Space Invaders Alarm Clock - Video Review

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This is a review of the offically licensed Space Invaders Alarm Clock, purchased in Tokyo for ¥3990 ($33 US). I haven't yet found a retailer that sells them in the USA.

Digg it!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhuspHd99c0[/media]

Well, the review was pretty valuable. The clock on the other hand... Although, that's just about the best way I can imagine to spend the single most dreaded minute of my day.

I think as a rule for future video reviews, you must have the item of the previous review somewhere in the camera shot while doing the new review. (of course make no mention of it)

for example, on your next review just have the space invaders clock sitting on your desk while you do the new review.

Nice Manicure :D

PS: High hopes on the clock....until the review. I was kinda hoping the clock was shaped like a Space Invader, or might possibly even fly above your head, like a space invader, and drop bombs on your head to wake you up.

You could hold up a pillow over your face as a snooze function...but the bombs would slowly deteriorate the pillow, much like the shelter bases in the game.

Or, on the low-tech side, if would hang over your bed..and it would drop Skittles....or some form of acid....wakey-wakey time.

:p

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Geeze. You paid $30 for that? What kind of cheapassgamer wipes his ass with money?[/quote]

My loss is your gain...in video entertainment.

It's neat but not worth more than $10. They could have made a much better space invaders clock. Too bad they didn't make it better.

Pretty cool when it starts lighting up.

I don't think I would want to wake up to that chaos, though.

Reminds me of something that happened last night. I have a talking Japanese watch and I just put a new battery in it. For some reason it went off - and it's super loud and tinny - every hour last night. And I was too tired to tear through my room and locate it. It was like having a Japanese man in my room yelling the time every hour. "It's FOUR am!" (in Japenese of course)

You paid $30 for that piece of shit?

Wow. I've lost all respect for you. What's even worse is japan has some fucking awesome alarm-clocks you could have spent $30 on.

Gotta love a world where a guy can post a video review of his Space Invaders Alarm Clock(and the world collectively waits for the alarm to go off).

i enjoyed the review :)..but $33 for a clock, makes me sad in pants..
i have a cd-player alarm clock, but it doesnt seem to follow 60 seconds, i just left it, and it woke me up 35 mins before it was actually supposed to go off...yea :(

Good review of the Playstation clock. Haha, oh and by the way. CheapyD what exactly is your "job"? I never really understood that, and do you really get to write games off as a business expense?

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n'] do you really get to write games off as a business expense?[/quote]

don't forget the toys...robocop dolls, knight rider cars, streetfighter noise makers etc...

Thirty-three bucks for that piece of shit!

I don't know what's worse, the fact that there charging that much for junk or that so called clock can be written off as a tax deduction.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Good review of the Playstation clock. Haha, oh and by the way. CheapyD what exactly is your "job"? I never really understood that, and do you really get to write games off as a business expense?[/QUOTE]

his job is cheapassgamer.com

That clock is more annoying then the standard beep.

I also love the fact that cheapy said I get up pretty much when ever. So I'll never use it.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Pretty cool when it starts lighting up.

I don't think I would want to wake up to that chaos, though.

Reminds me of something that happened last night. I have a talking Japanese watch and I just put a new battery in it. For some reason it went off - and it's super loud and tinny - every hour last night. And I was too tired to tear through my room and locate it. It was like having a Japanese man in my room yelling the time every hour. "It's FOUR am!" (in Japenese of course)[/quote]
Wow that sounds like a pretty cool watch, I want one. :)

And the SI clock.. It might be good for traveling to use in a hotel or something, but it's too much money for it. I'd pay maybe $15 for it.

bread's done
Back