My Reviews/Interviews *Update: Lux-Pain, Gardening Mama

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Reviews (Most recent at the top):
Oh, and please if you like my writing, I'd appreciate the Digg, it's in the "Bookmark and Blog This" section. Thanks.

Lux Pain (Nintendo DS)
Gardening Mama (Nintendo DS)
Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
Boing Docomodake DS (Nintendo DS)
Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 (Xbox 360)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Touchmaster 2 (DS)
My Japanese Coach (DS)
NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
Preview LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Preview Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
NBA Ballers: Chosen One (PS3)
Culdcept Saga (Xbox 360
Luxor Pharoah's Challenge (DS)
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
Hour of Victory (Xbox 360)
Transformers the Game (Wii)
Guitar Hero III (360)
Shrek the Third (360)
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia (PS2)
Nintendo at E3
Fallout 3 Preview
Heavenly Sword PS3
Forza Motorsport 2 Xbox 360
Earth Defense Force 2017 Xbox 360
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Xbox 360
Death Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom (DS)
Fuzion Frenzy 2 Review (360)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokan Tenkaichi 2 (Wii)
Wii Play

Yep, I figured since a bunch of people here post their reviews, I'd throw mine into the mix. Feel free to comment if you like, I could use all the criticism as long as it's constructive, it's the only way to become a better writer.

I'll throw in my features/interviews here, too:

Interview with Winifred Phillips - SPEED RACER: THE VIDEOGAME

Interview with Aaron Loeb - Battle of the Bands
Interview Masakazu Tagawa - Eco Creatures: Save the Forest

Johnathan Boakes Interview - The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure
Play! A Video Game Symphony
My interview with Cris Velasco & Sascha Dikiciyan- Composers of the TMNT games music
Interview with Evan Lorentz for Stargate Online Trading Card Game
Interview With David Foster, Programmer Dragon's Lair
Interview with Jeremy Soule Composer of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, KotOR, Harry Potter, and more

Photo Albums
Assorted Screenshots, E3, and Other Game Related Stuff
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground/Call of Duty 4 Community Day Photo Album (08.09.07)

Last edited by a moderator:
You like the game a whole lot more than anyone else I heard from. I gave it a 2 out of 5, I think.

I would've have liked to see more talk about the gameplay itself. You spend paragraphs discussing the mediocre graphics, but don't mention a single mini-game's mechanics. Isn't that more important than using cards or camera angles?

By the way, Blitz games developed the first one, not Hudson.

And one more thing: I suggest bumping up the font size on your site. Looking at 1000 tiny words is a daunting sight for any prospective reader.

I don't mean to call your baby ugly, bro. I'm just giving you some constructive criticism to help you in the future.

I appreciate it, I really do. I just didn't think people wanted to hear about the minigames in great detail, maybe that's just me, though.

I didn't make a mistake of saying that Hudson made the first game, though. I just said it was a sequel.

As for the site and the font size, that's not my call, but I'll mention it to the boss.

Coming from a professional, though, I'll take all your constructive criticism and keep it in mind for my next review. Thanks for looking at least.

Unfortunately, the site was down for 2 days because of unexplained server issues. It's now back up and the links are good, plus you can now see my interview with the composer of the score from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and so many others.

Yeah, for the time being it's done that way. I also host the DreamStation.cc Video Game Show and will be looking to get interviews with people on the show, but for now we wanted to just get into the swing of doing a regular show. When we do I'll just link to it from here.

And if anyone is curious as to what will be coming up:
Ar Tonelico (PS2)
MLB 2K7 (360)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360)
Spider-Man 3 (360)
Shrek the Third (360)

and possibly a Forza 2 interview if they ever get back to me.

Big update. The site was relaunched with a sweet new look and I've got plenty of featured articles, both reviews and otherwise.

The one article I was interested in doesn't load. Gives an, "Oops, file not found" page.

The Jeremy Soule interview.

I just checked some more, a lot of those links don't work. Seems to be the older ones.

There it should be fixed now, I guess the site redesign moved those to another spot. They had to be reformatted and all that jazz, but they're still there. Sorry.

Also, there's a review of Shrek the Third for the 360 and my coverage of the Play! Symphony event in San Jose, CA.

Hour of Victory just posted...late, but oh well. Also, if anyone cares, we've brought back our podcast, we've done two shows and are approaching show #100, so hope you enjoy the new format after a long hiatus.

Added a review of Zack & Wiki, Luxor Pharoah's Challenge for the DS and an interview with Johnathan Boakes who created The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure. We've also got a new episode of the DreamStation.cc Show online if you want to give it a listen.

Added Culdcept Saga into the mix. We've also got an interview with Hudson about Deca Sports on our podcast, check that out here if you want to give it a listen. Thanks.

Managed to score an interview with Aaron Loeb who worked on the new Wii game Battle of the Bands. Check it out, please. Thanks!

Now online are Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (I know it's late, but I rented the game and liked it so much I wanted to write it up) and God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP. Thanks for looking.

Nice review on 2k9, I agree on most of the parts you posted. I agreed the most when you said you "really got to want to learn how to play the game and get in-depth with the game", but I found it as a very passable game for a novice. It not a requirement to have fun but taking time to learn the moves is an absolute must to win at the higher levels. Basically I found that the game is really about growing and always changing to the environment. You have to always improve your game because the AI will adapt to you and the Living Rosters (which is genius) will keep you on your toes and like you were playing in the real season.

You keeping up with The Other Season at all?

Thanks for the comments. I'm not because I don't have much time left to keep on with the game as I've moved on to the next reviews. Plus, to be quite honest I'm not that good at the game.

Updated to include My Japanese Coach. Touchmaster 2 should be coming up soon. Followed by Far Cry 2, NBA Live 2009, Prince of Persia, Gears of War 2 and more.

bread's done
Back