Photo
- - - - -

Powerstone Collection PSP $9.99 @ Meijer B&M YMMV

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

I just picked up the last copy of Powerstone Collection PSP for $9.99 !

It was tagged $9.99 , and scanned the same with no trouble .

Good luck .

*See I don't hate Sony that much , I own a PSP *

card.pngl1.gif

#2 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:03 AM

How does this compare to the DC games? Back when the DC was 50, this never left my DC. I don't have a PSP, but plan on owning one down the line.

#3 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

Holy shit. Wasn't this released not too long ago? Damn, I'd buy this right now and I don't even have a PSP. I love Power Stone and it'd be as much of a collector's item as it would be a game to have for when/if I get a PSP.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#4 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:06 AM

How does this compare to the DC games? Back when the DC was 50, this never left my DC. I don't have a PSP, but plan on owning one down the line.

It's decent... Power Stone 1 has all the characters from PS 2 now along with some extras.

The loading on Power Stone 1 is long, it's short on Power Stone 2.

It's well worth the money though, I enjoyed it alot... at $10 - $20 it's still cheaper than buying either PS game for the Dreamcast.

It plays just as good as the DC ones, imo.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#5 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:08 AM

I haven't opened it yet . I'll let you know how I think it compares .

Although it's been awhile since I've played my DC , let alone Powerstone or Powerstone 2 .

card.pngl1.gif

#6 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:09 AM

It's decent... Power Stone 1 has all the characters from PS 2 now along with some extras.

The loading on Power Stone 1 is long, it's short on Power Stone 2.

It's well worth the money though, I enjoyed it alot... at $10 - $20 it's still cheaper than buying either PS game for the Dreamcast.

I think the real question everyone wants to know is... Can you see shit in Power Stone 2 with the tiny screen?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#7 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:10 AM

I think the real question everyone wants to know is... Can you see shit in Power Stone 2 with the tiny screen?

I never had a problem with it, and I put quite a few hours into it.

For $10, anybody with a PSP with any sort of interest in this game at all would be stupid not to pick it up, imo. Hell, like I said earlier, it's even worth the $20 that everyone else charges... that's $10 per game.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#8 indy2029

indy2029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

I guess sales of this games really show that this series is dead. Oh well...Long live Fokker! (Falcon in u.s.)

#9 naes

naes

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Not bad, I'd buy it if there was a Meijer around me..

Posted Image

#10 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

I guess sales of this games really show that this series is dead. Oh well...Long live Fokker! (Falcon in u.s.)

Releaseing it on the psp was a bad idea. The PSP demographic doesn't seem liek the type to give this a shot or even know it exists.

#11 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:44 AM

Releaseing it on the psp was a bad idea. The PSP demographic doesn't seem liek the type to give this a shot or even know it exists.

QFT. Would have been really nice on Wii or 360 IMO. PS2 would be a good choice but it only has 2 controller ports by default.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#12 mrmike

mrmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:19 AM

This should had been on PS2, like the Alpha collection. Dummies...

#13 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

QFT. Would have been really nice on Wii or 360 IMO. PS2 would be a good choice but it only has 2 controller ports by default.

I was wishing last gen for one of these games to come out. The wii would be awesome with its controller and the 360 for online play (multiplayer was the reason this was a blast for me, the single player is way short) To bad it will never happen.

#14 WrestleCrap'sRD

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up. They had it at the Southport Road one in Indy. One left there if anyone's in the area.

RD
Check out the WORST of Pro Wrestling at WrestleCrap.com!
http://www.wrestlecrap.com/

#15 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

this Meijer place is only in like 5 states according to the store locator. Shouldn't this be in the regional deals secion? :P http://www.meijer.co...tions/index.asp
I've never heard of them until now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#16 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

this Meijer place is only in like 5 states according to the store locator. Shouldn't this be in the regional deals secion? :P http://www.meijer.co...tions/index.asp

No. As is Fry's, Game Rush, Rhino (at least was), etc. Now that you know, just skip clicking it the next time.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#17 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

wish I could order online...

#18 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

Shouldn't be a YMMV. It's actually in the system at meijer at $9.99.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#19 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

I posted a link to this in the Regional/International Video Game Deals > Midwest , Michigan Deal Thread , which is about as disorderly as a Target Clearance thread .

Shouldn't be a YMMV. It's actually in the system at meijer at $9.99.

I put YMMV , in case someone bitches about not being able to get it at that price .

card.pngl1.gif

#20 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

I already bought my copy at amazon. Whenever I look at the game selection at Meijer, I never know what prices games are because they're slow to change prices on many games.
Posted Image

#21 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

I put YMMV , in case someone bitches about not being able to get it at that price .

Oh, I realize that. I was just adding that because I checked it last night and it shows up as $9.99 for the regular price now. Just wanted to point out to other CAGs that it's worth the trip to Meijer if they want this game.

Also, aren't you on my LIVE friends list? I can never get a damn game going with you though. I'm either in a game and there are no slots or you send an invite and I can't abandon the game I'm in. I'm almost positive I played some GOW with you a week or two ago though.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#22 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

Also, aren't you on my LIVE friends list? I can never get a damn game going with you though. I'm either in a game and there are no slots or you send an invite and I can't abandon the game I'm in. I'm almost positive I played some GOW with you a week or two ago though.

Yes , we're both from MI , so you'd think we would have played more together .
Considering we're in the same time zone , you'd think it would be more likely .

I work a swing shift so my game time is irregular .

card.pngl1.gif

#23 Trebuken

Trebuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

Picked one up for $9.99 in Hilliard Ohio today. Thanks for the post, great deal.

#24 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:47 PM

Just yesterday, I had pulled my copies of 1 and 2 for the DC off the shelf to play. Great, great games. (And a reason to make sure you have four controllers for your DC!)

cagSig.png515886.png

#25 majinvegeta-88

majinvegeta-88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

got one today marked at $29.99, the cashier couldnt believe it was so cheap.

Thanx OP

#26 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

Hope this isnt a repost..

I know there was interest in this game when it was thought to be $9.99 at BB but was indeed 19.99. If you have a Meijers near you Check the outside area for the hanging games. Powerstone PSP is $9.99. I also saw MIAMI VICE for 16.96 too.

EDIT

WTF..

That other Powerstone Thread wasnt there when I posted this..?!

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#27 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

Sweet, I'll have to check.

I hope it's $9.99 at all Meier's. (And that they have one!)

#28 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

No Meijers stores around here; OP, would you be willing to snag me a copy? I could pay you cost plus shipping plus a couple bucks for the trouble. PM me if you are able to help. Thanks!
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#29 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Great deal.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#30 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

Who was first? I swear i didnt see this thread. :cry:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=131915

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg