never mentioned, and has worked on many bad games like Gotham Knights, there is nothing "fake" about gamers not recommending games from a company that consults on bad games. Last year on the Podcast you talked about how bad misinformation was and now you don't have any problem spreading it? That's why you are a hypocrite.

Don't know, didn't listen. The dictionary bit is what set me off. I'm only going off posts from this thread and a very brief bit of good ol' looking things up in response.

Guess I should have sought more context before speaking about the topic. Irony.
Wombat is trying to gaslight you. In the segment on last week's podcast, all Wombat did was repeat information from this Kotaku article, this article is full of false information and in the segment, they completely ignore the part about the Steam group. I commented on the show thread and gave them more information on the controversy. In the segment on this podcast, Wombat claims that the additional information I provided was irrelevant and that the steam group and what the Sweet Baby Inc employed did has "literally nothing to do with what we are talking about". Ironically not only did Wombat not research the topic but it seems he didn't even bother to read the article. In the second paragraph of the Kotaku article, it talks about the Steam group. Wombat also tries to defend the Sweet baby Inc employee by downplaying what he did and claimed it wasn't doxxing. If you have the time I'd recommend watching both segments, its around 5mins for each segement and Cheapy has chapters on the youtube recording.

bread's done
Back