Who cares how the people vote. government says gay marry allowed

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
If they want to get married good for them but this is  totally bullshit and a slippy slope.  It no longer matters what the people in the united states votes for when the government can just step in and make their own laws 

You're absolutely right.  People at the state level are not allowed to vote for laws or state constitutional provisions that go against the protections in the US Constitution.  I'm glad you realize now how our tiered government system works.  You're also not allowed to pass a law or resolution banning Bibles or requiring spouses to testify in court against their partner or allowing the state national guard to camp in your guest room no matter how many people vote for it at the state level.

The good news for you is that we also have an easy way around that.  Since so many people are voting to prohibit same sex marriage, you just need to get them to amend the US Constitution and the problem will be solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game-of-Thrones.jpg

^ These two were able to get married before today.

You are missing a crucial part of the United States Constitution, which is THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. There's no excuse other than religion that would have prevented it in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no excuse other than religion that would have prevented it in the first place.
This.

Unless you're a marriage counselor and worried about the possibility of extra workload, I don't see the problem. As long as it's 2 consenting adults, I say Mazel Tov.

bread's done
Back