LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

You can't.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#272 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I have a question .... I used to have a WII with a bunch of VC games downloaded & some unused WII points. Well I never played it sooo I sold it ... aaaaghghhhhh!!! Now I bought another one ... & was wondering how do I go about recovering said VC games & points??? Any thoughts??

It is critical that you link you Wii to your Nintendo Club account for all your purchases--the challenge/bad side to this is that you MUST do this before you buy anything.

I have also read where people were able to get Nintendo to do this by sending in their console. Check with Customer Service, be polite and see what you can make happen. If you console is modded, even soft modded, they may not help you.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#273 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Looking to get component cables. Read the OP but still wondering if I should attempt to get official component or if anyone can recommend 3rd party that really are as good as the official in quality. And where I would find them for a good price. Amazon is asking $36 for official. Or maybe the WiiU uses the same cables?

#274 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm fairly certain WiiU is HDMI only.
Posted Image

#275 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Is there any difference between a Wii Remote Plus and a Wii Remote with Motion Plus Adapater?

#276 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm fairly certain WiiU is HDMI only.

Kotaku just released some of the technical specs of the Wii-U:
http://kotaku.com/59...s-get-technical

"Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV."

At least this gives people some options.

Edited by ratzombie, 14 September 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#277 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Is there any difference between a Wii Remote Plus and a Wii Remote with Motion Plus Adapater?

AFAIK, the Wii / Wii U system doesn't see a difference, however I wouldn't want to deal with the extra bulk with the Motion Plus adapter if I had a choice.

#278 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Wikipedia adds this:

HDMI 1.4 out port supporting stereoscopic 3D images.

Yup, stereoscopic 3D output.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_u

--

DonsSword.png

#279 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Nope--they are the same tech. Sometimes the Adapter can get a little loose in play, but the technical implementation is the same.

I do recommend you only buy the 1st party Nintendo Motion Plus Adapters. I have tried some 3rd party ones, and they all suck. If you're careful, you can find decent 3rd party Wiimotes (Nyko), but not good adapters.

--

DonsSword.png

#280 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

No spdif or digital audio out???? =(

#281 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Our Wii is starting to give the dreaded "system files are corrupted" message. Last night it put that up 4 times, and then the 5th time it powered up. It *might* have powered up because I removed the SD card, but perhaps that was just coincidence. I guess I need to send it in for repair?

Crunchewy.png

#282 J7.

J7.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Looking to get component cables. Read the OP but still wondering if I should attempt to get official component or if anyone can recommend 3rd party that really are as good as the official in quality. And where I would find them for a good price. Amazon is asking $36 for official.

Our Wii is starting to give the dreaded "system files are corrupted" message. Last night it put that up 4 times, and then the 5th time it powered up. It *might* have powered up because I removed the SD card, but perhaps that was just coincidence. I guess I need to send it in for repair?

Did you try putting the SD card in again and then power it on a few times?

#283 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Sorry for a noob question, I'm looking into buying my first Wii for the kids, just wondering what are the differences between the old (vertical) and the new (horizontal) one, other than the new one does not support GC games, and I'm guessing the new one can also not use GC controllers right? Are the Wii parts of the system identical or does the new one have better components? i.e. Does the new one output to HDMI?

Thanks!!

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#284 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Sorry for a noob question, I'm looking into buying my first Wii for the kids, just wondering what are the differences between the old (vertical) and the new (horizontal) one, other than the new one does not support GC games, and I'm guessing the new one can also not use GC controllers right? Are the Wii parts of the system identical or does the new one have better components? i.e. Does the new one output to HDMI?

Thanks!!

New one does not have GC controller ports so no. Parts of the system probably the same, possibly better, but could also be cheaper components, I don't know for sure but I wouldn't worry about that because the difference would be marginal since it's just the Wii and low level tech and Nintendo systems are usually reliable. Don't know for sure if it outputs to HDMI but I would say with 95% assurance that it does not. HDMI adapters exist for it on Amazon but I know nothing about them.

#285 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

New one does not have GC controller ports so no. Parts of the system probably the same, possibly better, but could also be cheaper components, I don't know for sure but I wouldn't worry about that because the difference would be marginal since it's just the Wii and low level tech and Nintendo systems are usually reliable. Don't know for sure if it outputs to HDMI but I would say with 95% assurance that it does not. HDMI adapters exist for it on Amazon but I know nothing about them.

I just picked up an HDMI adapter (on amazon) and it works great. Just plug and go

#286 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just picked up an HDMI adapter (on amazon) and it works great. Just plug and go

Did it improve the image quality significantly compared to what other kinds of cables you used or is it more for convenience? I'm wondering if I should get component Wii cables or an HDMI adapter myself.

#287 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

I tried an HDMI adapter a while ago with the Wii. It didn't improve the quality over the component cables I'm using. It also gave everything a slightly blue tint/hue. I had honestly gotten it because I wanted to add my Wii to my HDMI switcher, but the switcher couldn't recognize it unless I did something strange. I say that because I don't remember exactly what I had to do to get it to work through the switch; I think I had to turn on my 360 as well and sort of fool the switch into passing the Wii's signal. Even when I had tried to manually select the Wii with the switch, it just wouldn't work.

I returned it and decided I'd just wait until the Wii U. So I'd personally say to just stick with the component cables unless you have a really significant reason for needing HDMI on the Wii.

I could probably have tried other HDMI adapters for the Wii, but the experience I had with this one (it was an HDMIKey) turned me off from pursuing it further. In other words, maybe other people have had more luck than me.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#288 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

What brand component cables do you use Strell? The official cables are too expensive.

#289 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

I have an official set, but the ones you can get from Monoprice work just as well.

Posted Image

#290 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

For the "White System $89 at Walmart" for black friday, I'm guessing that does not come with any games, right? Or does all wii consoles comes with wii sports (and/or wii resort)?

Thanks!

EDIT: More questions, regarding motion plus.
(1) Are there many games that would only function with a remote with motion plus?
(2) Anyone use these: Komodo Nunchuk & Remote are they okay? The price certainly beats $60 for official ones...

Edited by Asgardian, 21 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

weapon05.gif
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#291 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I have an official set, but the ones you can get from Monoprice work just as well.

Thank you, I got some component cables now. Is there an issue where some VC games won't work with component cables? I read some have problems but I don't know if it's just in Europe. Also read something about pressing Z+A+2 button simultaneously. Not sure if I should avoid some VC games or if Nintendo released new versions without the problem.

For the "White System $89 at Walmart" for black friday, I'm guessing that does not come with any games, right? Or does all wii consoles comes with wii sports (and/or wii resort)?

Thanks!

EDIT: More questions, regarding motion plus.
(1) Are there many games that would only function with a remote with motion plus?
(2) Anyone use these: Komodo Nunchuk & Remote are they okay? The price certainly beats $60 for official ones...

I don't think the $89 Walmart deal includes any games. 1) I don't think there are a lot of motion plus only games. 2) Don't know. Generally 3rd party controllers for any system should be avoided unless they're high end. Here's some Amazon Komodo reviews http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

#292 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thank you, I got some component cables now. Is there an issue where some VC games won't work with component cables? I read some have problems but I don't know if it's just in Europe. Also read something about pressing Z+A+2 button simultaneously. Not sure if I should avoid some VC games or if Nintendo released new versions without the problem.

I've yet to have a problem with any VC games. I do recall that there were some people having an issue where they'd take their system from a widescreen HDTV to a SDTV and experiencing some problems with the output, but that's sort of a different situation.

Posted Image

#293 J7.

J7.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Ok cool. TY.

#294 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

FWIW, here's some info I have learned first hand regarding wii controllers.

For the wii remote, I ended up buying 3X FlingSmash bundle from TrU with Groupon, about $15 each.

For the Nunchuk, I used my $10 off coupons from RadioShack and got 3X Kama wireless Nunchuk free (clearance at $9.57 each), I couldn't find the item on radioshack.com anymore, but some stores still have it, some of them had it in the back. I've seen two different packaging, one with only a plastic shell and one with an outer box, both worked fine, and near identical.

Here's a amazon link.

I've played the wii sport boxing game both with the official wired Nunchuk and the wireless Nunchuk. There might be occasional delays, but honestly I cannot really tell because the official wired Nunchuk also had misinput (or very possibly I simply suck at the game). However, IMHO, the wireless kama being wireless offers much more freedom, had I not got a wired official Nunchuk with my wii, I'd have oped for another wireless one.

I've also tested the wii sports archery game with the kama wireless, worked perfectly.

I've read some review on amazon that they could not get more than one kama wireless to sync, that is simply not true. I have personally tested playing 2-player boxing game with two wireless Nunchuks synced to two remotes, had no problems at all.

One minor complain is that the plug that goes into the wii remote is a little wider on one side than the official one and you need to move the silicon cover to fully plug the thing into the remote. It's a little annoying but not a big deal, I'm considering to trim the silicon cover a little (no more than 1-2 mm) to compensate.

Lastly, I am a CAG, and instead of forking out $20 for the classic pro controller, I went with the $5 PS2 to Wii Controller Adapter.

I ordered two, typical DX order means I most likely wont receive it until next year... I'll post a review when I get them.

weapon05.gif

#295 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Love this thread. Any chance of a Wii U one down the road with similar layout?

#296 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Is there any other Points Card that works for the Wiiware/Virtual Console other than the Wii Points card? Not interested in using a credit card.

#297 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I do not believe that there are any other cards that you can use other than the Wii Points card.

That being said, u could pay cash for the card at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc., and not use your credit card.

#298 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I do not believe that there are any other cards that you can use other than the Wii Points card.

That being said, u could pay cash for the card at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc., and not use your credit card.

Haven't found any in stock any where. Are you sure there is not a Nintendo Points card that replaced the Wii Points?

#299 J7.

J7.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

My Wii is at 480P and can't see anything on my 480i TV. Is there some way to reset the resolution without being able to use a TV?

#300 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Looks like you need to take it over to a neighbor's or friends house:

http://techforums.ni...om/thread/11025