Guilty Gear X2 #Reload $19.99

Yeah not really a deal per say as its MSRP $20. Still sounds like winner though. Personally I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it in so I can get it for $15.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yeah not really a deal per say as its MSRP $20. Still sounds like winner though. Personally I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it in so I can get it for $15.[/quote]

My Best Buy said they aren't getting this game in. I couldn't find it on their web site, either. Sounds like this isn't going to be a huge release, so you might want to call your BB and ask.

I figure I'll just pick it up at EB later today. $15 would be nice, but I'll settle for $20.

One of the BB reps I spoke with about it said they're not getting it in.

I heard the same thing from a CC rep.

I ordered it from Gamestop, should show up by the end of the week. Well worth it, from what I've seen.

I think I'll buy it. First because it's an awesome price and second it's been getting great reviews.

Anyone seen the XBox version and see how it compares to the PS2 version?

From what I've read, besides the Live play, they've tweaked the graphics a little. I'm curious to see if anyone has seen both and can offer a comparison.

If you're asking how Guilty Gear X2 compares to Reload basically the moves have been tweaked to balance the characters. It's like Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, same game, just a few tweaks and changes here and there.

I don't think you can say it's to the level of a VF4 EVO make. If you already own GGX2, then Reload isn't worth it, IMO. Nothing's really changed outside of the extra fighters and tweaks. Sure, things are a bit more balanced, but the game is virtually identical in terms of everything else. EVO was, IMO, a real remake -- graphical augmentation, quest mode, and thousands of added goodies -- you aren't going to find any of that in Reload.

has anybody seen this game at BB? You can use the $5 off madden coupon or either use gamer gift card thing to make it 15

[quote name='romeogbs19']I don't think you can say it's to the level of a VF4 EVO make. If you already own GGX2, then Reload isn't worth it, IMO. Nothing's really changed outside of the extra fighters and tweaks. Sure, things are a bit more balanced, but the game is virtually identical in terms of everything else. EVO was, IMO, a real remake -- graphical augmentation, quest mode, and thousands of added goodies -- you aren't going to find any of that in Reload.[/quote]
Truly, it isn't as big a change as EVO was. But to be fair, you failed to mention that GGX2#reload is ONLINE. That will be a huge plus to some people.

Your Winner!

It retails at 20 bucks. GameStop in my area says they only got 3 in. No where else had it either. I like the original Guilty Gear more. Xbox controll isn't good for fighting games.

FYI, some Gamerush stores are also carrying this. I checked 5 stores in my area though and only 1 had it, so it I'm not sure if all of them will be getting copies. Got mine for free after trading in a couple of crappy games.

I'm guessing Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is going to be hard to find, if stores like Best Buy and Circuit City won't carry the game...:(

I'm going to BB, tomorrow in the morning. I pray they have the game in-stock...[-o

Well this is for the Xbox version of the game right? I'm going to check some BBs and CCs around me to see if they have it, and if they don't on to EB or Gamestop? I'm guessing it will be kind of hard to find in the future and I love 2d fighters, so then it'll be a must for me. I too pray that some store around me will have this in stock. Does anyone know if Gamecrazy is getting it in??

It doesn't make any sense why this would be a hard title to find, although it obviously is at the moment. When a new game comes out priced at $19.99 like this, it usually means it's priced that way so many copies can be sold (i.e. Colin Mcrae 4, Midway Arcade Treasures, ESPN 2k5 series). You'd figure they'd press hundreds of thousands of GG X2's so they'd be easily available to the masses when it's this cheap.

[quote name='norkusa']FYI, some Gamerush stores are also carrying this. I checked 5 stores in my area though and only 1 had it, so it I'm not sure if all of them will be getting copies. Got mine for free after trading in a couple of crappy games.[/quote]My GameRush had atleast one but I didn't check for any other copies. That would be pretty cool if the game became rare after I got my copy. I would be so happy. :p

I've been playing this all day. Fable can wait. Oh, and check your local Wal-Mart. Mine had tons of copies today. (Normal, IL)

Looks like not that many copies are being made, or perhaps the popularity of the game was misjudged, and not enough copies were shipped to retailers. An EBgames store near me didn't have any copies left either.

if only I had XBOX and xbox live, I would tear up EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

that is, once I get used to the #R tweaks in all my characters...

no more frc unblockable super with Anji, and I heard his butterfly speed changed,

less float following Axl's 63214S, but also u can JC 6K, and chain FRC window increased to 2 frames,

more FRC for Testament, but I heard some moves like 2S can no longer be comboed...

Eddie lost his 22S FRC... donno what else they did w/ him

Eddie's changes are mostly in his favor, I think. Gamefaqs.com actually has a good list of the balance tweaks.

More importantly, what's everyone going to be using for a controller here? The dpad on the first party controllers is abysmal, and I don't think we're getting the SF controllers until next year...

[quote name='nein89']The dpad on the first party controllers is abysmal, and I don't think we're getting the SF controllers until next year...[/quote]

I hate the Duke's d-pad, but I'm rather fond of the S's d-pad. Just be happy we aren't playing this on GC.

Which is better...Playstation 2 version or this XBOX version. I just got GGX2r for xbox today, but I have been busy with Fable and haven't gotten to it yet. Anyone think the PS2 version is still better?

Man, I really suck... I keep getting my ass handed to me in online mode. I was never any good at the half-cirlce+B style attacks...
Any pointers besides massive practice? (although that may be the only solution...)
also, my gamertag is Taiidanx if anyone is up for a match or some Rallisport 2

This game is not that good....capcom vs. snk is way WAY better....I'm very disappointed, especially after all of the rave reviews it was getting....

[quote name='JEKKI']if only I had XBOX and xbox live, I would tear up EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

that is, once I get used to the #R tweaks in all my characters...

no more frc unblockable super with Anji, and I heard his butterfly speed changed,

less float following Axl's 63214S, but also u can JC 6K, and chain FRC window increased to 2 frames,

more FRC for Testament, but I heard some moves like 2S can no longer be comboed...

Eddie lost his 22S FRC... donno what else they did w/ him[/quote]
Something tells me this guy is gonna kick our asses.

I need to get this since my original GGX2 was freaking flawed and Sammy refuses to take my call on the matter. Hopefully I can find it cheap tomarrow.

Picked this one up yesterday. Simply amazing gameplay, graphics and music. At $19.99 you can't ask for a better bargain in fighting games on the XBox. English announcer, but characters speak in Japanese with subtitles. Highly recommended.

[quote name='KurtCobain']Your Winner!

It retails at 20 bucks. GameStop in my area says they only got 3 in. No where else had it either. I like the original Guilty Gear more. Xbox controll isn't good for fighting games.[/quote]I agree that the Xbox controller isn't good for fighting games, that's part of the reason I'm passing up on GGX2: Reloaded, along with already owning GGX2 for 1 1/2 years and canceling XBL. Plus, Guilty Gear Isuka comes out in over a month for PS2. Well, I do think the GGX is better than GGX2 in some ways (like with the last boss), but I mostly prefer GGX2.

I saw a copy at EB and never really looked in Gamestop.

bread's done
Back