Photo
- - - - -

Welcome to Referral Central! 1 THREAD/MEMBER - 30 Day Waiting Period - 3 Bumps/Day

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 mkda

mkda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

Ok...I made it so CAG Newbies (less than 30 days) can't create new threads.

Good stuff!

#32 greatest

greatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

hey

do you know why all of my threads were locked, i thought u were just going to delete the new one i made, please help. Am i allowed to make a new thread or can u please open the old one..

#33 vegito93

vegito93

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:36 AM

I think that there should be only one thread for each website because i keep seeing these sites like gaming laggon and prizebel or something like that over and over again. If each website has one thread than people can look through different sites not just same things with different ref links. As far as conga goes, u should start a new board for conga or maybe create a poll to see how people think about congas here.

#34 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

I like this idea (one forum/one thread per user). Less cluttered than the single referral thread (so I don't have to suffer through mkda's godawful clutter).

In addition, it stays out of the front page, and keeps everyone else happy as a result.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#35 mkda

mkda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:58 AM

I like this idea (one forum/one thread per user). Less cluttered than the single referral thread (so I don't have to suffer through mkda's godawful clutter).

In addition, it stays out of the front page, and keeps everyone else happy as a result.

Thanks!

lol, look at some of the ppl's huge sig, they're much worse.

Anyways, it doesn't look this one thread per member is working out too well. I've seen many threads by the same members.

#36 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:59 AM

Probably the result of this being a desolate territory for mods. That's my guess, at any rate.
Posted Image

#37 mkda

mkda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:01 AM

Probably the result of this being a desolate territory for mods. That's my guess, at any rate.

Well, I guess it's only gonna get worse.

#38 shnizzle66

shnizzle66

New Orleans Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

Although one thread for a site keeps things organized, it takes forever for some people to get on the list...and when they do, it ends up being dead/too late.

But another suggestion I have is that we sticky a thread that has 1 very informative and well organized/constructed thread containing all the info we would need on ANY of the offers for the sites. I see posts left and right claiming success or failure. Along with this thread we should have a poll where people can say wether they have gotten credit or not from sites, but allowing multiple votes so that 1 user can verify more then 1 site.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted Image
http://www.getref.com/index.asp?id=SHNIZZLE66

#39 Ernest_360

Ernest_360

Live to Win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

How does a thread get the CheapyD head next to it? Does it have to reach a certain number of posts/views or does Cheapy himself mark the thread as interesting? I have always been curious about this...

EDIT: Oh I see, it's a rating system on popularity by CAGs. That makes total sense.
- The Doc Says

Please consider these sites:
Wii :: PS3 :: Swagbucks

#40 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:02 AM

IMO there should be a limit on how many times a day people can bump their threads. People are bumping 4 or more times a day, its kind of absurd. 1 bump a day by OP should be allowed.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#41 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:01 AM

Currently, I didn't see an issue with bumps because sometimes four bumps could be spread out over 24 hours and only be one bump per 6 hours which isn't that bad, however I did send a few PMs asking if certain users could slow down on the bumps when it was occuring anywhere under an hour .. however it was just a suggestion and nothing official, as there isn't currently anything limiting bumps to X times per hour, or day.

#42 jam269

jam269

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

Should read this before I posted my Treasure Trooper post, I always thought "conga" just meant one referral per user, and the next guy gets the next one, etc... Ohh well... Now I know.

#43 THECLAW92

THECLAW92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:12 AM

So i can make another thread in a month? How do i edit the title of the thread?
http://www.dietzel.c...iate.php?id=739
Every Lagoon for GAMING, ANIME, DVD, SCUBA, AND MUCH MORE:bomb:
Hey Check out this forum!
I am trying to get some members to get it started join PLEASE
http://coolprizes.ip...e.com/index.php?

#44 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

The 30 day waiting period is to make your first thread, but as it says .. one thread per member, you can edit the title via Edit -> Go Advanced

#45 mkda

mkda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

I heard from someone else that you can have 2 threads here:

1 for personal freebie sites
1 to start congas

True?

EDIT: It is true!

#46 Ha429rout

Ha429rout

Gaming Since 1990

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

cant wait to post!

#47 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

This isn't the place for your spam referral links.

#48 Beau

Beau

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

Conga's would work if people sold their prizes on eBay or elsewhere (so they'd have spending money). Then we can all merrily continue to support one another, even if we didn't need any offers

Youtube & Myspace just aren't cuttin' it for me

#49 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Because its one thread per member? You knew that when making your thread, since it is stated here.

#50 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

Your thread was two pages, with just two posts that don't say "bump" so I don't see what the issue is, some people create too many threads so we have to keep it to one thread per member, period.

#51 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

Your thread was two pages

:rofl:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#52 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

No, you don't "need" a new thread. Your thread is three pages, with 90% of the posts in said thread being "bump" .. perhaps you shouldn't bump your thread every 1-2 hours and it wouldn't be that extensive and require the "need" of a new thread.

#53 Dawnkz

Dawnkz

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

I think there's some kind of glitch thing because I can't post a topic in the Referral Center. I can post in threads, but I can't make my own topic. Is this a glitch?

#54 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

I think there's some kind of glitch thing because I can't post a topic in the Referral Center. I can post in threads, but I can't make my own topic. Is this a glitch?

Try reading the thread you just posted in.
I'll give you a hint: it isn't a glitch.

#55 Dawnkz

Dawnkz

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:48 AM

30 Day waiting limit I see? That's a stupid idea.

#56 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

No, its an excellent idea. Its to avoid users to come in, post their referral links, and leave. This section is here to help the members of CAG, not spammers.

#57 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

:rofl: Oh Folader I am so sorry that you deal with some of these people who want a new thread after 2 pages :rofl:

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#58 mkda

mkda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

30 Day waiting limit I see? That's a stupid idea.

roflmao. Posted Image

Keep up the good work Foladar!

#59 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

how many pages until i can make a new thread?
there needs to be another rule about that

We already have a rule: one thread per member.

#60 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

Another forum isn't needed for questions. We already have a thread dedicated to questions that is a sticky, and if they want, they are welcomed to make their own thread (as long as they meet the requirements and do not have one thread already) to ask questions, however that would meet their one thread.