Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I didn't bother ordering it because I already have a copy of it for Vita (first one) and I figured it would probably be reprinted in another region. I like the SRG set but I didn't want to drop $40 + shipping.

New patch incoming for Panzer Dragoon Remake. LRG just keeps saying they're printing the carts in mid-May with the most recent version, so if the patch isn't ready by then there's a chance that we could miss out on yet another update that significantly improves a game. I'm already waiting for Best Buy's version of this one since it was launched in a pretty shaky state and LRG insisted on opening their preorders as early as possible. Please y'all, stop rushing out these games! I really want Panzer Dragoon, but there's no point in buying a physical copy of a shooter with broken aiming controls.

Anyway, the thread below lays out some of the upcoming fixes.

https://twitter.com/PanzDragWorld/status/1253338278113054722?s=20

When I get my copy of panzer dragoon from lrg.. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to download any patches that release.. it just might be on my memory card & not the cartridge is all. So that's not gonna stop me from buying the game that isn't broken in the first place

When I get my copy of panzer dragoon from lrg.. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to download any patches that release.. it just might be on my memory card & not the cartridge is all. So that's not gonna stop me from buying the game that isn't broken in the first place
I mean you're not wrong, it just seems like you're missing the point here. Those patches won't be available forever. Eventually the game will get delisted or the eShop itself will get shut down. Without access to them, we'll be left with a cart that has a crappy version of a game that could have been good if they'd just waited to manufacture it. Now, LRG and Sega have no reason to care about this. They don't need to worry about making a quality product, all they need to worry about is making money. It's our job to worry about getting a quality product, especially when they're charging us a premium for it.

I know that not everyone cares about this, but I wish more people would. Physical media is already on the way out, and half-assing it is only going to accelerate the process. These small print companies are in a much better position to listen to their customers than the huge AAA studios, but if we don't demand better stuff then we'll never get better stuff. Right now, Panzer Dragoon is kind of a mess. There's a full second of input lag for some actions, the lock-on doesn't work properly, the dragon is huge and bobs around so much that you can't always control when you get hit, the options are only accessible from the main menu, there are crazy loading times, performance dips, etc. Check it out on YouTube if you want to see for yourself. The good news is the team behind it has been working to fix it up, and apparently they've been doing a great job. I don't think it's too much to ask that they get to finish making their game before we're asked to shell out $40 for it.

So that's my opinion on that lol. Rant over.

PM Studios online store is back and they made a new sale featuring new reprints, overall deals and restock on rare out-of-print titles from Limited Run Games.

https://twitter.com/PMStudiosUSA/status/1253401043414781959

Also all orders over $49.99 will get Cytus Alpha Limited Edition Original Soundtrack CD for free with the Coupon "FREEGIFT".

Kinda sick move they did now.

https://www.pm-studios.com/store

Edit: Price list.

Reprints/Pre-Orders: 

Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - $29.99
Ministry of Broadcast (Steelbook Edition) (Switch) - $39.99 

Deals:

Deemo (Switch) $39.99 - $19.99
Opus Collection (Switch) $39.99 - 19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo (First Print - PS4) $29.99 - $14.99
Hover (Switch) - $29.99 - $24.99
WILL: A Wonderful World Limited Edition (Plush, 120 page Artbook, etc) : $79.99 $69.99
WILL: A Wonderful World - Artbook: $29.99 - $24.99
Limited Run Games products:
Mercenaries Series Double Pack (PAX Exclusive): $69.99
Mercenaries Wings Limited Edition (PS4 - LRG) : $59.99
Mercenaries Wings Limited Edition (Switch - LRG): $59.99
Musynx First Print (Vita - LRG): $29.99
Deemo: The Last Recital (Vita - LRG): $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean you're not wrong, it just seems like you're missing the point here. Those patches won't be available forever. Eventually the game will get delisted or the eShop itself will get shut down. Without access to them, we'll be left with a cart that has a crappy version of a game that could have been good if they'd just waited to manufacture it. Now, LRG and Sega have no reason to care about this. They don't need to worry about making a quality product, all they need to worry about is making money. It's our job to worry about getting a quality product, especially when they're charging us a premium for it.

I know that not everyone cares about this, but I wish more people would. Physical media is already on the way out, and half-assing it is only going to accelerate the process. These small print companies are in a much better position to listen to their customers than the huge AAA studios, but if we don't demand better stuff then we'll never get better stuff. Right now, Panzer Dragoon is kind of a mess. There's a full second of input lag for some actions, the lock-on doesn't work properly, the dragon is huge and bobs around so much that you can't always control when you get hit, the options are only accessible from the main menu, there are crazy loading times, performance dips, etc. Check it out on YouTube if you want to see for yourself. The good news is the team behind it has been working to fix it up, and apparently they've been doing a great job. I don't think it's too much to ask that they get to finish making their game before we're asked to shell out $40 for it.

So that's my opinion on that lol. Rant over.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I haven't ordered a game from LRG since Shantae, and I was actually about to break my no-buy streak for Panzer Dragoon. If the game is currently in this state, I'll just wait for the inevitable Best Buy release (which will probably be cheaper anyway).

Yea but people threw tantrums about delays, because inevitably to make sure it is fully up-to-date you may have to wait years...
That's true, but LRG doesn't have to sell games while they're still in active development either. They knew Celeste and Skullgirls and Pixeljunk Monsters and whatever else weren't finished yet and sold them anyway.

New patch incoming for Panzer Dragoon Remake. LRG just keeps saying they're printing the carts in mid-May with the most recent version, so if the patch isn't ready by then there's a chance that we could miss out on yet another update that significantly improves a game. I'm already waiting for Best Buy's version of this one since it was launched in a pretty shaky state and LRG insisted on opening their preorders as early as possible. Please y'all, stop rushing out these games! I really want Panzer Dragoon, but there's no point in buying a physical copy of a shooter with broken aiming controls.

Anyway, the thread below lays out some of the upcoming fixes.

https://twitter.com/PanzDragWorld/status/1253338278113054722?s=20
I didn't really know about the game too much. I knew the score was low but assumed it was because it was mostly a graphical update with old mechanics (which I was ok with) but some of those improvements seem like they should have been there day one. This just sounds like a bad remake. I'm gonna pass on LRG's release. I don't really like the idea of gambling on the physical copy may or may not have the update.

Right but one of the entire ideas behind buying expensive physical copies is not relying on downloads.

I didn't really know about the game too much. I knew the score was low but assumed it was because it was mostly a graphical update with old mechanics (which I was ok with) but some of those improvements seem like they should have been there day one. This just sounds like a bad remake. I'm gonna pass on LRG's release. I don't really like the idea of gambling on the physical copy may or may not have the update.
I could be wrong but I thought one of LRG's MOs from the start was that the physical games being produced would have all available patches in place for the sake of preserving games against digital going away

In other news, Strictly Limited is releasing Coffee Talk on PS4 and Switch

CFT-CoffeeTalk_MockUp_3D_PS4_1024x1024.png

Somewhat random question. But do the trading cards/postcards that come with the games have any collectible value? I was cleaning out my office and discovered a dozen or so cards of games I had previously sold. Mostly early on PS4 titles(Firewatch, Oxenfree etc)

The annoying thing for me is that it actually looks like it'd be good if it weren't for all the weird problems. That's why I've been keeping up with it for the past month. If they patch it up and it plays well I'll happily pony up for it.

I could be wrong but I thought one of LRG's MOs from the start was that the physical games being produced would have all available patches in place for the sake of preserving games against digital going away

In other news, Strictly Limited is releasing Coffee Talk on PS4 and Switch

CFT-CoffeeTalk_MockUp_3D_PS4_1024x1024.png
Just curious, but how did you find out about this? There was nothing on their twitter & I haven't been e-mailed about it from them yet either.

There's also an Asian-English version of Coffee Talk on Play-Asia for the Switch and PS4. I considered picking it up but I'm not entirely sold on paying the physical/import premium from what I've seen of the game.

Somewhat random question. But do the trading cards/postcards that come with the games have any collectible value? I was cleaning out my office and discovered a dozen or so cards of games I had previously sold. Mostly early on PS4 titles(Firewatch, Oxenfree etc)
To an extent the trading cards do, not so much the postcards. I sold a few big lots of them (30+) for $100+. Some individual cards are worth more, but if you try to piece them out individually you'll eat a lot in shipping, fees, etc. and be stuck with some.

That patch is why Bubble Bobble 4 Friends got delayed. Once they had the patch to incorporate into the cart... Taito announced DLC of more levels. Which... yeah. This blows.

Right but one of the entire ideas behind buying expensive physical copies is not relying on downloads.
I suspect this is an age gap thing. Some of us are old enough to remember when games were complete when you bought them (and tested, qc'd etc.). Those who grew up with last and current gen have always had to download and patch games. I would much rather get a game a year after release with patches and complete on disc/cart. This is my biggest gripe about LRG changes, because that was a "founding principle" to preserve complete games so you did not have to depend on digital patches.

I suspect this is an age gap thing. Some of us are old enough to remember when games were complete when you bought them (and tested, qc'd etc.). Those who grew up with last and current gen have always had to download and patch games. I would much rather get a game a year after release with patches and complete on disc/cart. This is my biggest gripe about LRG changes, because that was a "founding principle" to preserve complete games so you did not have to depend on digital patches.
Totally agree with you. It doesn't make sense to spend a ton of money on a physical copy with major bugs. As someone else said, online services will go away eventually and you are stuck with a broken game. One potential solution, which won't be for everyone, is to mod your system and backup your games and patches to your PC. I don't think it's even possible on all systems but it may be an option in some cases.

I mean, look at Night Trap vita, not gonna be reproduced and the physical cart can't be fully completed without patches that came later

Hmm, so the Genesis controllers have a end of sale date but the Saturn controllers don't. Then I notice an end of days tag on the Saturn ones so is it the last day?

I dunno guys. Do you really think in your lifetime Nintendo will go under or will stop supporting the Switch store? I've been playing a lot of 10+ years old PS3/360 games lately that patch and play just fine.

I dunno guys. Do you really think in your lifetime Nintendo will go under or will stop supporting the Switch store? I've been playing a lot of 10+ years old PS3/360 games lately that patch and play just fine.
Yeah, they are set up to allow you to play those games so long as they are on their networks. The Wii's online service has ended, as did the DS, so why would they not end the NS service at some point?

Unlike PSN or LIVE, "N" doesn't want to allow gamers to play games across generations, as then they can't charge you over and over for the same games again and again. So until they set something up with long term play in mind(not gonna happen), then all their services will end just like past systems have shown. And if the service doesn't end, eventually the system will, and so will the online that goes with it, at least that's what history has shown.

Yeah, they are set up to allow you to play those games so long as they are on their networks. The Wii's online service has ended, as did the DS, so why would they not end the NS service at some point?

Unlike PSN or LIVE, "N" doesn't want to allow gamers to play games across generations, as then they can't charge you over and over for the same games again and again. So until they set something up with long term play in mind(not gonna happen), then all their services will end just like past systems have shown. And if the service doesn't end, eventually the system will, and so will the online that goes with it, at least that's what history has shown.
I got a used “new 3ds” system a while ago and it forced me to connect to the internet to factory reset it. When I wasn’t online it wouldn’t factory reset. Maybe there is a way around that but goes to show how easily they can lock you out.

You are confused about PSN. Think of all the PS3 digital games and how none of them aren't playable on PS4 unless the dev uploaded a separate version and then offered it for free to past purchasers. Instead you've got to rebuy the previously HD game made more HD for the PS4. This SHOULD change with PS5... but it's been a pretty sucky situation on the console side of things before now with Sony.

Ok, so you might be thinking more PSX, PSP games & PSP Minis being BC on the Vita. But of course the vita is dead (long live the vita) and they limit which games are compatible with the PSTV because, again, they want you to buy the PS3/PS4 version instead of being able to switch play styles. So not exactly that generous. Plus there are a few games that aren't compatible for whatever reason.

Nintendo definitely sucks at this too but it's easy to forget that Wii digital purchases could be carried forward to WiiU. Physical GC games could be played in all Wii's except the last revision. WiiU's could play Wii physical games. DSi Ware could (for the most part) be transferred to the 3DS and of course physical DS games could be played in DSi, 3DS, and New 3DS. Sure it's not exceptional support, but it's more than nothing... and more physical BC than Sony has offered since the first version of the PS3 which scrapped physical BC in it's revisions.

The only ones that seem to be pretty generous are Microsoft. It's not my platform of preference, but I can give a thumbs up for adding BC after the fact because of how they got beat on the market this gen. It's not complete BC and they did nuke their entire original Xbox Live Arcade service and replace it. So, not exactly perfect... but better than the rest... at least till the PS5 (possibly)... and maybe the Switch 2.

Let's not forget as well Sony nuking their phone store and those games not being available on Vita anymore. Hopefully Sony continues to keep legacy systems on PSN.

No doubt the Switch eshop will one day go down. We aren't anywhere near there. But Historically, Nintendo has a track record of letting replacement systems get games from the past generation. No not WiiU to Switch or 3DS to Switch, but those were very different systems. What will be interesting is what the Switch 2 will end up being. Seems like going forward Nintendo will be pushing a hybrid system. If it's similar in design it could run everything the switch does and provide true BC. Sort of like DSi to 3DS was actually pretty good with moving digital games... and now that digital games aren't locked to a system... it seems more likely we'll get some native digital BC.

For those intersted,

Bi5USEt.png

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/

They have stock of both Moero Chronicles Hyper and Fairy Fencer F for Switch, and it's free shipping on orders of $57.99 and above, which this qualifies, so you can get both from them instead of LRG if still interested, with 20% discount and free shipping.

Even if you just want one, their single shipping cost is cheaper than LRG, but with the 20% off, no brainer.

I don't think Nintendo will go under, but I'm convinced they'll stop supporting the Switch. Support for the 360 and the PS3 will end too, possibly in the not-so-distant future after the PS5/XBSX establish themselves. I'm much more hopeful that the hacking community will come up with a solution for us. In my fantasy, there's an open online database of up-to-date patch downloads for legacy systems so we can actually play the useless discs/carts we'll all have. (Nobody asked but my fantasy also includes a 3DS that upscales games and has decent screens. I'm a simple man.) Either that or we'll be able to download complete versions of games with crappy discs/carts, but I don't imagine the platform holders being to thrilled about that. Until then, the only (legal) way to get around the end of official support for these games is to own a complete, physical copy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Nintendo killed off the Wii VC a few years back and as far as I know, that's the only digital marketplace of the big 3 that's been killed. Sony killed the PSP store but you can still re-download your games from what I know. With the Wii, if your system dies, those games you paid for are gone (assuming you downloaded them before they shut down the store).

Also pretty sure this happened while the NS was selling like gangbusters.

So last minutes.. should I buy panzer? Is lrg gonna delay it until the update is on cartridge then ship it out to us? Is this game fun anyways.. streets of rage 4 over panzer.? Or get both and don't look back?

So last minutes.. should I buy panzer? Is lrg gonna delay it until the update is on cartridge then ship it out to us? Is this game fun anyways.. streets of rage 4 over panzer.? Or get both and don't look back?
Wait for Best Buy for Panzer Dragoon and order SoR4 next week.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Nintendo killed off the Wii VC a few years back and as far as I know, that's the only digital marketplace of the big 3 that's been killed. Sony killed the PSP store but you can still re-download your games from what I know. With the Wii, if your system dies, those games you paid for are gone (assuming you downloaded them before they shut down the store).

You can still redownload wii games as long as it is the same exact system you purchased them on (as there are no accounts to track purchases). No way to buy new content though.

I'm getting all my download only games for XB1 as they seem to be the only ones who care about BC at this point.

You can still download Wii purchases, they stated by nixing new currency additions, then it switched to no new purchases. Re-downloading is still an option though.

There’s very little that’s completely gone, I believe the couple of original Xbox arcade download titles can’t be downloaded (along with the couple pieces of DLC, Halo 2 maps primarily). The PlayStation minis games for PSP (mostly mobile phone ports) are gone for good with no option to download. Also, the Xbox one exercise service ended with no reimbursement or option to continue accessing modules you may have purchased. And most recently PT (which was a free demo technically) has been scrubbed no option to re-download.

shit really? is the north american bubble bobble prepatched though?
It has the patch, it does NOT have the DLC as that hasn't been released yet, but we WILL get the DLC for free. And they're discussing some kind of plan going forward.

Edit: It just got another patch. Wheeeee

Ordered Panzer.. trying not to get sor4 but I loved double dragon type stuffs wayback.. but probably gonna just stay with the other classic for now. The star wars double pack will be tomorrow purchase for sure. Or at least the day or two before preorders end

Saw a note that Effie PS4 gets a LRG release next Friday.

Watching reviews, this looks just like a Disney Infinity pack.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, as I enjoyed DI.

bread's done
Back