Photo
- - - - -

Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2540 replies to this topic

Poll: Diamond or Pearl? (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Diamond or Pearl?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#451 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

Posted Image

#452 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

He is not even playing Pokemans!!!

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#453 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

*Bows to Zew*

seanr1221.png

#454 FallMoon

FallMoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

How many hours have you guys put in your older pokemon games? How many hours do you think you'll put into this (eventually)?

#455 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

Lots and lots....lots and lots...

The old ones I would always replay....I had no patience for catching every pokemon but I loved the adventure of battling bosses....and the occasional civilians

#456 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

How many hours have you guys put in your older pokemon games? How many hours do you think you'll put into this (eventually)?

Too many, and....too many.

I put most of my time into Fire Red. I played through Blue twice, Gold in Japanese, and Silver in english, but Fire Red was when I really got into breeding and EV training the ultimate team. Emerald I havent played too much. I couldn't stand the poor selection of pokemon near the begining of the game, and by that time I was a little burned out.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I'm a little upset that the DS carts aren't colored. That's certainly a first for the US.
Let me show you them.

#457 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

So the fact you need the first badge makes this sound like it would take even longer to start the game over 6 times. At least breeding them later on, you can do other, more productive things while waiting for the eggs to hatch. But I guess by restarting 6 times you do get the unfair advantage of having 3 different strong types :roll:

Oh please. It's not like I'm playing against a real person, don't bitch about unfair advantages. It's mainly for collection purposes, for me anyway. I'd rather restart than have some dumbass egg with me the whole damn time, and then have it hatch at level 1 or whatever they hatch at while my team is level 50.

#458 FallMoon

FallMoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit upset too. What colors would the carts be anyway? Diamond could be a diamond-like cartridge, but then it would have to be white or silver. A see through blue cart would be too similar to Sapphire. Pearl would probably be a violet or off white.

#459 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

But now I'm ready for D/P.

HAWT!

I just got Diamond from Buy.com. No stylus, but I have a Diamond stylus from Target. I am getting ready to play all weekend long.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#460 FallMoon

FallMoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

Do I need the receipt if I pre-ordered from Gamestop?

#461 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

No.

#462 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Do I need the receipt if I pre-ordered from Gamestop?

No. They have you on file. You just need to know your Name.

#463 FallMoon

FallMoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

Thanks, that would be a little inconvenient to have to keep the receipt.

#464 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

So have any stores broken street date? I was in earlier today at my GC when they recieved their FedEx shipment of them. They literally got in something like 100 of each version, but the employee wouldn't sell one to me.

#465 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

So have any stores broken street date? I was in earlier today at my GC when they recieved their FedEx shipment of them. They literally got in something like 100 of each version, but the employee wouldn't sell one to me.

We got them today at the Sams I work at. Only 20 of each. I tried to scan one through the registers but sigh they are street dated and cannot be sold.

#466 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

We got them today at the Sams I work at. Only 20 of each. I tried to scan one through the registers but sigh they are street dated and cannot be sold.

Yea, I guarantee Wal-Mart is putting them out already but the same thing will happen, they will be street dated and it will confuse the employees.

I'm hoping Circuit City ordered a shitload... if GC is getting 100 of each, CC should hopefully get more than that, especially with their super low price.

But, it is Circuit City, they will probably get 4 of each version.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#467 AK85

AK85

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

Yea, I guarantee Wal-Mart is putting them out already but the same thing will happen, they will be street dated and it will confuse the employees.

I'm hoping Circuit City ordered a shitload... if GC is getting 100 of each, CC should hopefully get more than that, especially with their super low price.

But, it is Circuit City, they will probably get 4 of each version.

That is why I plan to be there close to when they open so I can save a little cash, but if I have to get it somewhere else it won't be a big deal.

Posted Image

#468 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

I'll be at Target early mornin' Sunday. Can't wait.

#469 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

I have a feeling online for this game is gunna be for the people with elite pokemon and them alone...

#470 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

only 2 more days until i have greatness sitting in my DS lite.
[Brawl: 0001-3099-4131][Excitebots: 2106-5601-7796]

#471 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

Line break much, Slain?

yeah... it's kind of a habit....
[Brawl: 0001-3099-4131][Excitebots: 2106-5601-7796]

#472 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

I have a feeling online for this game is gunna be for the people with elite pokemon and them alone...

I doubt it. In past games, even if you ahd the best pokemon, you could still be bested by a properly trained Charizard or some other properly trained third level evolution Pokemon. Shit, I remember working so hard to get my Dratini to Dragonite, but once I did that thing was a beast. Still my favorite Pokemon to date.

Anyway, even though i know for a fact come Sunday I will be getting Diamond, but I haven't really read up much about the game. How big's the pokedex on this one and is the Dratini family in the game?

#473 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

HAWT!

Glad you like it. Damn, now its going to be awkward posting in the same thread. :D
Let me show you them.

#474 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

I doubt it. In past games, even if you ahd the best pokemon, you could still be bested by a properly trained Charizard or some other properly trained third level evolution Pokemon. Shit, I remember working so hard to get my Dratini to Dragonite, but once I did that thing was a beast. Still my favorite Pokemon to date.

Anyway, even though i know for a fact come Sunday I will be getting Diamond, but I haven't really read up much about the game. How big's the pokedex on this one and is the Dratini family in the game?

I think its a total of 493 total pokes...and ive got no idea if dratini is in this, but all old pokes WILL appear

...so that was coming from the "worst poster on cag" haha

#475 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:11 AM

I'll be at Target early mornin' Sunday. Can't wait.

Target FTW!!!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#476 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

I think I may make a lineup of just prepper Pokemon and annoy the Shaq-fu out of someone. Of course I will make a real lineup too with a couple legendaries but mostly third level evolutions.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#477 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:38 AM

@gizmo

Spoiler

#478 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:47 AM

@gizmo

Spoiler

ahh crap (read spoiler)

guess this means less time to "get there"

#479 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:56 AM

I see its out...gotta find it now.

#480 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:06 AM

I have 2 hours under my belt. It is fun. The new 3D touch is nice. It doesn't take away from the charming 2D world. Everytime I play Pokemon, I wish there was a new Earthbound game. I have 7 Pokemon and on my way to getting my first badge. I picked the fire Pokemon. He is cool. I love Buy.com sometimes.