So, how many CAGs are living near Tokyo? Gauging interest for Tokyo CAG Meetup

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

Maybe we should plan on having this in early May to coincide with CAG's 5 year anniversary.

Not sure if you realize or not, but the first week of May is "Golden Week". Not sure if that's better or worse. I know it'll make travelling to Tokyo more expensive for me, but if I can crash with someone (cough, for a couple days, cough) it'd make me going a much easier decision since I could spend some of my days off over there. This could either be really great timing for me or not so good. In other words, it's a definite maybe for me. I'll know in a couple weeks.

#32 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, we can do it before or after Golden Week.

#33 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:47 AM

Looks like we arn't getting anyone else in the area, since the plug in the show didn't seem to bring people to the thread. Where do we want to meet up?

#34 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Anything on the JR Yamanote line is good for me. That puts most of Tokyo in reach. I've only been here a few weeks, so I don't know any good spots to meet up.

#35 SumDum_Guy

SumDum_Guy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:59 AM

ANywhere in Tokyo's good. Maybe to increase visibility, make/suggest a post @ Kotaku - lots of posters there live in the greater Tokyo area.

#36 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

I thought about it earlier today and if some very generous soul will let me crash at their place, I'll spend the couple Man-en to get down there. Hotel costs would just make this not worth it for me, though. :(

#37 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

Doesn't look like we're going to get any other interested people, since if the plug on the show didn't get their attention, then they probably don't live in Japan.
Does anyone have any ideas for a good place to meet up and spend an afternood/evening?

#38 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

Oops, missed my last post, so I repeated myself, my bad. I'm good for anytime before late April, when my finals begin and then I go back to the states.

#39 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

No one has posted in a while. Is this still going to happen?

#40 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:15 AM

No one has posted in a while. Is this still going to happen?

I was thinking the same thing last night. I'd really be down for this. It'd be great to hang out with some of the people on here in Tokyo.

By the way, I'll be in Tokyo for 3-4 days March 20-23. If someone wants to meet up then, too, I'd be interested.

#41 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

Still no comments in here. CheapyD, use some of that charisma we all admire to whip these Tokyo CAGs into a frenzy about the meet up!

How about meeting up in Akihabura. That's a great geek meeting place. Any place for a group to get together around there?

#42 Cagfreak

Cagfreak

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

how bout cosplay(costume play) cafe`s. They got tons of them in akihabara.

#43 mox2

mox2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

Well I'll be in the Shibuya area this weekend, hitting club Womb, Atom, and the rest with some buddies. Might go to Roppongi as well, if any CAGs are interested in hitting the clubs and meeting my buddies then come along.

#44 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

Well I'll be in the Shibuya area this weekend, hitting club Womb, Atom, and the rest with some buddies. Might go to Roppongi as well, if any CAGs are interested in hitting the clubs and meeting my buddies then come along.

Damn, I just read this right now. I was in Shibuya AND Roppongi on Friday night. My friend wimped out at 10 p.m. and went home. I ended up partying with some random guys I met at a bar. Still had fun but it would have been good to have met a fellow CAG member. The 24 hours and $200 worth of bus rides wasn't very nice either.

#45 mox2

mox2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

Well if you were in Roppongi or Shibuya, you could of went to an internet cafe, they have a private room with cushions, internet, ps2, tv, magazines, comics. The night pack they call it is a flat rate of about 16 bucks for 6 hours for late night...... hence, instead of taking a taxi back sometimes the cheapest place to sleep is actually the internet cafe.

#46 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I'm making an executive decision. Let's meet at Hachiko at Shibuya Station on Saturday, April 19 and then eat dinner somewhere in Shubuya.

#47 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

Ok, I'm making an executive decision. Let's meet at Hachiko at Shibuya Station on Saturday, April 19 and then eat dinner somewhere in Shubuya.

Sounds good to me, although Shibuya is not ideal if im bringing the kid.
How many people are we thinking? If we know how many people to expect, I can suggest a different location and restaurant.

#48 Bloodborne

Bloodborne

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hey Cheapy, I just sent you that email. I`ll be in Japan through August. Anytime would be good until then, especially weekends I think.

Is that April 19th date for sure? If so then count me waaaay in.

#49 boozi

boozi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:15 AM

Hopefully... Gonna study abroad at Aoyama Gakuin (Shibuya) in September. Hope some of you will still be around :)
まだ勉強しているよ、、、、、

#50 anubaph

anubaph

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:28 AM

Obviously I'm game for the 19th. Where would you suggest meeting Cheapy? Something on the JR Yamanote line or the Asakusa ling would be great for me, but I don't know about the rest of you.

#51 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:33 AM

It doesn't seem like too many people are interested in a free dinner and drinks. I'll mention it on this week's CAGcast and see if we can get some more takers.

#52 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:49 AM

I'll be in Tokyo next month, I'm just so excited to even be going. :D

#53 mox2

mox2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

I have a great idea, we should all go to Pakutch tower burger and see if we can get our picture taken after finishing the burger.

#54 exswoo

exswoo

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:07 AM

Wait, I'm interested!

...wait, that's today :(

Oh well...I work in Tokyo so I'm sure
I can make it the next time :) Hope you're adjusting to Japan well, CheapyD!

#55 defiance_17

defiance_17

You're bastard people.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

I'll be in Tokyo the first two weeks of July, and I'd definitely be up for something.
Posted Image

#56 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I'm personally going to be busy the weekend of May 23. If we could do it Saturday May 31, I'd be down. It takes me 12 hours and almost $200 USD to get there, like I mentioned before. I might be willing to pay that much just to hang out with you crazy guys if this comes together. Put me down as a definite maybe.

By the way, if we do this, any chance of a video game exchange or something? I have a copy of Warhawk, Skate, Gundam Musou, Resistance, and maybe even Unreal Tournament III or Call of Duty 4. I could potentially sell/trade(all for the PS3). I also have books, including Japanese language textbooks, I can give in case anyone is interested. Anyway, holler.

#57 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

I'm planning a trip out to Tokyo at the end of this month/early June so I'm potentially in for the meet-up!

#58 rawr90

rawr90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

If the party is in late August or beyond, count me in.

#59 narean

narean

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

can you make it this Saturday? I am in Shinjuku till next wednesday!

#60 mortalfloater

mortalfloater

I <3 refrigerators!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'll be in Shinjuku from June 20-30. I can do something then if anyone will be around. :bouncy: