- - - - -

Need For Speed Carbon (Wii) $30 - Amazon DOTD

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 King Bahamut

King Bahamut

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

http://www.amazon.co...5500428-1859344

A Wii game! Looks like they're staying with the popular platforms for the DOTD.
"Justice is not the only right in this world!" ~ KLuYa, FF4

#2 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:58 AM

meh....

#3 dm877

dm877

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

would of been better if it was the 360 version

#4 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:06 AM

30 dollars? Meh, I guess it's a good price. Not good enough for me to buy it though.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#5 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Ehhhhhhhh....mehhhhh...

#6 withe011

withe011

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

Xbox 360 deal please!!

#7 qbkorso

qbkorso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

Two crap deal in a row.

#8 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

I didn't click on the link, but isn't that one of the games that comes with that piece of shit wheel? If so, then I guess it's OK since that wheel costs $20 separately..but still.. huge mehhhhhhh about today. Just goes to show ya that Mondays suck :(

I've been wanting Pokemon Trozei for quite sometime now.. ::crosses fingers::

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#9 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:49 AM

NFS:Carbon does not come with the shitty wheel. It is the deepest racer on the Wii and it controls well when you use the 'NES-style' control scheme (a la Excite Truck) and set the steering sensitivity to Tight. Worth $30 if you would like a racer for your Wii and you were pleased with the way NFS games have been structured since NFS: Underground.

#10 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

People complain way too much about these deals. Amazon doesn't even have to do them at all. These deals are a great idea and they occur 7 days a week. As long as I keep seeing these deals, wether I want them game or not, I'm happy. If every day there was a great game up, I'd be broke. A bit childish to complain everytime something you don't like comes up, because someone out there might like the deal they have.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#11 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

People complain way too much about these deals. Amazon doesn't even have to do them at all. These deals are a great idea and they occur 7 days a week. As long as I keep seeing these deals, wether I want them game or not, I'm happy. If every day there was a great game up, I'd be broke. A bit childish to complain everytime something you don't like comes up, because someone out there might like the deal they have.

Who's complaining? Yesterday's deal wasn't that great, today's deal isn't that great. Going "mehh" (like nearly everyone in this thread has said) is not complaining. It's just stating the facts that this game being on sale isn't anything special.

And yeah, Amazon doesn't have to do this. But it's not like they are providing us with a favor, they are doing it so they can make money...

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#12 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

Rainbow Six! Rainbow Six! :bomb:

Ah well, maybe next time. 8-)
Posted Image

#13 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Who's complaining? Yesterday's deal wasn't that great, today's deal isn't that great. Going "mehh" (like nearly everyone in this thread has said) is not complaining. It's just stating the facts that this game being on sale isn't anything special.

And yeah, Amazon doesn't have to do this. But it's not like they are providing us with a favor, they are doing it so they can make money...

G-Nitro has a point... people have been complaining... I don't get it either.

#14 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

Meh? Are you kidding? This game is amaaaazingly fun on the Wii!

Posted Image

#15 Iskander

Iskander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

I'm hoping for a particular game to pop up on this, is there a way to check past DOTD's to see if it already hasn't happened?

#16 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

one thing's for sure... cheapy's making a pretty penny with these amazon deals! keep em' coming!

#17 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

G-Nitro has a point... people have been complaining... I don't get it either.

I can completely understand it. I'm sure each of us have a game that they are waiting for to pop up as a DOTD. So when it isn't the game that we wanted we get alittle annoyed. In my case I would love to see more 360 DOTDs, since I just picked one up and really want more cheap 360 games.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#18 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

one thing's for sure... cheapy's making a pretty penny with these amazon deals! keep em' coming!

I'll drink to that :beer:, however, I don't think this particular deal is that great. If it was the 360 version, that would be another story.

#19 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Good. My wallet will not bleed today. *pats empty wallet*

Any idea how long Amazon will do DOTD with games? Would love it if this was a daily thing FOREVER!!!! (my wallet, however, will not...)

#20 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

Picked up a copy for my Dad.

cagSig.png515886.png

#21 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

I'm not saying meh and what not is bad. But I don't see how people keep thinking every DOTD should be what they want and if it's not they complain. It would be nice, but in reality, you have to take the deals you don't like until you get the deal you like. Not to mention, I find it much more satisfying when I see a bunch of poor deals and then a deal I want pops up. It feels like the patience has paid off. Maybe it's just me, but I am more pumped up at that point and enjoy the game more.

Like I said before, I'm thankful these DOTDs keep coming and hope they don't stop, and I don't expect everyone of them to be good. I'm sure there will be some that are downright awful in my eyes (Like a disney type game or some bad movie tie-in.), but someone might be glad it came up. Let them play out, and keep waiting for the deal that catches your eye and wallet. lol

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#22 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

This game is actually VERY fun. My sister bought it for me for Chiristmas. Was skeptical, but I've actually logged more time in it than Sports, Madden, SMBBB, COD3, and THDJ.

#23 misterbowtie

misterbowtie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

I think this is a good deal. Thanks!

#24 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

Not a bad game at all. I haven't put too much time into it, but I actually like the control scheme where the remote tilted forward from 90 degrees accelerates and the nunchuk analog stick is used to steer.

Posted Image

#25 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

Good Game. I'd say it's worth it if you like racing games. The wii controls seem great to me. I even prefer them over the 360 version.

My Tradelist

#26 patsfanmk1009

patsfanmk1009

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

Picked up a copy for myself because I was left wanting more racing after beating Excitetruck in a week.

#27 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

Man, I'm so bummed so many people are passing on this game! I picked it up with my $15 refund from newegg with Paypal and have been so exceptionally pleased. The controls are perfect, the visuals are nice for the Wii, and it's all around, just a really fun game. And for $30, I'd definitely suggest picking this up.

And heres to more Wii games on the DOTD! :cheers:

Posted Image

#28 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:53 AM

this is free if you get an amazon.com visa....
Posted Image

#29 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:49 AM

This lesson is free:

DON'T SIGN UP FOR CREDIT CARDS JUST FOR THE OFFER! The damage excessive credit cards can do and does to your credit rating is far worse than whatever small price you'll save.

Posted Image