Wii random sighting at Walmart (not me)

halohand

CAG Veteran
So someone on SlickDeals said that they have seen them at Walmart. I went to one today(Irondal, AL) and they didn't have any but I did get the Wiimote and Nunchuck. I bought those. They had 3 more Wiimotes and a classic controller. I spoke with the guys in 'lectronics (this is the south) and he said to call every morning and afternoon.

I called around and none of the Walmarts I called had them or did have them today. So I suppose this is just a random sighting.

Thanks for posting this HaloHand. I saw that thread too and called a few walmarts (birmingham area)....the one on Highway 150 told me possibly Sunday. I think being a pest and calling every day sounds much better though

[quote name='Scorch']Wrong forum, and yeah, it's called "getting them back in stock". It'll happen from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but why is this the "wrong forum" and was your response really needed? Or are you just some internet tough guy who feels it necessary to police the forums?

People are looking for the Wii and looking for the remotes and nunchucks... I found the remote and nunchuck so I posted the amounts there and where I got them.

Should I post a new thread every time I see a Wii, Controller, or Nunchuck? Because ive seen one of the three at 10 different stores this weekend. Let me know if I should post a new thread for each.

[quote name='gizmogc']Should I post a new thread every time I see a Wii, Controller, or Nunchuck? Because ive seen one of the three at 10 different stores this weekend. Let me know if I should post a new thread for each.[/QUOTE]

Well, first off I don't care what you do. I'm not real sure why I'm being attacked for helping anyway, maybe this is some sort of hazing, I don't know. You know this forum is no better than any other. Just a bunch of tough guys talking big over the net...

I didn't see another post that it should go under so I created a new one. That is my right as a member of the forum. I thought people would appreciate the notice that I found them. I read in the Best Buy thread that people couldn't find them...

Damn, you guys are cold, HaloLand is just trying to contribute to the forum. No need for thsoe kind of responses, the Wii is rare to see in stock and he just thought he'd let people know to check out walmart because not many stores have them.

Thanks Haloland.

Don't listen the homo's. I'm glad you posted it since NOT EVERYONE HAS HAD A CHANCE for a Wii. I'll be looking around tonight for the first time since launch. I hope I find one.

I agree. Lay off him! I for one am searching for an extra nunchuck and am grateful that HaloHand posted what he found. I've never understood why people get so bent out of shape when there's a new thread introduced, and I've gotten blasted a few times for it too. Now, if I find a deal, I'm almost afraid to post it for fear of these message board bullies. So in essence, they are limiting the success of the CAG forums with their bad attitudes and cruel remarks. Thanks a bunch.

[quote name='gizmogc']Should I post a new thread every time I see a Wii, Controller, or Nunchuck? Because ive seen one of the three at 10 different stores this weekend. Let me know if I should post a new thread for each.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be appreciated.

I do understand that HaloHand was just helping out, but as Scorch mentioned, it's been a week since launch and retailers are slowly getting things back in stock.

A thread like this should've been in the regional forums, where it would be more helpful. How does it help a CAG'er in New York that a CAG'er spotted 5 Wiimotes in California? Regardless if they were spotted at the same retail store, all stores get in their replenishment at different times.

The Wii forums are too clunked up with too many threads about "How can I get a Wii?", "Best Buy is getting them Sunday", and "I found 2.45 Wiimotes at Walmart" threads. There are dedicated threads for console/controller finds and tons of other stuff. Take the time to look.

[quote name='lyric706']I agree. Lay off him! I for one am searching for an extra nunchuck and am grateful that HaloHand posted what he found. I've never understood why people get so bent out of shape when there's a new thread introduced, and I've gotten blasted a few times for it too. Now, if I find a deal, I'm almost afraid to post it for fear of these message board bullies. So in essence, they are limiting the success of the CAG forums with their bad attitudes and cruel remarks. Thanks a bunch.[/QUOTE]

It makes them feel..well I dunno to be honest.
I guess more like a "VETERAN" and 733T?

Whatever. Keep posting on CAG and contribute. Just make sure you check the front page of the forum you are posting on and see if you see a thread similiar to what you are posting.

Stuff like this is fine. Even though it may not turn into like a 20+ page discussionm it's still nice to potentially help out others.

[quote name='halohand']Well, first off I don't care what you do. I'm not real sure why I'm being attacked for helping anyway, maybe this is some sort of hazing, I don't know. You know this forum is no better than any other. Just a bunch of tough guys talking big over the net...

I didn't see another post that it should go under so I created a new one. That is my right as a member of the forum. I thought people would appreciate the notice that I found them. I read in the Best Buy thread that people couldn't find them...[/QUOTE]

Ugh, why bother.

[quote name='halohand']Just curious but why is this the "wrong forum" and was your response really needed? Or are you just some internet tough guy who feels it necessary to police the forums?

People are looking for the Wii and looking for the remotes and nunchucks... I found the remote and nunchuck so I posted the amounts there and where I got them.[/quote]

I'm a smartass.

As far as the wrong forum bit, it wasn't a deal, it was a sighting. And the stock and shipping between each individual Wal-Mart store is so different that it's not even worth posting about.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm a smartass.

As far as the wrong forum bit, it wasn't a deal, it was a sighting. And the stock and shipping between each individual Wal-Mart store is so different that it's not even worth posting about.[/QUOTE]

But they had 3 extra Wiimotes and a classic Controller! Its certainly post-worthy!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!

OK so from now this is what I will do -

I will send Gizmogc and Scorch a PM to confirm that it is post worthy or not. Man I've got a lot of ideas! Be on the lookout guys for the idea flood!

Seriously I don't care guys. I understand that your rep and all means a lot to you on the interweb, but it means absolutely nothing to me. I just want a Wii and I know others do as well. If threads like this and the Best Buy one aren't needed then why are there so many posts in them? Maybe they just aren't for you. You could just pass these thread up, but then you would lose the chance to be an internet tough guy.

I just thought I would help, next time I won't bother.

[quote name='halohand']OK so from now this is what I will do -

I will send Gizmogc and Scorch a PM to confirm that it is post worthy or not. Man I've got a lot of ideas! Be on the lookout guys for the idea flood!

Seriously I don't care guys. I understand that your rep and all means a lot to you on the interweb, but it means absolutely nothing to me. I just want a Wii and I know others do as well. If threads like this and the Best Buy one aren't needed then why are there so many posts in them? Maybe they just aren't for you. You could just pass these thread up, but then you would lose the chance to be an internet tough guy.

I just thought I would help, next time I won't bother.[/QUOTE]

There are already TONS of threads on Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target etc. We don't need a new thread everytime someone see's SOMETHING at their particular store. Post in an already started thread.

Just popping into the 'deals' forums shows 10 threads about Wii and PS3 'rumors'. They are NOT deals. Why are they there? Who the hell knows.

Again, there is no reason for myself to even post in these threads. I just get jumped on for attacking a 'newbie' who has been a member for 2 years. These are the same people who feel that EB/GS are ripping them off by not giving them $45 for there 6 month old game.

[quote name='gizmogc']There are already TONS of threads on Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target etc. We don't need a new thread everytime someone see's SOMETHING at their particular store. Post in an already started thread.

Just popping into the 'deals' forums shows 10 threads about Wii and PS3 'rumors'. They are NOT deals. Why are they there? Who the hell knows.

Again, there is no reason for myself to even post in these threads. I just get jumped on for attacking a 'newbie' who has been a member for 2 years. These are the same people who feel that EB/GS are ripping them off by not giving them $45 for there 6 month old game.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record: I've never expected EB to give me $45 for a game. :)

Frankly I wish there were more threads about how to find remotes and nunchucks, because I really need them and can't find them anywhere.

try walmart, I just picked up a nunchuck at the walmart near my house. I'm in Birmingham Alabama if its any consolation.

gizmojc, just don't read the thread then

Wallmart Rocks....

ok well i have ben calling around to a lott of places and i called about 10 wallmarts today most said they had none 1 said yes we have about 20 wii BUT if u are not in line u are not getting one......ok so i said to my self ill call 3 more and if they ant got none i give up..ok so i call 2 they say nope we ant got no WII's..so i call the last one which was 40miles away..and they say yes we have 20 some ok so i figgure well this is wayy to good to be true so i said is there any one in line waiting to get them they said nope noone.....i was so happy so ofcourese i find the ride 40miles away and make it there and they still had plenty of wii's so ended up getting 2 one for me and one for my bro...

ok now what you have all ben waiting for heres the stores info:

Wal-Mart Store #1863
34440 Vine Street
Eastlake, OH 44095
(440) 269-8827

[quote name='DJStreetz']Wallmart Rocks....

ok well i have ben calling around to a lott of places and i called about 10 wallmarts today most said they had none 1 said yes we have about 20 wii BUT if u are not in line u are not getting one......ok so i said to my self ill call 3 more and if they ant got none i give up..ok so i call 2 they say nope we ant got no WII's..so i call the last one which was 40miles away..and they say yes we have 20 some ok so i figgure well this is wayy to good to be true so i said is there any one in line waiting to get them they said nope noone.....i was so happy so ofcourese i find the ride 40miles away and make it there and they still had plenty of wii's so ended up getting 2 one for me and one for my bro...

ok now what you have all ben waiting for heres the stores info:

Wal-Mart Store #1863
34440 Vine Street
Eastlake, OH 44095
(440) 269-8827[/quote] Cool, hope you like it.

Also, did you grow up on the streetz? Just wondering.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Cool, hope you like it.

Also, did you grow up on the streetz? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

haha naw just a nick name i got given from a old site i used to own gamerstreetz

I personally think it's easier to find the latest info in multiple threads rather than shuffling through and reading every page and post of some other thread.

Unless of course there was a super thread that organized all the latest info neatly and had a constantly updated OP or a subsection(somehow) that could be edited by anybody in the second post ala Fat Wallet. Why don't those that complain take initiative and create a solution that can appease everyone.

[quote name='gizmogc']There are already TONS of threads on Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target etc. We don't need a new thread everytime someone see's SOMETHING at their particular store. Post in an already started thread.

Again, there is no reason for myself to even post in these threads. I just get jumped on for attacking a 'newbie' who has been a member for 2 years. These are the same people who feel that EB/GS are ripping them off by not giving them $45 for there 6 month old game.[/quote]

I would like a controller at MSRP so yea ... it's a big deal. Live with it.

And if you have no reason to post in these threads don't ... newbie

I am not attacking you, but maybe you need to step away from the message boards for a week or so. You are a really negative person on here and some time away will do you good.

This probably should have stayed in the deals forum, simply for the fact that there's already been 2 more threads about pretty much the same thing in the deals forum.

[quote name='Demontooth']I am not attacking you, but maybe you need to step away from the message boards for a week or so. You are a really negative person on here and some time away will do you good.[/QUOTE]

:roll:
But its OK for people to continue posting the SAME threads over and over and over again? We already have ANOTHER Wal-Mart thread in the deals forum saying 'some Wal-Marts got restocked'. No kidding, thats what places do, RESTOCK.

[quote name='gizmogc']:roll:
But its OK for people to continue posting the SAME threads over and over and over again? We already have ANOTHER Wal-Mart thread in the deals forum saying 'some Wal-Marts got restocked'. No kidding, thats what places do, RESTOCK.[/QUOTE]I think there's enough demand to be posting threads in the deals forum. If it's already been posted, then link to the original post. Once stock is common, the threads will die down on their own. Moving these threads to the Wii forum clog the Wii forum AND people in the deals forum can't tell it's already been posted (and yeah, I wish people would use the search function, too).

[quote name='gizmogc']:roll:
But its OK for people to continue posting the SAME threads over and over and over again? We already have ANOTHER Wal-Mart thread in the deals forum saying 'some Wal-Marts got restocked'. No kidding, thats what places do, RESTOCK.[/QUOTE]

You just prove my point. Are you a moderator? If not, let the moderator(s) handle it. Seriously, take a few days and don't log on, it will do you some good.

He is not a mod, just an internet tough guy.

One question though - Why haven't you policed the other 10 in there? Is it because you like me? LOL

[quote name='halohand']He is not a mod, just an internet tough guy.

One question though - Why haven't you policed the other 10 in there? Is it because you like me? LOL[/QUOTE]

You're post serves nothing. Its just a story how you found a nunchuck. Thats it. You even stated you called other Wal-Marts in the area and they did not have any instock. Whats the point? Should new threads get startedwhen games are released and some stores sell out? My EB/GS is sold out but a Target had a copy, YMMV.

Whatever. I'm done in this thread. Its just bickering with 15 year olds who lost too many karma points on GameFaqs.

[quote name='gizmogc']You're post serves nothing. Its just a story how you found a nunchuck. Thats it. You even stated you called other Wal-Marts in the area and they did not have any instock. Whats the point? Should new threads get startedwhen games are released and some stores sell out? My EB/GS is sold out but a Target had a copy, YMMV.

Whatever. I'm done in this thread. Its just bickering with 15 year olds who lost too many karma points on GameFaqs.[/QUOTE]

Dude: Read up on your grammar. I counted seven errors on my first read.

Actually if you read my post you would see that I found one nunchuk, but there were Wii remotes left and a classic. If you would read the forums instead of blindly attacking you would also see people are desperately looking for these. I called around and I couldn't find any Wiis.

Also I've read a few of your posts and I have yet to find purpose in any of them. Seriously man, maybe you should take some time off. There is no reason to get so mad, it's just an internet forum.

gizmogc,

why do you care? don't read the thread if you find it useless to you, other people find it useful.....like myself. I decided to head to walmart on my way home from work last night after reading the thread and picked up a wiimote and nunchuk. I found this thread very useful. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't

OK I just called and spoke with the Electronics ??manager?? at the Walmart in Roebuck, AL and she said that they expected to get more Wii in time for the 01/03/2006 Ad, so you might want to call around. Maybe someone else can get this confirmed? Hopefully we can all have a Wii this weekend.

[quote name='wll1142']gizmogc,

why do you care? don't read the thread if you find it useless to you, other people find it useful.....like myself. I decided to head to walmart on my way home from work last night after reading the thread and picked up a wiimote and nunchuk. I found this thread very useful. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! Sheesh.

[quote name='wll1142']gizmogc,
why do you care? don't read the thread if you find it useless to you, other people find it useful.....like myself. I[/QUOTE]

But what use is it to people in different regions? Though it could be same retailer, they all get their accessories restocked at different times.

Systems that are due in an Ad all come at the exact same time (for the most part) at all retailers. Accessories are a different story depending on where a certain retailer's distributor is located, makes a big difference on how fast they get in their restock of accessories and in essence what kind they get.

I FULLY SUPPORT Gizmogc. He was just stating that there are too many threads where people post that they found accessories at their Walmart in "Town X". Yes, it's useful to post sightings. Yes, people are looking for them and they are hot. But why not post in the REGIONAL deal forum, where it would be useful. For instance if I found 5 Wiimotes and 10 nunchuks at a Best Buy in San Francisco, why would I post it in the Wii forum? I would post it in the WEST REGIONAL DEAL FORUMS, where I know everyone from the West Coast would be checking and would be able to find it if they are in my area. It's useless for me to make posts everytime I find stuff in California if you live in Florida or New York.

Also the amount of accessories varies by region as well. A place such as San Francisco or New York may be really rough on trying to find accessories, while maybe some mom and pop shop in in some bum town might have a lot. There are too many variables.

Also way to point out that Gizmogc is attacking people...then doing the mature thing....pointing out grammer problems. Pot and the kettle.

i just found one of each controller at the walmart in westminster, CA keep calling, i checked this morning and nothing, then called at 11am and they got one of each.

I was just pointing out that he is a negative asshole in every thread I see him/her post in. When it's all negative it may be time to take a break and get away from the negativity.

[quote name='fleegs79']I was told by an Electronics worker that they would go on sale at 8am 12/06/06.[/quote]
Found an ad scan that backs that up:

Wii.jpg

[quote name='fleegs79']I was told by an Electronics worker that they would go on sale at 8am 12/06/06.[/quote] Do they go on sale at 8AM for 24 hour stores?

In the Birmingham area I talked to Walmart, Circuit City and Target. This is what I was told -

Walmart is holding stock in this area (birmingham) for the weekend. -
12:01 AM on 12/03/06

Target(The girl was really helpful and checked with the manager) -
8:00 AM on 12/03/06

Circuity City -
8:00 AM on 12/03/06

Now again this may be region or whatever.

halohand....I'm assuming you mean 12/03 instead of 01/03?

sounds like this sunday is the time to try and get one....maybe my impatience hurt. I bought a wii from someone locally yesterday for 50 dollars over retail price. I was tired of thinking about getting up early and getting in lines. Sounds like there will be several options and places to try and get one this Sunday. My problem is I'm going out of town on business Sunday morning for 2 weeks, so I was hoping these stores would sell them beforehand.

by the way, this console freakin rocks.....my wife even likes it (she hates video games). The more non-gamers the wii attracts, the higher the demand is going to be for them.

OOPS Sorry about that I fixed it.

Yeah my wife is excited about it too. I almost bought a 360 instead last weekend but she said she was more excited about the Wii. Congrats on getting one, I would have probably bought it at that price too. Hopefully I will get one this weekend.

[quote name='wll1142']halohand....I'm assuming you mean 12/03 instead of 01/03?

sounds like this sunday is the time to try and get one....maybe my impatience hurt. I bought a wii from someone locally yesterday for 50 dollars over retail price. I was tired of thinking about getting up early and getting in lines. Sounds like there will be several options and places to try and get one this Sunday. My problem is I'm going out of town on business Sunday morning for 2 weeks, so I was hoping these stores would sell them beforehand.

by the way, this console freakin rocks.....my wife even likes it (she hates video games). The more non-gamers the wii attracts, the higher the demand is going to be for them.[/QUOTE]

I would pay $50 over retail to have it now and not have to look again Sunday. I think you made the right choice.

Agreed. I wouldn't pay much more than $50 over, but I'm feeling the same way... I just hate waiting in lines, even then only having a 50/50 chance on getting a system.
I just wish I was the patient type and could wait until after the holidays for one. When you're trolling eBay for prices you know you have a problem :(

bread's done
Back