Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I feel like half the people complaining about missing it just haven't had to purchase limited items before.. The only thing I would potentially agree upon, is maybe limiting standard copies to 1 per person in the mornings (even though I like having 2 myself)..

The only game I've missed is Jotun, which was my own fault for waiting too long in the morning. Try getting Blizzcon tickets or clothes/shoes, I feel like those are way harder.

I do know that eventually it would be harder to get LRG's stuff in the future, so I'm enjoying this while I can

The pissing and moaning in here is unreal. If I can put in two separate orders, make orders at home, on the road, at work, etc then you lot can too. It's not really that hard, and many of you are behaving like children.

Managed to secure a standard edition copy of both games, but ordered them separately due to fear. I was "in line" for Night Trap for over 30 seconds and I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack, but I still got a copy. 

Got my regulat Night Trap game. I was debating getting the CE, but for $60 plus, nah, even scalping it won't give me much profit. For those new to LRG checkouts. You should have the paypal and LRG signins ready so its just click to log out.

I'm now at 9 outstanding titles form LRG yet to ship lmao.  That's just unique titles, not CEs and cover variants.

There's going to be a loot truck explosion at the house soon like a Diablo boss.

I was lucky that I managed to get the CE and regular edition of Night Trap.

I didn't see the CE available, so I had the regular edition in my cart, waited for the que thing to end to place my order, but instead I go back and refresh the page to see if the CE is on there, sure enough it is, so I add it to my cart. Waite for like 30 seconds again, thinking I might have screwed myself out of any version of the game now, and sure enough I was able to buy both versions.

Much easier then the Wonder Boy situation.

I just wish that when you have a place in line, and get to the payment part, your copy was actually held for you for something like 60 seconds, like they do on ticketmaster and other sites.

After seeing the bundle 404, I decided to just go for the standard ps4.  By the time I was done in "line" it was sold out.  I had everything pre-logged in too.

Started watching the Night Trap documentary youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2zptiviBo

Decided to look at the standard PS4 version when it went live.  Figured maybe I'd grab a copy and play it then flip it since I could consider it a rental at that point... no dice.  Ended up in line waiting and then it sold out.  Maybe I'll try again this evening, but kind of figured this is how it would go since I wasn't even going to consider buying this till watching that documentary.   If I can't get a copy, i'll just watch someone else play it on youtube and wait for a Steam sale.   I will give props to the red cover art.  That really is quite nice.

I was fine until the listing for the CE disappeared from the site completely:

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/

The listing was totally gone.  I assumed a new URL was going to appear for the CE, and the old one would not be recycled.  Nothing showed up.  I eventually came to find it had secretly sold out already.  WTF.  Fail.

Wtf is this line everyone is talking about.  I've never seen it on any LRG release since Breach and Clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm actually happy that they killed the direct link to the Night Trap CE, before the sale went live. Everyone would have been sitting on that page and it would have sold out in a matter of seconds.

The way they done it today made an even playing field for everybody.

I'm now at 9 outstanding titles form LRG yet to ship lmao. That's just unique titles, not CEs and cover variants.

There's going to be a loot truck explosion at the house soon like a Diablo boss.
Damn, I got around 6 or so- that includes doubles though (i.e., Wonder Boy standard and CE). But I just got a shipping notice for Jotun... still nothing on my Oceanhorn order though.:whistle2:k

I was on the main page refreshing and checking in on the Blu-Ray at 6:59, as I was hoping that would go up early, but I saw the CE at the same time as the documentary, so I threw both in the cart and headed for the checkout. I wanted the vinyl to, but since I didn't see it, I opted not to wait. I had to wait in the "line" for about 10 seconds, and then rushed through.

Then I headed back for the Vinyl, and was able to grab that as well. After all was said and done, I said WTF, and went back and grabbed the Bunker. Didn't really plan to get it, as I'm not collecting PS4 games, but I am a fan of FMV games, so I said  fuck it, nice to support a game like this in hopes others may get done and or released later on. I hope LRG appreciates my donations of 3x shipping fees. LOL

I really hope no more Vita titles get announced for any time soon, as I for sure went over my budget with all this stuff.

I'm now at 9 outstanding titles form LRG yet to ship lmao. That's just unique titles, not CEs and cover variants.

Damn, I got around 6 or so- that includes doubles though (i.e., Wonder Boy standard and CE). But I just got a shipping notice for Jotun... still nothing on my Oceanhorn order though.:whistle2:k

Damn, I got around 6 or so- that includes doubles though (i.e., Wonder Boy standard and CE). But I just got a shipping notice for Jotun... still nothing on my Oceanhorn order though. :whistle2:k
I got my Vita Oceanhorn yesterday, but my PS4 version isn't here yet. Makes sense I guess considering they were ordered separately, but your copy should be arriving any day now.

Why wouldn't you want to setup your information before hand? You know these stuff is going to sell out quick. Stop placing the blame elsewhere and start taking some responsibility.
I tried. The website uses shopify and the only way you can access that part of the site is when something is in your cart and you are checking out. Once you check out you can save your information. So I have to buy some crappy piece of merc just so I have a chance at a real product? Thanks for nothing, moron.

Damn, I got around 6 or so- that includes doubles though (i.e., Wonder Boy standard and CE). But I just got a shipping notice for Jotun... still nothing on my Oceanhorn order though. :whistle2:k
The Bunker
Night Trap
Night Trap CE
Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy CE
Lawbreakers
Plague Road
Oceanhorn
Jotun
Drive! Drive! Drive!
NeuroVoider

And:

Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Absolver
Shadow Warrior 2

I love all the people on their high horses that got a copy talking down to those who got screwed out of one. I've bought several games from LRG, so I know what I'm doing, thanks. This and Wonder Boy makes 2 in a row that have sold out while I was checking out. Beginning to wonder if this is worth the effort.

Can't wait until one of you smug folks miss out for the first time.

Why did they kill the link for Night trap CE? I really wanted that when it went live. And how did people manage to get it?
Long time LRG buyers know they frequently delist pages and that the URL doesn't change. I have everything I want in their own tabs by Thursday evening.

Also in the 5-10 minutes you're bored watching the count down you should be checking Twitter and this forum too.

I got my Vita Oceanhorn yesterday, but my PS4 version isn't here yet. Makes sense I guess considering they were ordered separately, but your copy should be arriving any day now.
Yeah, early on when I had two separate orders, they actually combined them without my asking. Although they pocketed the shipping cost(but I was cool donating it). Now, even having extra staff, I'm sure it's just not possible to do that anymore. I have three different orders from today, and while it would be nice to get them all in one box, I'm sure they'll be coming separate as well.

I tried. The website uses shopify and the only way you can access that part of the site is when something is in your cart and you are checking out. Once you check out you can save your information. So I have to buy some crappy piece of merc just so I have a chance at a real product? Thanks for nothing, moron.
That for sure sucks, but being new, that was sadly your cross to bear today. While I agree, you maybe could have done more before hand, I can't blame anyone for not knowing all the ends and outs, and due to their system, as stated, you can't really save info without going through the process first. I do understand how Shoptify works in that regard, but I do wish LRG allowed for the storage of info on your account, as that could help to.

But all this is nothing new, and really only new patrons may or may not have to deal with it. So while not wanting to order or do what was required before hand was in your rights to do, if someone really wanted one of these items, buying a little cheap item, and having it done would have been cheap Vs. missing out all together. But that was your choice, and it's cool either way.

Someone here saying we are whining about it? Well if i check at 10:03 and something sold out and vanished from their site, and seconds later I see dozens on ebay going for $160+, then what's the point?

I am at work, and can normally check my phone, but I had a customer and couldnt look at my phone until 10:03. So if 3min past the time it goes on sale isn't good enough, then I had no chance. I can't exactly tell the customer to hold on while I use my phone.

But I think what pissed me off more is that I checked ebay at 10:05 and there's literally dozens of NT CE's available for amost 3x the price. Disgusting.

I've been ordering from their first release and I don't have my payment information saved. A lot of people use the trick where they copy their info to Notepad and paste it in at checkout however I've been OK just entering it real fast.

I've been ordering from their first release and I don't have my payment information saved. A lot of people use the trick where they copy their info to Notepad and paste it in at checkout however I've been OK just entering it real fast.
There's something funny with the phone number for me - it doesn't save and I've tried to submit a few times not realizing it's blank.

I love all the people on their high horses that got a copy talking down to those who got screwed out of one. I've bought several games from LRG, so I know what I'm doing, thanks. This and Wonder Boy makes 2 in a row that have sold out while I was checking out. Beginning to wonder if this is worth the effort.

Have not missed out on any release and never will :bouncy:

Where? I see 1 CE and 2 standard which was the limit.
It really doesn't matter, as maybe the guy has some friends who bought copies to flip, and he's doing it for them. There are always any number of possibilities with these resells, and no matter what, if guys want to be salty for it, they will be no matter the how's or why's of it all.

Meh, if I miss out, I miss out. No hard feelings, but its the nature of capitalism. For the record the Night Trap CE was combined woth the regular in the same page. Had to click on the link within the regular game to buy it. I've made a habit that I'm not going to buy an Indie game for $59.99 even CE. Standard is good enough and I'm not for reselling. Maybe its a East Coast thing where there's more site traffic, compared to the West Coasters. And also this is the first time, I ever got a message from LRG saying something like "Please wait for next spot in queue due to high traffic". Actually had to wait.

Why did they kill the link for Night trap CE? I really wanted that when it went live. And how did people manage to get it?
It's to prevent pre-loading into carts by bots/scripts. They posted a warning on Twitter 10 minutes beforehand so they def didn't give enough of a heads up.

Not saying it was smooth on my end (had the same, waiting in line issue as before with WB) but the fact that the same thing happened to you twice now, maybe something on your end? We all knew this was gonna go fast but I was able to add the standard, CE, vinyl and documentary to my cart and check out. I always do it on desktop when connected to my interest. I tried buying from my phone once and it took me almost a minute to check out even on LTE.

I only missed one game I wanted, that was Soldner X-2 and that was because of cart pre-loading.

EDIT* Actually I did miss a few others b/c of work meetings and/or client calls, but that's not really on LRG.

There's something funny with the phone number for me - it doesn't save and I've tried to submit a few times not realizing it's blank.
Yeah, there's no way to save the phone number, at least that I have seen. It has been discussed, and some said it's a security measure, or something to that effect. When I log in to Paypal & LRG sites on release day, I also save my phone number to my browser, so I can just paste it and save a few seconds.

The PC version is still available and in all honesty think that's going to be the most valuable NT version in the long run (once the scalpers do what they do on the CE's). Lower print run in a big box, numbered, and most PC collectors probably have no clue it's even out. Since LRG is a console seller mostly.

How were people able to add multiple items to their order? I started at 10AM, added NT, and checked out. Sold out before.
I had three items added to cart, checked out in <= 10s from first second it went live to order confirmation page, double checked order for mistakes, refreshed LRG Twitter for any surprises, then went back to all three product pages and refreshed standard and CE pages. They hung at 90%+ still and finally start dropping 85...80....75...etc.

How the fuck are people still checking out 3 minutes later?

Honestly I used to freak out about these releases but every single time it's the same as above so I stopped.

The PC version is still available and in all honesty think that's going to be the most valuable NT version in the long run (once the scalpers do what they do on the CE's). Lower print run in a big box, numbered, and most PC collector's probably have no clue it's even out. Since LRG is a console seller mostly.
PC historically doesn't have the collector fever of consoles.

The PC version is still available and in all honesty think that's going to be the most valuable NT version in the long run (once the scalpers do what they do on the CE's). Lower print run in a big box, numbered, and most PC collector's probably have no clue it's even out. Since LRG is a console seller mostly.
No manual though. I'm sure it will be worth more down the line like most limited games do. Silver Case sells for less than LRG originally sold it for at the moment if you want to speculate.

I had three items added to cart, checked out in <= 10s from first second it went live to order confirmation page, double checked order for mistakes, refreshed LRG Twitter for any surprises, then went back to all three product pages and refreshed standard and CE pages. They hung at 90%+ still and finally start dropping 85...80....75...etc.

How the fuck are people still checking out 3 minutes later?

Honestly I used to freak out about these releases but every single time it's the same as above so I stopped.
From the cart, do you click the black Checkout button or go straight to the yellow Paypal or Amazon Pay links?

First LRG purchase here, and the only one I really really wanted. Got the standard PS4 version only. My sympathies for those who really wanted it but didn't get it. 

my 1st LGR purchase too, ended up getting the mega bundle. for sure i thought it would sell out before checking out, added it to my cart went to checkout got the waiting in queue for checkout message and checked out in under 1 minute once it let me in.

bread's done
Back