Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday i finally found Mass Effect Legendary for $5 after months of seeing it at full price, it had no clearance stickers but i asked the clerck to scan it and it showed $5, noting else i saw was interesting to me.

I got that Naruto fighting game for PS4 $5 and Ring Fit Adventure for $30. They had copies of Diablo IV for $20 and that other fitness game for $5, but I decided not to buy things that I probably won't actually play (love the Diablo franchise, but too much of a time sink) and that fitness game seems jank compared to Ring Fit. They had Armored Core but it rang up $45, unfortunately. I was mostly after Star Ocean, but no luck finding that.

was in a store today that still had diablo 4 in stock for $20 on ps5 and ps4 and madden 24 and aew wrestling for $10 for xbox. this place is usually picked over by resellers so physical games must really be going the way of the dodo.

I went back to a Walmart that I’ve been to several times in the past two weeks trying to find games at and nothing was marked down but they had the best stock. Last Tuesday I got the Miraculous Ladybug game on Xbox for curbside pickup but when I went aside there wasn’t anything else marked down.

I stopped by again Thursday morning and found a lady doing the markdowns. She mentioned they were a few weeks behind on them. Nearly every game on here that’s been mentioned was here. I got Star Ocean on PS5 and Switch, NFS on PS5, Plants vs Zombies, Nier, and No Man’s Sky on the Switch, These games rang up full price every other time I was thers.

I saw Armored Core, Fire Emblem, Naruto, Super Monkey Ball, and a few other games that I had found at another location. Saw Ring Fit but it was full price.

was in a store today that still had diablo 4 in stock for $20 on ps5 and ps4 and madden 24 and aew wrestling for $10 for xbox. this place is usually picked over by resellers so physical games must really be going the way of the dodo.

Well sports titles generally depreciate quickly and typically become devalued. It's also not unusual for demand of them to fall notably short of the amount manufactured. As far as Diablo IV goes I can't speak to it, though I seem to recall it being somewhat of a disappointment and not all that well-received.

bread's done
Back