Third Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios In Post #203)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
The First and Second Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with both going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool, along with maybe a few more that I may pick up later this week, and maybe some donated games from generous CAGs (if you'd like to donate, please PM me). This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks.

Current Prize Pool
Beyond Good and Evil (PS2)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Xbox)
Neo Contra (PS2)
Lunar Knights (DS)
GTA Vice City Stories (PS2)
Dead or Alive Ultimate (Xbox) (mint)
Metroid Prime (GC) (mint) - schuerm26
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC) - schuerm26
128MB Memory Stick Duo Entertainment Pack (Includes 128mb MS Duo Stick, MS Duo Adapter, Sonic Stage 3.0 Software, and 10 Free Downloads at Sony Connect.) (PSP) - FFMooglestar
Jak and Daxter Trilogy DVD - FFMooglestar
The Warriors (Xbox) - killswitch64

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 15.

Just head to here to create your pick set and then go here and enter the group ID# (52297) and password (cheapyd) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you. If I see people who haven't done this come Wednesday night (March 14), you will be booted. This year, it seems that Yahoo has increased the amount of people a group can hold to 250 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

I'm in too. Bracket is TheBlueWizard, but some bastard already has that ID, so my yahoo is thebluewizard74. I wonder if I'm that bastard and don't know the password....something to look into, I suppose.

TBW

I'm in. Yahoo ID is Danimal 524. Bracket name is ncaa2007 because I'm an idiot and didn't realize that was where my CAG name should have gone, then I couldn't change it. :wall:

[quote name='Danimal']I'm in. Yahoo ID is Danimal 524. Bracket name is ncaa2007 because I'm an idiot and didn't realize that was where my CAG name should have gone, then I couldn't change it. :wall:[/quote]
That's fine. As long as I can link your Yahoo ID or bracket name to here, which your post does the same thing, it's fine.

I'm in as Happy

After I and UNC both win you'll need to give me a few days to recover from the partying that I expect will take place at school

I'm in under the name CrazyTWill. And if anyone saw Terrence Williams play for my beloved Cards this year, you know he's crazy.

I'm in. Thanks Frisky:D I've missed out on the past 2 tournaments because I don't have too many friends into college b-ball and was unaware there was a bracket contest here. The team I'll be watching is Georgetown. I know there not the favorites in most peoples brackets, but they look like they can go deep. Also my bracket is named "neudogs" and if anymore info is needed just let me know, thanks:)

bread's done
Back