Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You're a diehard gamer yet you need people to give you advice about what games to buy as well as "collect" that will make you money and are worth the investment. That's quite the interesting definition of a die hard gamer. You should really stop adding salt to the self inflicted wound you created and just contribute to the community instead of digging for gold on a forum about cheapassgames.
I just recently discovered Limited Run Games a few months ago. My questions about which platform of LRG re-sells better does not mean I'm not a die-hard gamer. Hardly. No idea how you could make that conclusion. I've been gaming a very very long time, almost surely longer than you have.

I also think it's interesting that LRG allows you to purchase 2 copies of the same game. Doesn't this encourage re-selling or "flipping"? Why does someone need two copies of the same game? I'm not talking about getting a game on both Vita and PS4. I know someone said they didn't believe the 2 copy limit encourages re-selling, but I don't see the point. Why not just limit the quantity to ONE, if they're so concerned about "flipping"?

After these points, I will stop this line of inquiry other than to respond, since it seems to have touched so many nerves here which, despite what some may believe, was NOT my intention. I want to thank those of you who responded with understanding and reasoning. You show that it's not necessary to be brash and rude, even if you disagreed with the tone of what I was saying.

I thought this forum and site were pretty open as to what you could discuss. I know gamers are a fickle bunch, and I am one. I consider myself a gamer first and an investor (if you want to call it that) second.

Have a good week....gracias.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently discovered Limited Run Games a few months ago. My questions about which platform of LRG re-sells better does not mean I'm not a die-hard gamer. Hardly. No idea how you could make that conclusion. I've been gaming a very very long time, almost surely longer than you have.

darksurtur, on 10 Apr 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

It's false to assume that someone buying two copies means one less copy for a "true" collector. LRG sets its print runs based on total anticipated sales. That means more overall copies are in circulation due to resellers and traders than would be otherwise. Ultimately, that moderates market price to some extent. And keep in mind that it's in LRG's best interest to have these sell out quickly. Their entire business model is focused on cultivating and feeding a mentality of immediate purchase.
I also think it's interesting that LRG allows you to purchase 2 copies of the same game. Doesn't this encourage re-selling or "flipping"? Why does someone need two copies of the same game? I'm not talking about getting a game on both Vita and PS4. I know darksurtur said they didn't believe the 2 copy limit encourages re-selling, but I don't see the point. Why not just limit the quantity to ONE, if they're so concerned about "flipping"?

After these points, I will stop this line of inquiry other than to respond, since it seems to have touched so many nerves here which, despite what some may believe, was NOT my intention. I want to thank those of you who responded with understanding and reasoning. You show that it's not necessary to be brash and rude, even if you disagreed with the tone of what I was saying.

I thought this forum and site were pretty open as to what you could discuss. I know gamers are a fickle bunch, and I am one. I consider myself a gamer first and an investor (if you want to call it that) second.

There's probably people that like to keep one sealed and open another one. I could also see situations where you want to buy a copy for your husband/wife/kid/etc - if it were limited to one you might break the rules shipping more than one to the same address even if addressed to a different person maybe?

LRG doesn't have any problem with reselling as long as you stay within their limits. There's probably more buyers than sellers here, and it's just that no one likes being on the other end of a reseller (myself included). As long as you play by LRG's rules there's no problem, but people are still going to have their opinions.

There's probably people that like to keep one sealed and open another one. I could also see situations where you want to buy a copy for your husband/wife/kid/etc - if it were limited to one you might break the rules shipping more than one to the same address even if addressed to a different person maybe?

LRG doesn't have any problem with reselling as long as you stay within their limits. There's probably more buyers than sellers here, and it's just that no one likes being on the other end of a reseller (myself included). As long as you play by LRG's rules there's no problem, but people are still going to have their opinions.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Perhaps a diehard collector wants to keep a sealed copy for prosperity and play the other one.

I agree that there will be some heated opinions about "flipping". My question came from a good place, one more out of curiosity than anything else. Though I am a gamer first, I'd be stupid to ignore an occasional profit opportunity. For example, I really wanted to play "Rule of Rose" on PS2 because of the controversial subject matter and the fact that it was supposed to be a good game. I purchased it on EBAY three years ago for $110. I see now that copies are going for close to $200. So, in a few years, maybe I'll sell it for a good deal more than I bought it for. Does that mean I'm a money-grubbing monster who just wants to screw over fans and gamers? No. I'm a fan and gamer too.

Hopefully this makes sense.....

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Perhaps a diehard collector wants to keep a sealed copy for prosperity and play the other one.

I agree that there will be some heated opinions about "flipping". My question came from a good place, one more out of curiosity than anything else. Though I am a gamer first, I'd be stupid to ignore an occasional profit opportunity. For example, I really wanted to play "Rule of Rose" on PS2 because of the controversial subject matter and the fact that it was supposed to be a good game. I purchased it on EBAY three years ago for $110. I see now that copies are going for close to $200. So, in a few years, maybe I'll sell it for a good deal more than I bought it for. Does that mean I'm a money-grubbing monster who just wants to screw over fans and gamers? No. I'm a fan and gamer too.

Hopefully this makes sense.....
Makes sense to me. Sounds like you're mostly buying to play, but you also just watch values for things you own and want to purchase the one that might hold its value more in case you decide to downsize later. Without any context it just kind of sounds like you wanted to know which one would make you more money and that was it.

Back on topic though, I'm pretty hype for Ray Gigant on Friday.

The LRG guys are collector's themselves, so the 2 copies did in fact originate from the desire to store one, and play the other. So that is why when at all possible, they like to offer at least 2 copies per game if they can. Sadly, some games can't, as qty's are to low, so there is one per person limits for certain titles so that everyone has a fair chance at getting in on those games.

@SideQuestsSucks

I wouldn't worry to much about certain opinions around here, as everyone has them about something. You asked what you thought was a legit question, and in true internet forum fashion, you pissed off several in the process. I promise you those same guys/gals will know you forever at this point because of your opinions today, and will bring up the things you have said today months from now, long after you have forgotten them. They'll care way more about you, than you'll probably ever care about them.

I've been gaming a very very long time, almost surely longer than you have.

You show that it's not necessary to be brash and rude, even if you disagreed with the tone of what I was saying.
If you want to rant on about being a die hard gamer surely longer than I have, then go on about how you are experiencing rude and brash behavior. Don't let me stop your contributions to the site. Keep on topic with the rants about nothing at all related to LRG.

Anyone else play Astebreed yet?

I thought it'd be cool based on the video footage I watched, but it's not for me I guess.

I have no idea what the heck is going on half the time, and this is coming from someone who enjoys bullet hell shooters. I guess it's all about auto-targeting small stuff while sword bashing big stuff, but I can't imagine playing through this again on hard and trying to not take damage.

Doesn't help that the story isn't dubbed and they expect me to read subtitles during crazy gameplay moments. And that it's only like an hour and a half long.

I received Astebreed. The disc is loose inside the sealed case. Either Limited Run Games shipped it to me like that, or the disc came loose in transit because Limited Run Games shipped the game in a freaking bubble mailer, so the case was getting pressed on the whole way. Not okay either way.

Pro tip: Ship limited, highly collectible games in boxes, not useless bubble mailers! (Also, ensure the disc is not loose before shipping.)

I received Astebreed. The disc is loose inside the sealed case. Either Limited Run Games shipped it to me like that, or the disc came loose in transit because Limited Run Games shipped the game in a freaking bubble mailer, so the case was getting pressed on the whole way. Not okay either way.

Pro tip: Ship limited, highly collectible games in boxes, not useless bubble mailers! (Also, ensure the disc is not loose before shipping.)
It's a very easy problem to fix just by following the steps outlined here and on various sites. The disc pops back onto the hub and you can go about your business. Sending the game in a box won't prevent the disc from popping out in transit.

Sending the game in a box won't prevent the disc from popping out in transit.
I was thinking that if shipped in a bubble mailer, the case gets pressed on in transit, which would increase the likelihood of the disc coming loose. If shipped in a box, the case does not get pressed on.

Also, it's not my job to re-set the disc of a brand-new game I paid full price for. If I try, the chance of me cracking the case or scratching the disc more or ruining the factory wrap is pretty high.

I was thinking that if shipped in a bubble mailer, the case gets pressed on in transit, which would increase the likelihood of the disc coming loose. If shipped in a box, the case does not get pressed on.

Also, it's not my job to re-set the disc of a brand-new game I paid full price for. If I try, the chance of me cracking the case or scratching the disc more or ruining the factory wrap is pretty high.
I feel like we've somehow entered a time warp to six months ago. Rather than wasting everyone's time by reanimating a dead discussion, please go back through this thread and read up on why a box won't fix the problem (although I would agree that it can reduce the chances which is why LRG ships multiple PS4 game orders in boxes and offers buyers the chance to pay for a box upgrade which you apparently declined) and why you're not guaranteed a PS4 game without a loose disc from either LRG or any other retailer. Also, I've resecured at least 30 PS4 discs in the last six months and never damaged the wrap, insert or case in any way. It's really not a big deal.

Loose disc have been discussed at great lengths around here, and while shipping in a box may help(it can still happen), the issue is a case defect by Sony, and there is nothing LRG can do about it. They do offer a box option on their site, so it cost a little more, but the game will be shipped in a box, but there are no guarantees in regards to loose disc.

1) LRG has numerous ways to address this the best they can on their end being that it's Sony's problem, not theirs. You can pay for a box or you can order 2+ games with at least one being a PS4 game and get a box automatically

2) Sony is the party at fault for loose discs. The case design sucks. Nothing anyone outside of Sony can do about it.

3) Given that the non loose disc requirement is your own stringent requirement, in the face of #2 you are forced to accept this is unrealistic and then decide how you personally will address it. You can get good at reseating loose discs so its no longer an issue, buy multiple copies to improve chances of getting a non-floater, meet the requirements to ship games in a box to minimize the chance, etc.

I hate loose discs too. I've been collecting every PS4 physical US release since day one and deal with loose discs daily. I used to exchange them at a local store even until I learned how to reseat them. I was able to perfect numerous methods of effortlessly reseating them without damage to the factory wrapping or case.

Practice with a disposable sports game or something that's already open and practice and experiment with the interaction between the disc and the hub until you perfect it. The method shown in the video is best as it puts both necessary downward force on the disc and also allows it to slide a bit to hook over the opposite side after anchoring the near side. If you do this slowly with an open case you'll see what I mean. Works every time.

But still, if you have this asinine requirement, as I do, then you have to at least accept the fact that it's nobody's fault except Sony and they don't appear to be addressing it any time soon, and deal with it somehow.

Very rarely I'll still exchange games that have no chance in hell at reseating on the grounds that 1) the case is broken, eg: piece of cracked off plastic rattling around inside 2) one of the 3 prongs was mashed at the failed factory attempt to press the disc in and is also effectively a broken case. Both can be easily observed with a 1000 lumen flashlight. This only applies for normal retail outlets and obviously differs with LRG, which is why when it comes to LRG, iam8bit, fangamer, and other limited releases that I'll never have a chance to replace or exchange, it's one of many reasons I always pick up 2.

Box or no box, discs can go loose stupid easy due to the flawed cases Sony uses. A minimal amount of pressure on the center of the case will pop a disc. The pressure could be applied by packing material inside a box or through the box itself. Witness as I cause a game to go loose with little effort through a thick acrylic case in less than give seconds: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/830254128425230338

Even with the pressure problem solved, it wouldn't be enough. Games jiggle off the spindle in transit. We receive around 30 loose discs from Sony in any given run and those are shipped on pallets, nicely packed in boxes by the 30.

We don't ship out loose discs (or games with even slightly damaged shrinkwrap) - the pile of games in our shipping room can attest to that.

Very rarely I'll still exchange games that have no chance in hell at reseating on the grounds that 1) the case is broken, eg: piece of cracked off plastic rattling around inside 2) one of the 3 prongs was mashed at the failed factory attempt to press the disc in and is also effectively a broken case. Both can be easily observed with a 1000 lumen flashlight. This only applies for normal retail outlets and obviously differs with LRG, which is why when it comes to LRG, iam8bit, fangamer, and other limited releases that I'll never have a chance to replace or exchange, it's one of many reasons I always pick up 2.
Just a heads up, unless we don't have any left we're happy to replace any items that arrive damaged beyond loose discs or minor problems. We usually reserve about 50 - 100 copies of any game for replacements (though we usually only need around 15 for any given game - just want to be safe).

Loose disc and flipping discussions. fuck sakes it never ends lmao. There should be certain key words that just auto hide posts people make so they still get the satisfaction of having said their piece but we all don't have to see it lol.

Loose disc and flipping discussions. fuck sakes it never ends lmao. There should be certain key words that just auto hide posts people make so they still get the satisfaction of having said their piece but we all don't have to see it lol.
These topics are cyclical. give it a few weeks and they'll be gone and then in a few more weeks and they'll be back. no big

This site, and this LRG forum in particular, has mostly gamers and collectors. Flippers make the lives of collectors and gamers living hell.

You are the competition, the enemy, the reason shit sells out in 3 seconds and the reason preorders generally don't exist anymore outside of those 3 second windows. You are the reason it's exceedingly difficult to wait for sales because the potential to go on sale at a later date is constantly haunted by the spectre of being sold out before it can be out that long. You are the reason we are sleepless and have to stay up till 3 AM F5ing retailers in fear of our collections being forever incomplete. You are the reason we have to constantly order multiples of something as insurance because with items sold out all the time just to flip the receipt on ebay, we can't rely on being able to exchange them after the fact because there are no more.

Collectors are a very driven and passionate goal oriented bunch, and people like you insert your uninvited slimy asses between them and their goals. You are the unwanted sand in vaginal lube that exists for no other purpose than to make other people's lives miserable.

fuck eBay.
:applause: Thank you.

Flipping shows for major investments like houses and cars aren't entertaining because of the deals. People like watching those because of the alterations that are made to the product in question. The participants purchase a good, and then improve on the good, with an eye to how much those improvements cost, so that they come away with a net profit. A lot of thought has to go into what they do, how it will affect the final product, and how they balance the overall budget. How all of this comes together makes an interesting experience that can be a lot of fun to watch.

Reselling games has none of that. None. You buy a game, you go out and sell it to someone else, without making any changes. You don't do anything to improve the product to boost its value. It's just the bare minimum of buy cheap, sell dear. It's roughly comparable to stock trading, but with video games. You know what isn't fun to watch? Stock trading, that's what. I understand that some people get a thrill from stock trading, but no one would want to watch a show about that sort of investing. It just isn't entertaining for most people.

That's part of the reason why so few people here like to hear about that sort of short-term flipping. Bragging about such practices just makes you seem like you're a deal-ruiner. No one is impressed or entertained by the money you managed to make by picking up a bunch of copies of a game on sale and throwing them at GameStop, or putting them up for auction on eBay. You might find it thrilling, but no one else is going to appreciate it. It's boring on the face of it, and will just remind us of who we have to blame when we can't find those deals ourselves when we go out looking for them. If you want to do it, that's your business. But no one should come on these boards bragging about such achievements and expect to find a receptive audience. This is the wrong place to be touting such exploits.
Also thank you. :bow:

Makes sense to me. Sounds like you're mostly buying to play, but you also just watch values for things you own and want to purchase the one that might hold its value more in case you decide to downsize later. Without any context it just kind of sounds like you wanted to know which one would make you more money and that was it.

Back on topic though, I'm pretty hype for Ray Gigant on Friday.
Yes, exactly....well said. I guess because it was my very first post, I was pegged right away as "that guy"- which I suppose I can understand. As you said, "without any context".

I wouldn't worry to much about certain opinions around here, as everyone has them about something. You asked what you thought was a legit question, and in true internet forum fashion, you pissed off several in the process. I promise you those same guys/gals will know you forever at this point because of your opinions today, and will bring up the things you have said today months from now, long after you have forgotten them. They'll care way more about you, than you'll probably ever care about them.
Chrislaustin- I couldn't agree more. I'm sure one of 'em will bring up my 're-selling" messages months from now. Bitterness reigns supreme on message boards and I've found that gamers especially hold grudges like no one else around. Well, they and Democrats. O:)

I appreciate your kind words.

Flipping shows for major investments like houses and cars aren't entertaining because of the deals. People like watching those because of the alterations that are made to the product in question. The participants purchase a good, and then improve on the good, with an eye to how much those improvements cost, so that they come away with a net profit. A lot of thought has to go into what they do, how it will affect the final product, and how they balance the overall budget. How all of this comes together makes an interesting experience that can be a lot of fun to watch.

Reselling games has none of that. None. You buy a game, you go out and sell it to someone else, without making any changes. You don't do anything to improve the product to boost its value. It's just the bare minimum of buy cheap, sell dear. It's roughly comparable to stock trading, but with video games. You know what isn't fun to watch? Stock trading, that's what. I understand that some people get a thrill from stock trading, but no one would want to watch a show about that sort of investing. It just isn't entertaining for most people.
Not to completely derail the thread but there is a huge demographic for people who watch shows about stock trading. There are also television channels where stock market info is running through the bottom of the tv 24/7. Channels such as Bloomberg news and CNN have shows devoted specifically to publicly trading stocks. Just off the top of my head there's Mad Money with Kramer which is aired every night on CNN. That show has been running since 2005 so there's obviously some interest. People have mentioned in the Collector's edition thread that on Youtube there's now a lot of Youtubers who have channels devoted to collecting. They've completely driven up the market on certain games simply by doing videos on them and getting a lot of people to watch the videos. There is an interest in reselling as well as collecting just not on mainstream television. LRG has definitely found a nice piece of the pie in the competitive video game market. There is larger and larger interest in this type of stuff for a multitude of reasons that not everyone might agree with.

I've picked up everything so far from LRG except breach and clear and for whatever reason I passed on Thomas Was alone for the PS4. I'm skipping any kickstarter releases as I'm still waiting for my Skullgirls and really don't want too much of my money just on hold. Outside of that I'm going to continue picking up the LRG releases and am looking forward to this Friday's releases.

Not to completely derail the thread but there is a huge demographic for people who watch shows about stock trading.
You are right, such shows do exist. I personally find them to be massively boring. Clearly someone is watching them. I suspect many of the people who do are active stock traders, and are just looking for constant information and advice.

And I suppose that somewhat justifies the interest being expressed here. The original poster was looking for general advice. I still don't think stock trading or video game flipping make for decent entertainment. I do think video game collecting would be entertaining, but then of course I would, that is something that I'm into.

One type of video show that I would find much more entertaining is one on custom video game modifications. Refurbishing or redesigning or improving older systems. I did this myself with a few old Game Boy Advance units. It was a lot of fun. And when I was finished I had fully back-lit original model GBAs.

How about custom game console design? Planning out my own as I never built a proper 80-90s PC from scratch.

68000 or 8086, haven't decided.  8086 @ 8-12 MHz would be fun to see what a full 16 bit ungimped 8086 could do, especially with a real tile based VDP instead of a cheesy software EGA/VGA framebuffer. Though 16 MB address space and registers of 68K are irresistible.

Custom VDP written in VHDL on a Cyclone II

320x240 16bpp 6.29 MHz dot clock provided a 15 KHz broadcast monitor can sync it (will be the first thing I test on my PVM 20M4U when I get my DE1 dev board).

4 scrolling layers of 2x2 screens with blending, scaling, and rotation (10 ns SRAM for name table and tile data giving plenty of time for 4 tile lookups and 4 pixel lookups per dot clock with plenty of guard band. 158 ns per dot). BG plane merge circuit with priority and ceiling/floor values to clamp output for cheap fading in lieu of palettes.

HINT/HDMA effects for per scanline raster effects (plain projection, etc)

256 sprites, 8x8 with no per scanline limit, using CAM lookups to get X/Y hits 

Ensoniq ES5506 32 channel wave table audio, more than likely with it's own 68k coproc to run tracker/mixer/codecs as was common with that family of sound chips both in GUS and numerous 68k+Ensoniq arcade boards.

:D

Think if SNES and Neo Geo made love and made a SNES 2.

I'm interested in your copies of Firewatch and Shadow Complex if you have both and decide to sell.

I may also be interested in Breach and Clear as well as Deadline if you have it.

Sometime this week I'll likely be listing some titles I'm getting rid of. Not going for a full set any longer and theres definitely some I can stand to lose now that I'm not.

This site, and this LRG forum in particular, has mostly gamers and collectors. Flippers make the lives of collectors and gamers living hell.

You are the competition, the enemy, the reason shit sells out in 3 seconds and the reason preorders generally don't exist anymore outside of those 3 second windows. You are the reason it's exceedingly difficult to wait for sales because the potential to go on sale at a later date is constantly haunted by the spectre of being sold out before it can be out that long. You are the reason we are sleepless and have to stay up till 3 AM F5ing retailers in fear of our collections being forever incomplete. You are the reason we have to constantly order multiples of something as insurance because with items sold out all the time just to flip the receipt on ebay, we can't rely on being able to exchange them after the fact because there are no more.

Collectors are a very driven and passionate goal oriented bunch, and people like you insert your uninvited slimy asses between them and their goals. You are the unwanted sand in vaginal lube that exists for no other purpose than to make other people's lives miserable.

fuck eBay.
To be honest, it's posts like this that make my decision to use reselling on eBay as a valuable tool to make extra money for my family an easy one. Your life is miserable if you don't get your complete collection? What an overindulgent fanboy. If my kids get to take a nicer vacation instead of someone like you getting your 24K copy of Super Meathead then my conscience is absolutely clean.

I also think it's interesting that LRG allows you to purchase 2 copies of the same game. Doesn't this encourage re-selling or "flipping"? Why does someone need two copies of the same game? I'm not talking about getting a game on both Vita and PS4. I know someone said they didn't believe the 2 copy limit encourages re-selling, but I don't see the point. Why not just limit the quantity to ONE, if they're so concerned about "flipping"?

Don't let the complainers bother you for a second. Spend enough time and you'll see plenty of hypocrisy among CAG members..,"I was going to keep it to play, but they're selling for SO much on eBay..." or outright illegality, such as emulators on NES Classics, et al.

Chrislaustin- I couldn't agree more. I'm sure one of 'em will bring up my 're-selling" messages months from now. Bitterness reigns supreme on message boards and I've found that gamers especially hold grudges like no one else around. Well, they and Democrats. O:)

I appreciate your kind words.
At the end of the day, every place has subjects that are taboo, and need to be asked, or brought up in a certain manner to not offend. Just laying in to someone because you don't like their question, or opinion on something is just not cool. When anyone is "attacked", defense is the first order of the day, and all that does is lead to a forum thread full of back and forth between those parties. I know, as it happens to me often, but I don't like "bullies" in any way, shape, or form. So I will go back and forth with certain users here, as I won't be bullied, and I don't stand by and watch it happen to others either.

Why are my thoughts or opinions more important than yours or anyone else's? There's a right and wrong way to tell someone their question may not have been the best, and maybe should have been worded differently(and some did address you in that manner), while others get up on their throne, and yell, bark, and scream your the anti Christ and that their king of the kingdom.

Josh from LRG has on many occasions stated buying their games and flipping them is the right of the person doing so. As long as their limits have not been violated, they don't care. Yes, we do have a selling/trading forum for such things I guess, and if your question wasn't allowed here, a polite take it to the "trading" forum would have been all it took. End of issue, and a new member isn't attacked and welcomed with a flaming bag of poop. LOL

Since I'm not into roguelikes I decided to pass on Flinthook, and the other game just doesn't look appealing to me at all. First time I'll be skipping a release. I got Stardew Valley instead, and my phone just gave out so I had to spend $250 on a new one.

But I'll be here with yall anyway. The excitement is contagious so I'll be refreshing and rooting for you guys even if I'm not participating haha. 

Stardew Valley just set the new bar imho. Released physically with a physical manual, a physical map, and a physical soundtrack and all for $24. Beautiful
Probably a lot easier to do despite all the extras and paying for the ESRB rating because the production numbers are much higher than anything LRG has ever released (or probably will ever) plus it's across PS4 and X1.

I can't say for certain but it's my understanding also that larger production orders qualify for discounts at the manufacturing level. So that helps offset some of the cost as well.

Stardew Valley just set the new bar imho. Released physically with a physical manual, a physical map, and a physical soundtrack and all for $24. Beautiful
Agreed! Both my copies (1 for each platform) are going to be delivered today from BB, looking forward to getting them.

This is a great week for small games getting physical releases with Stardew Valley and Yooka-Laylee.   Then Ray Gigant on Friday.

Just hope the Stardew Valley PS4 Pro problems were fixed with the new firmware, can't find a definitive answer either way.

Just hope the Stardew Valley PS4 Pro problems were fixed with the new firmware, can't find a definitive answer either way.
Ew didn't know this was a thing.

I'm still using my OG PS4 that I bought from some lady on the cheap who was 'liquidating' all of her ex-boyfriend's assets lol

This is a great week for small games getting physical releases with Stardew Valley and Yooka-Laylee. Then Ray Gigant on Friday.

Not to mention Hyper Light Drifter is being delivered this week for a good number of iam8bit customers.

Sometime this week I'll likely be listing some titles I'm getting rid of. Not going for a full set any longer and theres definitely some I can stand to lose now that I'm not.
If you possibly want to work a deal on the four titles Inlisted, I'm game. I mainly want Shadow Complex and Firewatch though.

Sigh... I have no problem with opinionated comments on reselling or flipping, but come on man, it's freaking cancerous.  The whole point of this thread is to inform and discuss upcoming projects, let's just stick to that yeah?  Somebody please create a separate thread for OT discussions, this way if someone starts to say the same shit again, just point to that link.

Not to completely derail the thread but there is a huge demographic for people who watch shows about stock trading. There are also television channels where stock market info is running through the bottom of the tv 24/7. Channels such as Bloomberg news and CNN have shows devoted specifically to publicly trading stocks. Just off the top of my head there's Mad Money with Kramer which is aired every night on CNN. That show has been running since 2005 so there's obviously some interest. People have mentioned in the Collector's edition thread that on Youtube there's now a lot of Youtubers who have channels devoted to collecting. They've completely driven up the market on certain games simply by doing videos on them and getting a lot of people to watch the videos. There is an interest in reselling as well as collecting just not on mainstream television. LRG has definitely found a nice piece of the pie in the competitive video game market. There is larger and larger interest in this type of stuff for a multitude of reasons that not everyone might agree with.
I would totally watch a show like Comic Book Men but geared towards gaming.

Cosmic Star Heroine came out today on Steam. I went ahead and picked up a digital copy, I have no problem throwing Zeboyd some support, and digital purchases are the best mark-up for most indie developers. All the same, I will be showing up for whenever LRG releases the physical copy of the game.

Cosmic Star Heroine came out today on Steam. I went ahead and picked up a digital copy, I have no problem throwing Zeboyd some support, and digital purchases are the best mark-up for most indie developers. All the same, I will be showing up for whenever LRG releases the physical copy of the game.
A little surprised there's no reviews for it. I'm hoping it's good... Yooka-Laylee got some poor reviews, hopefully CSH is better.

bread's done
Back