CAGcast 80's Karaoke Contest - Sponsored by GTA: VCS (PS2) - Winner Announced!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations to our winner, theq87. Check out his performance of Careless Purchase!

A big thanks to Rockstar Games and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stores for sponsoring this event (and getting Wombat pizaid!).

1) Sign up for a free account on http://www.singshot.com/
It would be helpful (and more fun) if you use the same username that you have on CAG.

2) Record any song you wish, as long as it was originally recorded in the 80s.
There is an 80s section on the website, but it does not contain all the 80s songs in their catalog, so definitely take a look around.

3) When you are done recording your song, it will ask you to enter "tags".
Enter in cagcastgta in the tags space to enter the contest. If you forget to do this, don't worry as you can edit your song later and tag it appropriately.

Most entertaining performance (as judged by CheapyD & Wombat) receives a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stores for the PS2 and an appearance on the CAGcast. The winner will be announced on March 28th's CAGcast, so be sure to get your entries in by March 26th at the latest. Any entries after that may not be considered. One entry per person (but feel free to experiment and change your entry up until contest closing).
Contest Page on SingShot.com

I wonder if I'll still be embarrassed given that this is more or less anonymous. By the way, by "Most Entertaining" do you mean that you want something funny, terrible, or really good?

Rats , now I have to work for these contests? Bah. Bitchpissmoan...:razz:

So...can anyone suggest a decent mic (not that it would help my awful singing in any way)?

does the song we choose have to be on the 80's list ? I mean I know it has to be a song from the 80's but the song I wanted to sing wasn't on the list but somehow was still on the site. The song I want to use is from the 80's....88 to be exact if so can I still use it?

edit-oops I missed the part where you told us to look around

[quote name='rmb']Got my vote Scobie! If I had 1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words! I'm only in it for the money!!

[quote name='sying']You sound good for a 61 year old[/QUOTE]

I must be livin' right!

I highly doubt SuperD is 21 like his profile says. If he is then he must of gotten his balls chop off at an early age.

Are you guys using a USB mike? Because I tried recording with the mike from my Sennheiser gaming headset (which plugs via minijack into the sound card) and I was kind of unsatisfied with the sound. Would, say, the PS2 USB mike by Logitech that sinshot recommends be better, do you all think? And how does that work, anyway? I mean, my computer has USB ports, sure, but my Audigy 2 ZS doesn't--does XP just have the main processor do the analog to dig. conversion?

http://www.singshot.com/playPerformance.html?performanceId=242287&play=Y

GHOST BUSTAS!!!

With crazy GHOSTS!

MY BAND IS GHOSTS! AND I CAN BE A GHOST!!!!!!!

ghost-outtake.jpg

[quote name='Papageno']Are you guys using a USB mike? Because I tried recording with the mike from my Sennheiser gaming headset (which plugs via minijack into the sound card) and I was kind of unsatisfied with the sound. Would, say, the PS2 USB mike by Logitech that sinshot recommends be better, do you all think? And how does that work, anyway? I mean, my computer has USB ports, sure, but my Audigy 2 ZS doesn't--does XP just have the main processor do the analog to dig. conversion?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the PS2 USB Mic works fine. I've tested it out on my laptop and it works great. Couldn't tell you how it works, it just does.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']I am being repeatedly frustrated as I find that everything I want to sing that is on SingShot is from the 70's or the 90's.[/QUOTE]
I get the same feeling. A song will be forthcoming.

Edit: Song recorded!

"Stand" by R.E.M.

Be sure to check out the awesome solo.

Real Entry:
Stand by R.E.M.

Joke Entry:
Stand by R.E.M.

This was harder than I expected. A 300 mhz G3 doesn't have enough horsepower to do this right. I'd love to do a little Huey Lewis, but I'd have to borrow a rig or something...

well I put aside all inhabitions and entered :whistle2:\"

I don't post on the forums much but I love the CAGcast, keep up the great work guys!

lmao on the "Great Balls of Fire" kid shoehorning into the contest. I don't care if the song was re-recorded in 1989. He's missed the point of sheer 80s musical greatness, and thus the point of the contest, by a staggering level. In fact, if he's even a CAG to begin with, I'll eat my pants.

Darcy's the clear winner, BTW.

Hey, Cheapy and Wombat! Instead of Singshot user votes, you guys are judging these and will choose the winner, right? I'd hate to see that "current leader" Great Balls of Fire kid win this by rigging the contest from getting his Singshot buddies to spam votes for him.

bread's done
Back