89 replies to this topic

#61 Jack-Hunter

Jack-Hunter

The Anti Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

Guys, help me out here.

http://www.overstock...83/product.html

Over stock says that they don't expect it to be released until June 2008. WTF? This is for volume 2 by the way. Is this correct?

Should I just order from Amazon instead of overstock?

Thanks.

#62 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

There's no hard and fast release date for World of Disgaea 2, unfortunately. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Broccoli Books' website. Their info about this book is all over the place, but chances are that the correct release date will show up there before anywhere else.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#63 Jack-Hunter

Jack-Hunter

The Anti Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

There's no hard and fast release date for World of Disgaea 2, unfortunately. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Broccoli Books' website. Their info about this book is all over the place, but chances are that the correct release date will show up there before anywhere else.

In that case, since it's not out till may, i'll settle for the first "World of Disgaea" which is also in discounted price. Lower in overstock.com though.

http://www.overstock...04/product.html

Though the picture of the item rather confuses me. That book is in English, correct? I see a japanese symbol on the upper right is all.
I want to be able to read this thing.

#64 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, the one on Overstock is the English-language book. The image there looks like the old placeholder for the final cover artwork (besides, the original title for the Japanese edition is "Disgaea Character Collection").
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#65 Waterhouse

Waterhouse

game monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hey I noticed it's finally for sale on amazon today.

#66 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hey I noticed it's finally for sale on amazon today.

Yeah, Amazon *finally* sent me a delivery estimate today. I was shocked.
Posted Image

#67 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, Amazon *finally* sent me a delivery estimate today. I was shocked.

Me too. I ordered it five and a half months ago.

#68 Reikon

Reikon

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

That's nothing. It took them 9 months to give ship me the Okami art book. :-P

#69 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Same here.

#70 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, Broccoli books FINALLY got this out to distributors this week, amazing. Both this and the Okami book were super late, neither one was amazon's fault to be fair.

#71 yuffiestrife

yuffiestrife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Just chiming in as well, it was great to see that shipping confirmation in my e-mail this morning.

#72 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Great news! Looks like I'll have to place an order, then :D
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#73 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

About time now. My Disagaea 1 artbook has been lonely all this time! ;)

#74 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Just chiming in as well, it was great to see that shipping confirmation in my e-mail this morning.

Yes it is! This should look great next to Volume 1. ^_^

#75 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

I received my Volume 2 today. There are some localized, concentrated scratch marks on the back cover. It's as if it had been rubbed against something. Does yours have them or is my copy messed up?

#76 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

Does yours have them or is my copy messed up?

Mine looks fine.

#77 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

Mine looks mint. Now my Volume 1 is not so lonely. :)

#78 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:29 AM

late to the party but in for both 1 and 2 as a disgaea fan. hopefully 1 will be back in stock soon.

#79 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:15 AM

got mine today, some scratches but nothing big. book is spectacular.

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#80 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

Came yesterday, almost missed the UPS guy if I didn't run out of the house :)

#81 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

I received my Volume 2 today. There are some localized, concentrated scratch marks on the back cover. It's as if it had been rubbed against something. Does yours have them or is my copy messed up?

My copy doesn't have scratches, but several pages were bent, as was at least one of the corners. Amazon sent the damned thing in a bubble mailer; when I received it, there was a piece of clear packing tape over a huge tear in the envelope. A request has been put in for an exchange (noting the poor packaging), and I'm sending the old one back today.

If you ordered through Amazon, they are very good about replacements; you might want to look into it if you haven't already.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#82 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Mine came in a cardboard box that was slightly larger than the book which allowed no movement for the book. I'm surprised Amazon shipped some in bubble mailers.

#83 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

Damnit, volume 1 is out of stock!

#84 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Wow, they're inconsistent with shipping.

Tell me about it. Funny thing is, this has never happened before. I usually get my orders from them boxed and shrinkwrapped; this is the first time I've had something sent in a bubble mailer.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#85 Fatesealer

Fatesealer

Game spoiling expert :-(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:12 AM

I got mine this week too. To be honest, I like the book but I feel like this art book can in a way be compared to the actual games.

Disgaea 1: Loved and still love the game and anything related to it. Got the first art book and I still look through it from time to time. Still have the very copy of Disgaea I bought the day it came out in 2003 - never traded it in.
Disgaea 2: It was ok but it didn't hook me as strongly as part 1. The game had its moments but overall it was average. Actually traded my first copy in to eventually get a second one later. The art book is nice but it just feels 'different'. Don't get me wrong - I think the book is awesome (especially seeing how far the designs for Adell came) but the book feels barebones in a way. The first art book feels more 'strategy guide with bonus art' with this one being more 'here's an artbook - it's got art and stuff - yay'.

Maybe I had my expectations WAY too high and I didn't get the payoff I had been hoping for (which kind of is the same way I reacted when I first heard of a Disgaea 2 and the final product didn't set me on fire like part 1...). It's kind of like that time Alundra 1 was so awesome on PS1 that when you got part 2 expecting it to be just as awesome but it goes to the left...

Edited by Fatesealer, 25 July 2008 - 02:15 AM.

Posted Image

#86 Waterhouse

Waterhouse

game monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

Sorry to digress, but I'm really tempted by that Okami art book. $26 dollars sounds like a pretty good deal too (amazon).

#87 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

Sorry to digress, but I'm really tempted by that Okami art book. $26 dollars sounds like a pretty good deal too (amazon).

Yeah. How does the Okami art book compare to the Disgaea one?

#88 Jimmypaine

Jimmypaine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

Just a quick note - someone mentioned that they received a damaged copy earlier....mine actually had some damage to the bottom left corner (along the spine) - appears to be some compression as if the corner of the book hit the floor from a pretty high distance up.

Not a big deal for me, but I know that some people are very particular about stuff like that. It was actually packaged in a box (not a bubble mailer), so I'm guessing it must have occured at the warehouse because there is no way it happened during shipping.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#89 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

An update: Got the replacement book today, boxed and shrinkwrapped this time. It's in much better condition ^_^

Also, about the Okami book: I bought it as a gift for my husband recently. When I flipped through it, it looked like it has a ton of art, but I don't know if it has any gameplay-related stuff (I haven't played Okami yet myself, and don't want to be accidentally spoiled, so I haven't had a good look at the book yet). The printing quality is top-notch, though.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#90 Killrig

Killrig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

I ordered this book back in March, when it was allegedly being released. It just shipped last week!
-- K-rig