Baten Kaitos Origins for $10 @ Coconuts (YMMV?)

Drakken

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
This past Tuesday, I stopped in at the local Coconuts (Toms River, NJ), and they had some games marked with Sale tags. One that caught my eye was Baten Kaitos Origins (yeah, the newer one) for only $9.99 (usually $39.99).

I'm not sure how Coconuts stores work, so I don't know if this is a chain-wide sale price or if it's just for this location. Figured I'd let people know, just in case it's on sale at other Coconuts stores as well.

FYI, True Swing Golf was $9.99 as well.

too bad the gamecube selection at local FYE store is so bare that I dont think I will be able to find it.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']wow good price, i would jump on it if i just knew what a Coconuts store is =P lol[/QUOTE]

It's a music/movies/games store owned by Trans World Entertainment. Some of their other stores that you may have heard of include FYE, Wherehouse, Suncoast, and Sam Goody.

One of my last Gamecube wants. If not THE last. Anyone gets this ill reimburse them and throw in an extra $1 or something.

I wonder if this is YMMV?

I would definitely get this game for $10. It's the last GC game I want besides a few Mario titles (Strikers, Baseball, and Party 6).

[quote name='Drakken']It's a music/movies/games store owned by Trans World Entertainment. Some of their other stores that you may have heard of include FYE, Wherehouse, Suncoast, and Sam Goody.[/QUOTE]

They own Best Buy too, right?

Hit the local Coconuts and found one copy of BK:O... sure enough, $9.99

Picked that up and the non-anniversary edition of Pink Floyd's The Wall on DVD for $6.99 (regular $14.99, the 25th Anniversary edition is $24.99)

[quote name='trunks982']do they ring up 9.99? i went to fye, but it isnt priced 9.99.[/QUOTE]

It was tagged with a sale sticker at $9.99... it also rang up that way. The Pink Floyd DVD I bought rang up with the $14.99 price, but was tagged at $6.99

[quote name='shajek']Hit the local Coconuts and found one copy of BK:O... sure enough, $9.99

Picked that up and the non-anniversary edition of Pink Floyd's The Wall on DVD for $6.99 (regular $14.99, the 25th Anniversary edition is $24.99)[/quote]
Could someone pick one up for me :) I've never seen a Coconuts before in my life.

Gonna check my local FYE and see if it's $10.

I was planning to go because the scutlebut is that you can get 4 Funimation titles for $20. Select titles (ie older.) Was gonna check that out too.

Transworld Entertainment is in the process of turning over all their various storebrands into FYE. They are a different company then the one that owned Sam Goody / Suncoast (Whom I think went completely out of business now) and they don't own Best Buy either.

Wow, glad to hear it seems to be $9.99 everywhere. :)

If they still have a copy next time I pass by, I'll pick it up for someone here. There was only one left after I bought mine, though.

thanks op :D

picked one up and another for CAGs. $15 shipped (money order only) or willing to trade for one of the following (new and sealed copies only):

edit: sold

also saw at FYE:

pikmin 2 (GC) - new $10
dk junglebeat w/bongos - new $10
donkey konga 2 w/bongos - new $15

Got the last one at my loacl FYE. Unfortunately, no Funimation deal. Guess it's not in our region yet. They're still doing the $10 off Geon Disks $25 and over.

Checked two FYEs in my area. Their GameCube section was non-existent. Each store just had a small shelf with some used games.

Score.

Bought the only 9.99 copy of Baten Kaitos: Origins they had.

Noticed they severly reduced the PSP rackage - mostly the UMD movies were gone. Only a handful now....

In Chicago.. Coconuts, Sam Goody, Suncoast, Tower Records and there was one more i can not remember for the life of me, are not existant.. they all shut down. but we do have the overpriced crappy FYE. boo. maybe that coconuts was going out of bidness?

[quote name='briansraregames']I also noticed that Club House Games for DS was $19.99 at FYE...not too shabby![/quote] I saw that too. But for a game I think should have been released at $20, I can't buy it on sale when everything within me says I should be able to buy it at BB for $15 with GGC. Blah...

I got the only copy of BK:O at my FYE. Sorry, no extras. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I had resigned myself to never getting this game when it became the last GCN release (essentially). I thought they would remain at regular price until the last of the few even produced was sold at $40.

Scored the last copy of BK: Origins for $9.99 in my Jefferson Valley Mall FYE in NY.

The Nintendo Section was horribly small.. the PS2/PS3 and XBOX sections had a fairly big selection.

Thanks guys!

Fuzz-man

Well I guess I have to say it was YMMV. Passed by an FYE in Brunswick and it was 19.99 and marked at 19.99 :/

But I can say from this bad thing I did snag a copy of SKYGUNNER for 14.99 so I'm happy with that ^_^

No luck here. I tried 2 different FYEs today, and no sign of BK:O here. Someone must've beaten me to it, since I know I'd seen a copy of it there just a few weeks ago at $40 still. I didn't see Clubhouse Games at either one of either. I don't even know if I want it, but at $20 I'd at least consider it.

Thanks OP, got the last one in the Toms River store. They did NOT seem happy about selling it to meat $9.99 when the sticker said $39.99. :)

[quote name='jrzshore']Thanks OP, got the last one in the Toms River store. They did NOT seem happy about selling it to meat $9.99 when the sticker said $39.99. :)[/QUOTE]

WTF, guess I was one of the unlucky few? Did you ask to adjust the price or did it just window up? I asked for a price check and the cashier said it was 19.99, unless its 9.99 after total? BAH.....:(

[quote name='spmahn']They are a different company then the one that owned Sam Goody / Suncoast (Whom I think went completely out of business now).[/quote]

Not quite, Sam Goody (or what was left of it) is now part of the FYE family. When I was in my local Sam Goody (Bloomington, MN), they were trying to force some FYE club down my throut. But anyway, this deal is available at Sam Goody; I might even start playing my super cheap version of BK:O later this evening.

bread's done
Back