Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on it with Ys. They posted on NeoGAF earlier today saying that their still concerned about Ys selling well due to the existence of the Asian version. It sounds like they probably erred on the extreme side of caution when choosing a print run again.
I saw that to, but it also seemed like they opted to keep whatever higher numbers where in place, as the Asia releases don't seem to be having much effect on them currently, but I could have read it wrong.

Screw this. LRG, I appreciate what you guys do, but you just HAVE to figure out another way to sell your games. Now HUNDREDS of copies of these games are on Amazon and Ebay and no one else, save for a few lucky CAGs, who wants them for their actual price can get them. I was on AT 6pm on the dot, I had paypal logged in, LRG logged in, added the item to my cart and then it lagged and lagged during the loading of the cart screen and then the checkout screen and i was on the final page, almost got it, and BAM, sold out. My girlfriend was at home and she tried to order too and the same thing happened, gone in 60 seconds.

How is this possible at all? A simple locking of a copy if I add it to my cart in time would fix a HUGE part of this problem.

I'm just done. First time trying to use LRG and last time I guess. Just chsnge the namr to Limited Scalper Games and call it a day. Those of you who got one and actually wanted it to keep and play amd not try to turn a profit, congrats and I hope you guys enjoy it as I would have.

Now those thousands of us who wanted the game for our collection and to actually play it and enjoy it are out of luck cuz NO effing way am I paying some scumbag scalper 3x the price for the game. I guess I'll check ebay in a year and see if some scalpers couldnt get a profit and sell it closer to retail.

I am so bummed right now its not even funny. Anyone else get burned by this or am I alone in this predicament?
You say "hundreds" of copies on ebay, yet I just looked and there's a total of 28. Scalping will never stop. There is no way to 100% combat it. Even if 200 people resell them, it's a small portion of the overall market.

Now, as far as the checkout method, it's been repeated countless times in this thread. Shopify handles the checkout method, and LRG doesn't have many other options for that kind of service. Even if you were able to "lock" an item in by adding it to your cart, do you really think it'd help? You can see how many people want these now; it'd be just as hard to get them if your method worked.

The business is called "Limited Run Games". It's as simple as that. The games are printed in small quantities. If you want them REALLY BAD, you have to dedicate a little bit of time to prepare for them coming out.

Regardless, it doesn't make it any less of a scumbag thing to do. Scalp them all you want, obviously I can't change that. I guess my moral standards and my expectation that mankind is a generally helpful and courteous species is wrong and we are all just surrounded by people out to make a quick buck.

If buying games and selling them for 3x the price is your thing that gets you off, then you do you. As for me, I'd rather help my fellow CAGs get stuff rather than fill my own pockets, but again, that's just me.

If you got a copy just for scalping, then I can't say anything but congrats to you for getting one if you did it without any exploitation, however what you do with it after, if that thing is to hold it for ransom for 3x the price, then again, that makes you a scumbag.

But I know battling an internet warrior is useless so I won't waste more time on the subject. I use CAG to find great deals and help others get what they need. If I had 2 copies i'd sell it at retail + shipping for someone who I knew wanted it to actually keep, but again, that's just me.
The thing is once these hit they won't be three times the price. That's why scalpers get them up so fast. After all there are 4500 regular copies of these and I'll bet half end up on ebay. So if you wait you could snag one for maybe 40-50 at most. Not saying that's great, but it's not three times the price. Maybe LRG should run a few preorder auctions on their own for charity or something. To hurt the 5 minute later scalpers bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and secured a copy legit. Was afraid the one bought with the "exploit" would be cancelled. Not trying to circumvent the rules. Only wanted 1 for myself. How do you request a cancellation? They won't cancel both of them on me, will they?
https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com/support/home

Open a ticket and explain to them what happened. Their CS is pretty good but I imagine right now they're drowning in tickets regarding people not being able to get one.

The only issue I've ever had with LRG is when you hit refresh when the clock hits 0:00 the add to cart button decides to not show up.

I got one in the morning, didn't try for one in the afternoon, but a friend of mine did. He said he sat there and hit F5 and the add to cart button never showed and then it was sold out. So I guess that happens to others too.
That happens fairly often honestly... not all the add to cart buttons go up at the same time for me, ever.

Screw this. LRG, I appreciate what you guys do, but you just HAVE to figure out another way to sell your games. Now HUNDREDS of copies of these games are on Amazon and Ebay and no one else, save for a few lucky CAGs, who wants them for their actual price can get them. I was on AT 6pm on the dot, I had paypal logged in, LRG logged in, added the item to my cart and then it lagged and lagged during the loading of the cart screen and then the checkout screen and i was on the final page, almost got it, and BAM, sold out. My girlfriend was at home and she tried to order too and the same thing happened, gone in 60 seconds.
There are tons of people who know about LRG now. It's not really fair to say the only people buying are on CAG or flippers on Amazon/eBay. You were there for the morning batch and saw how that went right? I can't imagine you were surprised that games sold out that quick. A lot of these production runs are determined months in advance- before LRG really knows what's going to happen.

Doom said numerous times, they're not really banking on profits here and one bad release could sink them.

I didn't add the shipping box to my ce order in my haste. There's no way they would send that in anything but a box, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk
They ship all CEs in a box, no need to buy one.

This is a strange attitude to have. You're so bummed that you missed out on the physical version, but not bummed enough to pay scalper prices. Sounds like you are a prime candidate for the digital version. Does ownership of the physical disc somehow impact your life in a meaningful way?
Well, he's not supporting digital air and the robbery of your ownership rights by boycotting the "rental" version, so there's that.

This is something on LRG's FAQs section that I don't understand. Multiple people can order from the same household as long as names and payments are different and LRG doesn't know they are selling them on eBay which they could probably never find out. So basically, if the limit is 2 and someone just uses their card and someone else's card(s), they can get at least 4 copies if not more to the same address.

"I have multiple people I wanted to buy a copy for that is over the limit, how do I get more copies?

The short answer is, YOU can’t. They will need to have someone else buy a copy or they will need to buy one themselves. We won’t cancel orders coming from the same household if the name and payment method is different. However, if we have had trouble with your household purposely trying to get around our limit for personal gain such as selling them on eBay, we will cancel them."

This is a strange attitude to have. You're so bummed that you missed out on the physical version, but not bummed enough to pay scalper prices. Sounds like you are a prime candidate for the digital version. Does ownership of the physical disc somehow impact your life in a meaningful way?
Well my 3,550+ video game collection would like a new friend for starters.

Night Trap was one of those games that had meaning in my life as a kid. I remember getting a Sega CD just for this game and played it a lot. I just wanted a physical copy of this remastered edition for my PS4 to add it to my collection as I am not a fan of digital. I didn't get this many games buy filling the pockets of scalpers.

I find it more odd that my fellow CAGs here have no problems with paying the scalpers for the game? Why would you say I shouldn't have a problem paying a scalper?

Has CAG now become primarily a scalper mentality site? I came to this site years ago under the impression we were all here to help one another get great deals on games and help each other out any way we can with trades or selling things reasonably to one another. I met people here who sold me Gen 1 amiibos at retail price when Toon Link and Megaman were going for $30-50+.

I guess I was wrong in thinking we were a community of gamers looking out for one another. Lame.

Had a blast reading the last couple of pages. All those tears for a shitty ass game. Let's be real, most people wanted that game to resell it in the future.

Got in on my very first LRG order today by getting the CE today.  I failed this morning on my cell phone even though I checked out at 10:00 but i was able to get it this evening.  Pretty excited to check this out to fulfill my Sega Cd nostalgia!

Regardless, it doesn't make it any less of a scumbag thing to do. Scalp them all you want, obviously I can't change that. I guess my moral standards and my expectation that mankind is a generally helpful and courteous species is wrong and we are all just surrounded by people out to make a quick buck.

If buying games and selling them for 3x the price is your thing that gets you off, then you do you. As for me, I'd rather help my fellow CAGs get stuff rather than fill my own pockets, but again, that's just me.

If you got a copy just for scalping, then I can't say anything but congrats to you for getting one if you did it without any exploitation, however what you do with it after, if that thing is to hold it for ransom for 3x the price, then again, that makes you a scumbag.

But I know battling an internet warrior is useless so I won't waste more time on the subject. I use CAG to find great deals and help others get what they need. If I had 2 copies i'd sell it at retail + shipping for someone who I knew wanted it to actually keep, but again, that's just me.
I have been flipping, reselling, scalping, whatever you want to call it for years. Years. And never once has a single customer ever been angry or upset or called me a scumbag, quite the contrary: many of them have been VERY grateful and appreciative of me getting them a brand new copy of whatever.

See, people don't want to admit this, but there's a LARGE percentage of people out there who actually went to college and made something of themselves (without the assistance of a life coach) to the point where they got a real job that pays them real money to the point where paying 3X retail is ABSOLUTELY WORTH not having to go to a B&M store to be inundated with unwashed neckbeards coughing on them, or having to be chained to their laptops at exactly 8am to buy some stupid game. Real people with real jobs will glady pay for the conveineinance (yeah, no clue how to spell) of getting a desired item with no hassle whatsoever. I am not a scumbag, and I like to help people just like you do.

I have been flipping, reselling, scalping, whatever you want to call it for years. Years. And never once has a single customer ever been angry or upset or called me a scumbag, quite the contrary: many of them have been VERY grateful and appreciative of me getting them a brand new copy of whatever.

See, people don't want to admit this, but there's a LARGE percentage of people out there who actually went to college and made something of themselves (without the assistance of a life coach) to the point where they got a real job that pays them real money to the point where paying 3X retail is ABSOLUTELY WORTH not having to go to a B&M store to be inundated with unwashed neckbeards coughing on them, or having to be chained to their laptops at exactly 8am to buy some stupid game. Real people with real jobs will glady pay for the conveineinance (yeah, no clue how to spell) of getting a desired item with no hassle whatsoever. I am not a scumbag, and I like to help people just like you do.
Nah, you're a scumbag. Justify it however you want, you're still a scumbag like all scalpers.

Well my 3,550+ video game collection would like a new friend for starters.

Night Trap was one of those games that had meaning in my life as a kid. I remember getting a Sega CD just for this game and played it a lot. I just wanted a physical copy of this remastered edition for my PS4 to add it to my collection as I am not a fan of digital. I didn't get this many games buy filling the pockets of scalpers.

I find it more odd that my fellow CAGs here have no problems with paying the scalpers for the game? Why would you say I shouldn't have a problem paying a scalper?

Has CAG now become primarily a scalper mentality site? I came to this site years ago under the impression we were all here to help one another get great deals on games and help each other out any way we can with trades or selling things reasonably to one another. I met people here who sold me Gen 1 amiibos at retail price when Toon Link and Megaman were going for $30-50+.

I guess I was wrong in thinking we were a community of gamers looking out for one another. Lame.
You have a few options.

A) Continue whining.

B) Buy a digital copy.

C) Buy a physical copy at a scalped price.

D) Trade one of those 3,550 games in your collection for a physical copy of the game.

I can tell you right off the bat that whining will do absolutely nothing. I'd be happy to trade you my SE copy for something in your collection. In such a situation, how would you value what is coming from your end? MSRP, or current Ebay scalper scumbag resale value?

People do realize that every business in the world technically "scalps" too, right? How do you think retailers make money off of the products that they purchase. Do you think Amazon buys games for $60 and then sell them for $60? They wouldn't make any money.

It's called business.

I can understand being frustrated missing out on a game, but taking it out on scalpers is so juvenile and childish.

Every single business under the sun does it to a capacity. Every single one. Otherwise there would be no business if they didn't.

It's all relative. To me, immoral is buying the rights to a life saving medication and jacking up the price, gouging people on gas and lodging during a natural disaster, etc. Depriving gamers of the coolest collectible toy wouldn't come close to qualifying.

Sad. Had the CE in my cart but it sold out while in queue, and by the time I got the regular edition in cart that was gone too.

63 of them are already on ebay...
I hate resellers and douchebay as much as the next collector, they are nothing but hell for collectors.

But 63 is 0.70% of 8000.

Really disappointed I missed out on Night Trap. Forgot about the morning batch but was there for the evening.

Added the CE and The Bunker to cart, CE went out of stock, tried to add regular edition, it went out of stock.

Still ordered The Bunker as I'm excited to try that as well but will miss not having that Night Trap. First one I've missed in since the first 3 releases.

People are worried about North Korea's nukes, this is what'll happen if csbaker misses a LRG release:

5146919-2391506456-sylar.gif
I sorta stopped stressing it. Every single release I'm checked out, verifying my order, going back and refreshing and seeing 90-100% still even on these past hyped releases.

I sorta stopped stressing it. Every single release I'm checked out, verifying my order, going back and refreshing and seeing 90-100% still even on these past hyped releases.
The percentages don't adjust in real time. There have been times where I got a game and after I checked out it said 90% and then I saw on here a second later it's sold out.

The douchebaggery sure has stepped up in here tonight. Digging.
Why people let a troll get to them is beyond me. ;-) Honestly guys if you missed out wait a while until half these hit ebay. You might be shocked how much in price they fall when 60 ebay listings go to 600.

This ignores that scalpers are the primary reason for the lack of supply as they (you) are busy diverting a large portion of the supply from the primary market to the secondary market. Speaking as part of the large percentage who made something out of themselves and COULD afford 3x the price, I, and most other collectors I know, will not pay neckbearded scumbags who eat-up the supply and try to make a quick buck with no real work. I'd think most of us would rather forego a game (or mini-console) rather than reward the people who made it difficult to start. That said, toss a couple alerts on your cell, and usually easy enough to get even these rare things.

You have a few options.

A) Continue whining.
B) Buy a digital copy.
D) Trade one of those 3,550 games in your collection for a physical copy of the game.

I can tell you right off the bat that whining will do absolutely nothing. I'd be happy to trade you my SE copy for something in your collection. In such a situation, how would you value what is coming from your end? MSRP, or current Ebay scalper scumbag resale value?
Nice...

Yep, no one gives a damn about games two decades after they release. You're totally right.
Most folks aren't concerned whether the system that their download title is on will still be alive after 20 years. I mean, take the hard drive out and put it in another system? Your paranoia over digital licenses is absurd.

The percentages don't adjust in real time. There have been times where I got a game and after I checked out it said 90% and then I saw on here a second later it's sold out.
I check out, verify my order for errors, go back to the product pages that show where I added it to cart. Hit refresh and it will say 100% like 5 times then finally 98.... 98..........96.....90......85....75....65...50 30 15 0. etc

This ignores that scalpers are the primary reason for the lack of supply as they (you) are busy diverting a large portion of the supply from the primary market to the secondary market. Speaking as part of the large percentage who made something out of themselves and COULD afford 3x the price, I, and most other collectors I know, will not pay neckbearded scumbags who eat-up the supply and try to make a quick buck with no real work. I'd think most of us would rather forego a game (or mini-console) rather than reward the people who made it difficult to start. That said, toss a couple alerts on your cell, and usually easy enough to get even these rare things.
I truly believe the primary market of this kind of stuff are people who are NOT hardcore collectors or gamers, just people HUGE into nostalgia because they saw a Facebook post about something coming out they liked as a kid. The NES Classic was the best example of that, I sold those things to people who didn't even know PlayStations and Xboxes are a thing. So I still get the product to the primary market in my opinion.

You have a few options.

A) Continue whining.
B) Buy a digital copy.

I do a straight up trade. If I had something someone wanted, for something I wanted that they had, swap. Thats it. Because its 2 people who want an actual game and arent trying to make a profit of someone elses misfortune.

The scalpers set your market prices for these things. No matter if you believe this or not, they're helping you. A collector is nothing but a patient scalper usually looking to flip something after it has accrued value.

The ones who are buying it and are thanking you are the ones who didnt try to buy it in the first place. If someone is thanking you for selling them something that you paid 1/3 of the price for, then theyre morons and are ised to being screwed over.

The game cost $54.99, ok, if you buy it to sell to someone for 3x the price, you buy might be a scumbag. Buying a game and flipping itis NOT a job. Again, its the PRINCIPLE of it. I can afford 3x the price, no problem at all. Its not the price hurting my wallet or any of that nonsense, it's the mere fact that LRG wanted to sell their game for $55. They want peoe to get ir and keep it and play it. And Sure they do this to make money, but you don't see them selling it for $180 on their site? This tells you that thwyre respectable human beings glad with small profit than ridiculously insane profit. It definitely didn't cost them $55 per game, so the fact people sell them for 3x is insanely rude.

Anyone who thinks scalping is at all a good thing, youre kidding yourself. There's a reason scalping concert tickets is still technically illegal, part of it is because its douchey for sure.

The scalpers set your market prices for these things. No matter if you believe this or not, they're helping you. A collector is nothing but a patient scalper usually looking to flip something after it has accrued value.
Seriously. I feel 0 sympathy for folks who hoard games, value them at current resale values, but talk down on scalpers and resellers. They are all one and the same.

Why is everyone so angry? The Bunker is still at 34%! GO GO GO!!!!!!!
Because half the pissed off folks aren't mad about buying it to keep (or they are just mad because what was niche and easy has become an fing mess). Their mad because someone with a bot pulled the rug from out under them to scalp.;-) Why as I've said before if you really want a Night Trap they will come down in price when all the neckbeards go to sell.

Got in on my very first LRG order today by getting the CE today. I failed this morning on my cell phone even though I checked out at 10:00 but i was able to get it this evening. Pretty excited to check this out to fulfill my Sega Cd nostalgia!
I have wanted to play it since seeing it in EGM back in the day. I never had a sega cd and have been tempted many times to buy one just for NT and a few other crappy games(sewer shark). This will let me have some fun and realize the dream is always better than the reality so after I play it the game will sit on my shelf. It will fill some void I feel was missed in my childhood or so my shrink would lead me to believe.

LRG should figure out a way to "print to order". Offer pre orders with some type of customization printed to reward actual customers and cut down on flippers. Maybe your LRG account name is printed on the cover. I'd pay extra for NT with my name on the corner of the cover or something but I doubt ebay would be to thrilled about "iwannadie NightTrap edition".

The ones who are buying it and are thanking you are the ones who didnt try to buy it in the first place. If someone is thanking you for selling them something that you paid 1/3 of the price for, then theyre morons and are ised to being screwed over.

The game cost $54.99, ok, if you buy it to sell to someone for 3x the price, you buy might be a scumbag. Buying a game and flipping itis NOT a job. Again, its the PRINCIPLE of it. I can afford 3x the price, no problem at all. Its not the price hurting my wallet or any of that nonsense, it's the mere fact that LRG wanted to sell their game for $55. They want peoe to get ir and keep it and play it. And Sure they do this to make money, but you don't see them selling it for $180 on their site? This tells you that thwyre respectable human beings glad with small profit than ridiculously insane profit. It definitely didn't cost them $55 per game, so the fact people sell them for 3x is insanely rude.

Anyone who thinks scalping is at all a good thing, youre kidding yourself. There's a reason scalping concert tickets is still technically illegal, part of it is because its douchey for sure.
Rudeness is a part of life in today's society, if that's your issue with all of this I THINK I can survive.

I do a straight up trade. If I had something someone wanted, for something I wanted that they had, swap. Thats it. Because its 2 people who want an actual game and arent trying to make a profit of someone elses misfortune.
Why don't you offer a straight up trade for a copy of Night Trap, then?

bread's done
Back