The Club - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

wasn't technically bad, but gave off a corny, teenage "guns are cool and so is killing shit" vibe. reminded me a bit of a 90's action movie. definitely doesn't seem like a $60 game.

I didn't really get that vibe. They didn't really go into detail over the guns or anything. It's basically run and gun and rack up a score, I honestly paid very little attention to the character or what gun I had mostly just run and shoot the targets ahead.

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#32 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

What baffles me is why isnt sprinting the default and rb for walkimg?
Posted Image

#33 SAB-CA

SAB-CA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:35 AM

What baffles me is why isnt sprinting the default and rb for walkimg?

If you're trying to pinpoint shoot by zooming, would you REALLY like to ALWAYS be stuck in a run, and need to hold 2 buttons down to calm your aiming down to a manageable speed?

Anyway, I rather enjoyed the demo. Especially because it's "Arcadey". Arcade style games I can come back to for years on end, most modern "epic" games I play through once, and that's about all I care for from their stories.

I keep hearing complaints about the lack of a "story" mode in this game, for that matter, but isn't that one of the greyed-out options?

I'm rather interested to see what all the unlockable stuff is in this game. Will it be gameplay related or just cosmetic upgrades for characters?

After all the comments I heard from the PS3 and other Nations opinions, I was expecting A LOT worse. But it's definately a fun game, and the demo has me interested!

#34 untouchablemike

untouchablemike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:07 AM

Anyone play this demo yet? It's fucking intense, and really good. If you're a score addict, check this one out, I just spent about an hour trying to improve my score.

Really fucking good shit.

#35 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:12 AM

I hated it. Very arcadey, which is okay, but in a third person shooter? Meh. Bargain bin fodder for sure.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 Bretters

Bretters

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:23 AM

I loved the arcade style, and I like third person shooters :p

I think it will make a good rental.

#37 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

The controls to me felt really, really bad. I only played it for a few minutes though. I'll give it another shot, otherwise I'll probably pick it up when it's under 10 dollars.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#38 untouchablemike

untouchablemike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:32 AM

Did you guys give it a few whirls? if you quit after one (or two) tries, try it again. After I improved, I felt it was really good.

#39 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

I thought it was fun. I like the concept. I wouldn't pay more then $30-40 for it though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

Seemed ok to me, I think it would get a bit repetetive after a while, seems like a rental or wait for a few price drops.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#41 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

I doubt it. I'm almost positive it sucks. Haven't played it yet, though.

#42 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

hmm.....if i had to go to a desert island and could only take this game or turning point.... **blows brains out**
Posted Image

#43 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

I enjoyed it. Seemed to me that this game is to normal 3rd person shooters what Burnout is to racing games. Emphasis on speed, timing, taking enemies out and score.

#44 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

it's like outtrigger, but with less speed.

#45 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

it's like outtrigger, but with less speed.

or RE4, with less awesome.

The game benefit a lot from a faster pace, more enemies that take less shots, more evasive moves, and...Fuck, I'll just say it: mouse and keyboard. just forget I said that last part :lol:

#46 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

I tried it out, and thought it was alot of fun.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#47 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:49 AM

It felt like Project Gotham Racing, but with rocket launchers instead of cars.

I'll pass.

#48 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:02 AM

I for one had a lot of fun with the demo and trying to get better scores. I think I'll really enjoy renting this one. It's not quite deep enough for $60. LOTS of fun though if you like going for better scores and perfecting chains and scoring.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#49 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:22 AM

For some reason, the game premise reminds me of something Rockstar would've released back in 2002 for the PS2. If you like linear, shoot em up games with a retarded storyline (Twisted Metal isn't the place to steal from for a good story) then get this game.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#50 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:38 AM

or RE4, with less awesome.

The game benefit a lot from a faster pace, more enemies that take less shots, more evasive moves, and...Fuck, I'll just say it: mouse and keyboard. just forget I said that last part :lol:

not the speed that out trigger had, or that lock on system. I probably need to go play that out trigger demo again.

#51 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:50 AM

I found it pretty fun. I don't know about $60 fun, more like $30 fun.

#52 sonicfreak5

sonicfreak5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

i plan to pick this up in 6 months from release when its in the bargain bin for less than $20
Posted Image

#53 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:04 AM

Not buying it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the demo. The "Get to the end of the level" event was okay, but I really like the "Run laps around the building" one better.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#54 Khondor

Khondor

I'll be Gentle..!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

I didnt find it entertaining at all.
I guess ive been spolied by great games like COD4 and Bioshock, it just does
not see like a next-gen game.

-Member: Wombat appreciation society

I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end....!

#55 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

The game sound like it has alot of replay value. I wish it had a cover system, other than that I like it and want to see more.

#56 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

The game sound like it has alot of replay value. I wish it had a cover system, other than that I like it and want to see more.

Ditto. However, one can argue that a cover system would slow down the gameplay preventing you from racking up huge combos. Perfect $20 game.
Xecutioner
CML

#57 psychobrawler

psychobrawler

A World of Pain.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

Seems like one of the best XBLA games so far. Except it ain't...
Posted Image

#58 doc_zaius

doc_zaius

Beware the beast, Man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:50 AM

It's great, I enjoyed it a lot. Like Gears of War Racing inside of a Manhunt's version of Fight Club.

#59 Bravelionheart

Bravelionheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:42 AM

I really enjoyed it. Not enough to plunk down $60, but once it hits $30 or less, I'll bite. I'm having a blast.

#60 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'm with the $30 crowd. Seems fun to find ways to chain kills to try to chain the whole level.