Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Subscribe to the Atlus newsletter to receive two exclusive Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Nahobeeho Credit Card Stickers. First 9,500 signups.

Is this like the others, where it's ONLY for new email addresses? I got the patch but then missed the last one (whatever the bonus was) because I didn't realize it had to be a diff email for each thing.

EDIT* nevermind, it says on the form it's for new emails only. :dunce:

Not dredging up the “debate” or whatever this discussion was previously, but could you link to this? I have no familiarity with the game, or characters / images in question, but could not find any reference to this additional info. I’m curious what they actually are now.

It's speculation based on the artbook that came with the japanese release (2021). Within this reddit post, there's this imgur (nsfw) of what they believe might be one of the image censored.

The character bio list her as 18.

img0014-1.jpg

I find that age thing in the book questionable and at best a placeholder as everything about them is ??? If I remember right. They don't even have a last name. Presumably they are older than 18 though

just based on the current antagonist age as she would have to predate them to be connected to the last one.

Something, something, 3000 year old dragon.

I have zero context, I don’t even know what other young adults (by which I mean young adults, not teenagers) look like in comparison to this character, but without that context, I could believe that design was meant to represent a physiologically 18-25 year old in that sort of artstyle. This isn’t exactly an Etna situation where she’s physiologically underaged no matter how you look at it.

I find that age thing in the book questionable and at best a placeholder as everything about them is ??? If I remember right. They don't even have a last name. Presumably they are older than 18 though

Pulled this from their wiki, a comparison between the original and remake. I'm sure the community there has an idea on her background.
009.png

Something, something, 3000 year old dragon.

Something, something, fictional work.

Something, something, fictional work.
Screen_Shot_2021-03-18_at_11.50.15_AM.png

The funny thing about Ciel is you change the clothes and take off the glasses and she ages like 10 years design wise. Though I think they make her eyes bigger with the glasses vs smaller without so that might be the contributing factor.

bread's done
Back