What game have you poured the most $$$ into? (Gamer confessions)

Rock Band 3. Probably between $150 and $180. That game is why I started using Bing Rewards. Every three weeks I would get some new songs.

NieR Automata , tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines. About $60, maybe have a discount now,but I think it's really worth buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U. Got both versions, all DLC characters, and a few stages. Add the GameCube adapter and additional Gamecube controllers that only work with this game if you play on Wii U.

I belong to a true gamer family, having a collection of video game consoles passed on generations. I most probably buy 3 games per year and could spend around $200 on it. I mostly browse over Internet sites like Best Buy, Press-start, Gamestop, Greenmangaming, etc. to buy a new gaming console or to play online via the Xbox subscription for 12 months. And the most classic and retro game I like is the Super Mario Bros.

psp_gaming_console_sets.jpg

3_Ds_gaming_console_collection.jpg

This is good.  There really isn't one game I spent a lot of money on.  There are games I wish I did not spend $60 on like Sega's The Incredible Hulk.  

I belong to a true gamer family, having a collection of video game consoles passed on generations. I most probably buy 3 games per year and could spend around $200 on it. I mostly browse over Internet sites like Best Buy, Press-start, Gamestop, Greenmangaming, etc. to buy a new gaming console or to play online via the Xbox subscription for 12 months. And the most classic and retro game I like is the Super Mario Bros.

psp_gaming_console_sets.jpg

3_Ds_gaming_console_collection.jpg
Wrong thread. Cool collection, though.

Probably Fire Emblem. 

I get all the DLC. And I always secure a LE when avaiable. 

I lost my copy of PoR, but that was when it was $30 so I bought another. Also lost my copy of FE: Awakening. I've bought Awakening three times so far; once on release, once after I lost that copy and once more as a gift for a niece. 

I’d say Halo 3 tops. I was buying map packs along with the title at full price on initial release.

Close second would be Probably Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. I spent $80 on ps2 version that was in stock at a gamestop. I drove at night to grab the last copy.

Not 100% sure, as I don't really go crazy on DLC unless it's cheap, and if I want it bad, I'll get the season pass. I do have a bad habit of rebuying games over and over and over, even if the HD remasters or newer ports aren't as good. I've bought FF7 about 4 times, KH 3 times, etc.... I did buy some skins in League of Legends a while back, but they were always on sale, and likely added to about $25-30 in all.

Not 100% sure, as I don't really go crazy on DLC unless it's cheap, and if I want it bad, I'll get the season pass. I do have a bad habit of rebuying games over and over and over, even if the HD remasters or newer ports aren't as good. I've bought FF7 about 4 times, KH 3 times, etc.... I did buy some skins in League of Legends a while back, but they were always on sale, and likely added to about $25-30 in all.
I’m always leer of getting caught up with re-buying titles. I will usually repurchase a title only if I’m replacing the old version with the complete edition. I’ve done that with Dark souls 3 and Witcher 3 most recently

Final Fantasy XI... Played it since beta... I went through an Evercrack phase when it was about 3 months into the live game. Yeah it was bad...

Everquest between the monthly subscription (it's F2P now but wasn't then) and the various expansions at $30 a pop.  At least $240 worth of expansions during the period I played plus probably around $1,500 in sub fees over 8-odd years.  Plus a server change or two -- you're looking at north of two grand, at least.

Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably WoW ... been playing on and off since launch. I'd say a solid 4 years of subs would be about right. Combine that with the expansions and a name change or two...looking around 1k easy.

Other than that Rock Band (bought an unholy amount of songs for RB2 / RB3) plus all the gear. Maybe $500?

Then I'd say it would have to be Overwatch (I ended up buying it twice on PC and once on X1 and PS4 ... plus 10-20 loot boxes every event.

I bought a 360 just to play Destiny with people that hadn’t upgraded to the Xbox One yet. That was the peak of my Destiny addiction. Thankfully I quit playing about a year ago and never looked back. I really enjoyed my time with the game (and Destiny 2) but eventually it got a little too much to follow and too much to keep up with.

The reboot of Modern Warfare really got me hooked pretty bad. I was waiting for years for a return to the Modern Era, so when it finally came I bought waaay too many skins for that game. But mostly because they looked really nice. Now I think buying MTX is overrated and kind of weird, because all you had to do was pull out your wallet. I ended up feeling so foolish for wearing paid for only cosmetics because it's not something you earned (I guess). It's hard to explain it right now, but after buying a few MTX last year for MW2 I decided to not only ditch microtransactions altogether, but I bet I'll be avoiding CoD for the foreseeable future.

TL;DR: Microtransactions make me feel dumb and CoD gave me herpes.

Pinball FX 2/3. Purchased every non-real table once on the 360, and again on PS4. Always on sale, but with a goal of $1-2 per table, with 70+ tables x2.

BTW: I will NOT be spending a dime on the new "Pinball FX", requiring another repurchase for a weird-feeling upgrade of all the same tables.

If we're talking pure franchise then World of Warcraft because of expansions. Never paid into any gacha games (nor played them actually) and DLC purchases are a rarity outside of expansions. I'm what the gaming world considers a deadbeat customer whom they hate.

Definitely Marvel Puzzle Quest. Kind of worries me to think how much money I put into it. Over $400? But then again, it's also the most time I've ever put into a game too.

bread's done
Back