Rare gamecube games

Beyond Good & Evil, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time and The Legend Of Zelda: Collectors Edition. There's probably more, I just can't seem to think of any right now.

NCAA Basketball 2ksomeyear. I'm sure there's already a list somewhere handy.

[quote name='Epiphonestrat']Beyond Good & Evil, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time and The Legend Of Zelda: Collectors Edition. There's probably more, I just can't seem to think of any right now.[/quote]
None of those are rare by any means. Zelda and Ikaruga are pricey and in demand, but easy to track down. BG&E and PoP: Sands of Time might be a little scarce depending on where you are, but they can be tracked down too. And of course, all three are worth owning in any Gamecube collection.

And the basketball game Ziv is thinking of is NCAA 2K3. From what I've heard, Sega had decided to stop publishing their sports game line on the Cube shortly after the game was released and didn't produce many copies.

Here's some other games I hardly ever see and have read about elsewhere:

Rally Championship
Pokemon Box
Bust A Move 3000
Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II
Disney Sports Basketball
Dragon's Lair 3D
Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition

Reprinted games that were once believed to be rarities:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Cubivore
Gotcha Force
Rave Master

Around me it's like almost every game that isn't Mario is rare, I say if you see a game you think you want to play eventually scoop it up now.

[quote name='Ziv']NCAA Basketball 2ksomeyear. I'm sure there's already a list somewhere handy.[/quote]

2K3, sir

Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire goes for $200+ on eBay consistently because the game was only available online from Nintendo's store for a limited time.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']wasnt one of the backyard sports games real rare too?[/QUOTE]

Backyard Baseball for Gameboy Advance might be what you're thinking of.

It was either reprinted or might have lost its demand when subsequent BYBB games were released.

For the record, let's just amend the term "rare" to mean "difficult to find at cheap prices" so this thread doesn't fall apart.

There are a couple digimon games for the gamecube that are very rare, I think it may have been Digimon Rumble Arena 2 that is very rare with copies going for 80$+ on ebay.

Pokemon box is probably the most expensive rare game with copies going for 150$-200$ and more consistently on ebay, as this was an online-only order game, coincidentally when the online order was available the game only cost 20$ (about 27$ for me with pokemon center's outrageous shipping!). But yes I do have a copy, I use it constantly but I will never sell it.

[quote name='DocRamon']it needed to be said again...[/quote]

He posted this in all the systems. Maybe just trying to get a list so he can look for games to resell? I can almost guarantee he doesn't want them to play.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']is BGandE really that rare?[/QUOTE]
Yes! I found a copy at Circuit City about 4 years ago for $1.99 and it was not sealed. I sold it on Ebay for $43.00. Now that was 4 years ago. I don't know what it's going for now though.

[quote name='David85']Why do you want rare game and not good games?[/quote]

Exactly!

He says he is getting a Wii, so he wants rare games? The Wii plays common games too I think. ;)

[quote name='Krymner']Wasn't Starfox Adventures the only GC game developed by Rare? Or was there another one.....[/quote]it was their last game with nintendo

I've never seen a Mario Tennis box before. Ever. I don't even know what it looks like.

I think Cubivore is pretty rare. I've only seen it once, and that was at some hole in the wall store somewhere in Vermont.

[quote name='maigoyume']rare made some pretty awesome games mind you[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they've been on a steady decline... I think Perfect Dark on the 64 was their last great game.

[quote name='d00k']
I think Cubivore is pretty rare. I've only seen it once, and that was at some hole in the wall store somewhere in Vermont.[/quote]
Cubivore was reprinted by GQD a while back. For quite a while, every GameStop I went to had a "used" copy at $29.99. Nowadays I don't see it quite that much, but there are still a few GameStops around here that have it in stock. I think it's gonna be a little scarce in the long run, but not too hard to track down.

I have a few of those Disney sport game except the disney basketball i think.. have never seen the disney basketball for cube before

wasn't mario tennis a greatest hits title? I saw it a million times at walmarts over the year. I don't know where you all are coming from at all on this one. Rare my ass.

[quote name='Purkeynator']wasn't mario tennis a greatest hits title? I saw it a million times at walmarts over the year. I don't know where you all are coming from at all on this one. Rare my ass.[/QUOTE]

Tennis was a best seller but not a Player's Choice. I see used copies (at $45) in a lot of the local EB/Gamestops. I also found a disk only copy for $9 a few months ago.

[quote name='Purkeynator']wasn't mario tennis a greatest hits title? I saw it a million times at walmarts over the year. I don't know where you all are coming from at all on this one. Rare my ass.[/QUOTE]

Your ass is rare or do you just speak out of it?

Mario Power Tennis is a "Best Seller" even before it came out. It was never rereleased as a Player Choice game.

And have you seen it at Walmart recently? A lot of the time people go "I just saw...." and when asked when it was they went "2-3 months ago".

Folks, wasnt it determined earlier in the thread that this chap wasnt interested in rare games for playing, but rather ones to flip on ebay.

EA's NCAA Football games are very uncommon as well, so good looking and you should be able to come up with one. Gun is also hardly ever seen in this area on the cube but just uncommon not rare.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']03. Eternal Darkness[/quote]

Eternal Darkness really isn't that rare, stuff like Resident Evil 2, 3 & Code: Veronica is rarer than ED.

Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs New Generation is pretty rare. I was luck enough to snatch it up when I bought my gamecube a few years ago.

bread's done
Back