MS Saga: A New Dawn (PS2) - $18.31 plus shipping at GoGamer.com

Actually this game is also marked down at my local Fry's for somewhere between $16-20 (I forget the exact price, might have been $16.77 or 17.66). I'll have to keep in mind that it's a good game and pick it up next time I'm there.

Isn't the game complete crap, though? I mean unless you gundam obsessed (you make the models and dress up at home) there's no point in playing this, right?

no, MS Saga was the good one, from the reviews i read. Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles were the complete crap, iirc.

it's an RPG, there's a point to play it if you're an RPG fan. you don't have to be gundam obsessed. in fact i'd say this would be a good initiation into Gundam, since i never felt like watching Gundam, but i'm very interested in this game.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']no, MS Saga was the good one, from the reviews i read. Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles were the complete crap, iirc.

it's an RPG, there's a point to play it if you're an RPG fan. you don't have to be gundam obsessed. in fact i'd say this would be a good initiation into Gundam, since i never felt like watching Gundam, but i'm very interested in this game.[/QUOTE]

Metal Saga was indeed crap, but Steambot is a pretty good game. Has a few rough edges, but was definitely a fun playthrough imo.

If one were to judge solely by IGN, all 3 games are average and have various problems. MS Saga is also the lowest rated there of the three. But I might still pick it up, it's under $20 and the majority of the complaints were with the SD look of the Gundams and dated-looking graphics.

[quote name='eldergamer']Isn't the game complete crap, though? I mean unless you gundam obsessed (you make the models and dress up at home) there's no point in playing this, right?[/QUOTE]

It scored in the 6-7/10 range in most every review. I thought it was a little above average. I mean for a license-based RPG it offers a decent battle system and loads upon loads of customization options letting actually make use of the bonuses/cash you earn, somehting alot of RPGs don't do well anymore. I mean it was by no means perfect, and I'd even struggle to call it an all-around good game as it had somethings I hated (to many random encounters, not really unique in it's design at all, and there was "chibi-esqe" gundam designs). But overall it was a fairly enjoyable experience espeically compared to the other Gundam games that have been released stateside thus far.

What happened to the 2 or 3 dollar shipping from GoGamer.com? With shipping at 8 bucks it's not even CLOSE to a deal to order from GoGamer. Does anyone know WTH happened?

Danke.

i read a review a while ago. a really simple rpg with gundams. like, kiddy-ish gameplay with no depth.

still it's probably one of the better gundam game out there, because of the fact that most of them sucked

i'll probably get it for $20 at frys(if it is $20)

That was Fry's in Houston btw for the deal I mentioned. Fry's might be YMMV with their regular video game markdowns but I kind of doubt it.

Side note: the chibi-Gundam looks were done as a part of practicality. One of the developers said that they decided to make the MSs SD so that the customization would work.

[quote name='fairtrade']That was Fry's in Houston btw for the deal I mentioned. Fry's might be YMMV with their regular video game markdowns but I kind of doubt it.[/quote]

Which Fry's in Houston? The one in the Woodlands, or the one over by Baybrook, or...?

I wasn't even aware that there were multiple Fry's in Houston. The one at 45 and West Rd., near Greenspoint. Again I doubt it matters, it's probably a regular clearance markdown available at every Fry's.

[quote name='monstericreated']Which Fry's in Houston? The one in the Woodlands, or the one over by Baybrook, or...?[/quote]

Well, I went in with a friend at work who had been looking for a deal on this for a while now. The shipping didn't go up with the quantity, thankfully, so we came out a little better that way. We had both agreed that it looks like this may be one that just disappears instead of seeing a lot of drops, since it seems pretty scarce already.

[quote name='phantomer']i read a review a while ago. a really simple rpg with gundams. like, kiddy-ish gameplay with no depth.[/quote]
You must be thinking of a different game. Has more depth than most RPGs, and no kid is going to get very far, since it gets hard fast. The story is terrible, but the gameplay is good. You really need to plan out your gundams, your weapon loadout, and prep your pilots to make it through.

I know the game has been going for about $20 on eBay for a while now, but I still haven't got it.

I guess I'm still holding out hoping it'll be uber cheap somewhere (even though its not avaliable in most stores)

[quote name='fairtrade']I wasn't even aware that there were multiple Fry's in Houston. The one at 45 and West Rd., near Greenspoint. Again I doubt it matters, it's probably a regular clearance markdown available at every Fry's.[/quote]

Ah, I hope it's still marked down. I've had my eye on this game for a long time, waiting for it to price drop. Now I can finally get it.

[quote name='fairtrade']I wasn't even aware that there were multiple Fry's in Houston. The one at 45 and West Rd., near Greenspoint. Again I doubt it matters, it's probably a regular clearance markdown available at every Fry's.[/quote]

Well, you know Houston... Ridiculously spread out! I'll ask my bf to check and see if it's marked down at his Fry's (near Baybrook Mall). Thanks for the tip regardless.

I'm honestly surprised it has taken this long for any kind of drop on it, Bandai must know what they're doing since Zeta Vs Gundam also doesn't go for that cheap either.

After hearing that this game was $19.99 at Fry's B&M, I went to the one in Austin. It had a $29.90 sticker and when I had them price check it I was even happier than I had anticipated. The game's price was only $12.22. So be on the lookout at your local Fry's for this game. Sorry fellow Austin area CAGs, this was the only copy on the floor, but perhaps they have some more in the back.

[quote name='Josef']Update: price is down to $18.31 plus shipping.[/quote]
The shipping has dropped now as well, from $8.50 down to $4.28.

They have Justice League Heroes XBOX for $18.xx now too, but the shipping is $8.50.

I emailed their customer service to ask about that high shipping charge. Apparently they use different vendors for different games, and the vendor must set the shipping price and carrier. Usually GoGamer offers "Dirt Cheap" as a shipping option, which is around $2.50 USPS. The service rep said they don't even use UPS now, only FedEx and USPS. Kind of odd, almost like Amazon in a way.

My bad habit of posting game prices I see before grabbing a copy for myself almost got me I think, the closest Fry's sold out of MS Saga and I had to drive an extra 20+ miles to a different store. :bomb:

[quote name='Whambamm']After hearing that this game was $19.99 at Fry's B&M, I went to the one in Austin. It had a $29.90 sticker and when I had them price check it I was even happier than I had anticipated. The game's price was only $12.22. So be on the lookout at your local Fry's for this game. Sorry fellow Austin area CAGs, this was the only copy on the floor, but perhaps they have some more in the back.[/quote]
Does it ring up $12.22 at other Fry's too? It's an odd price btw.

It was actually $12.44. Fry's often has weird clearance prices like that.

[quote name='eau']Does it ring up $12.22 at other Fry's too? It's an odd price btw.[/quote]

bread's done
Back