Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
12007 replies to this topic

#8491 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

It can control your mind! Either that, or fry it, because his price is beyond crazy.

http://wichita.craig...2839837880.html

Reminds me of the people who sell burned games for $10. What's sad is that other people buy them. A friend of mine used to make a ton of money selling burned CD's at the swap meet for $5 each.

#8492 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Some people don't have the bandwidth to download games or are not familiar with how to get them. Plus nowadays you have to use a special dvd burner (which is easily available) to burn games now.

#8493 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Not too far off it's worth, surprisingly.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c3d0b287

It's basically a 60 GB backwards compatible launch system with a bad laser, which can can be fixed for under $100. The $100 price is on the high side, but not in the realm of roflmao territory.

Wow. I didn't know they went for that high!

#8494 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

If there are people selling modded systems on CL, I usually ignore them. However, if they are including burned games/loaded with roms and emulators and the asking price reflects the inclusion of games, I'll flag them.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#8495 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hah, some asswipe was trying to sell a used Vita for a good bit more than MSRP, claiming they aren't available anywhere. So I called him out with a short list of stores right in his area with them in-stock. I usually don't troll people like that, but I felt the need to be a dick to this guy.

He came back with the typical "Get a job, get a life, or maybe you're just jealous you can't afford one because you're on welfare"-type of response. I got a good laugh out of it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#8496 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hah, some asswipe was trying to sell a used Vita for a good bit more than MSRP, claiming they aren't available anywhere. So I called him out with a short list of stores right in his area with them in-stock. I usually don't troll people like that, but I felt the need to be a dick to this guy.

He came back with the typical "Get a job, get a life, or maybe you're just jealous you can't afford one because you're on welfare"-type of response. I got a good laugh out of it.

That reminds me. We went to BBY last night. GF saw a lone copy of Katamari, came to find me to show me. As she walked back to put it back, an employee nearby was just putting up a copy on the shelf. After he realized we weren't buying it, he puts the second copy back behind the counter....

Some poor soul might have bought a copy, thinking it was the last one left, and try to sell it on CL.

#8497 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

That reminds me. We went to BBY last night. GF saw a lone copy of Katamari, came to find me to show me. As she walked back to put it back, an employee nearby was just putting up a copy on the shelf. After he realized we weren't buying it, he puts the second copy back behind the counter....

Some poor soul might have bought a copy, thinking it was the last one left, and try to sell it on CL.

That's hilarious. No shortage of incidents of artificial demand in the videogame industry through manufacturer/supply limitation, but I've never heard of it on the retail end before. Wonder if Sony was paying Best Buy a little extra to perform such tactics, or if it was all Best Buy's idea (either that local store, or a national tactic). In either case, how incredibly shady. And I too saw only one copy of various Vita games at a Best Buy...until I walked past the videogame inventory cage and saw stacks of each game and tons of the system LOL.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#8498 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

That's hilarious. No shortage of incidents of artificial demand in the videogame industry through manufacturer/supply limitation, but I've never heard of it on the retail end before. Wonder if Sony was paying Best Buy a little extra to perform such tactics, or if it was all Best Buy's idea (either that local store, or a national tactic). In either case, how incredibly shady. And I too saw only one copy of various Vita games at a Best Buy...until I walked past the videogame inventory cage and saw stacks of each game and tons of the system LOL.

Unless it's more of a matter of theft prevention, since the Vita games come in smaller cases? Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty shady.

#8499 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Unless it's more of a matter of theft prevention, since the Vita games come in smaller cases? Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty shady.

They don't do it for DS/3DS games though.

#8500 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Some people don't have the bandwidth to download games or are not familiar with how to get them. Plus nowadays you have to use a special dvd burner (which is easily available) to burn games now.

Patience, Google, and a computer made within the last ten years pretty much make those moot points.

#8501 shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hmmmmmmm..
THoughts?
http://cnj.craigslis...2866917197.html

#8502 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

This is what passes for a deal in Milwaukee.

http://milwaukee.cra...2867563368.html

Ps3 great condition - $700 (Milwaukee)

Date: 2012-02-23, 6:55PM CST
Reply to: hjdcr-2867563368@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Obo selling my ps3 with three remotes with nine great titles 4146402437

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I think he should stick with "or best offer" on this one. Probably 6 different years of madden, two of nba live, and a call of duty game included.

Not the worst of the vita resellers, but it amazes me how people can be so frivolous with buying things and then changing their mind.

http://milwaukee.cra...2866777054.html

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
3g Ps vita w/ little deviants brand new - $280 (menomonee falls)

Date: 2012-02-23, 11:58AM CST
Reply to: kfqft-2866777054@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

so im 17 and have an xbox, lap top and ps3...i have no clue why i bought the vita. i dont need it what so ever and its not somthing i can see myself using.. but thats just me. so im just trying to get money back. i bought for 350 with the game so its a good deal.
comes with:
Charger
sim card for At&t ....you have to sign up for it...but if you do.. you get a free game on psn store.
little divenants
and a 8gig sd card for it
again this is brand new im just an idiot. i dont need it but im sure you want it.
txt me at 262 eight nine four 51 eight five.. and ill try and send you a pick.
this is a pick of what kind it is..not the actual one.. but there exact same lol
if ur serious i could lower the price or ill even consider a trade of some sort

Actually that vita setup isn't a bad deal at all. Surprised nobody bought it.

And then there's this shit.

http://milwaukee.cra...2866678875.html

WIFI PSVITA - $300 (MILWAUKEE)

Date: 2012-02-23, 11:11AM CST
Reply to: xtbng-2866678875@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Just bought wifi vita yesterday still got the box 4 gig memory card and demos on it 4142928911 NO TRADES NO LOWBALLS PRICE IS FIRM

Is anyone else seeing a lot of sad looking psp bundles lately?
Like this set, with all the usual suspects of awful psp games, and a bonus broken piece of crap, all yours for just...

Ultimate PlayStation Portable (PSP) Package - $350 (milwaukee Oak Creek)

Date: 2012-02-22, 7:57PM CST
Reply to: 4whgk-2865862165@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Ultimate PlayStation Portable (PSP) Package
Package includes a barely used working PSP with screen protector and owners manual, accessories, games, and movies. $350 o.b.o.

Accessories:
- 2 wall chargers
- PSP case/stand
- 2 Screen protectors (1 already applied)
- 3 UMD case holders with memory stick holders
- An extra battery
- PSP headphone adapter for easy controls
- a 4.0GB SanDisk memory stick pro duo w/ adapter
- a 1.0 GB SanDisk memory stick pro duo w/ adapter
- a 256mb SanDisk memory stick pro duo w/ adapter
- 2 soft screen cloths
- PSP wrist strap
- USB cord
Games: with cases and instructions
- Ape Escape on the Loose
- Dead to Rights: Reckoning
- NBA Live '06
- SSX on Tour: snowboarding
- EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
- Midnight Club 3: Dub edition
- Splinter Cell: Essentials
- Socom U.S Navy Seals: Fire team Bravo
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour
- Madden '06
- World Championship Poker 2
- MVP Baseball
- Virtua Tennis World Tour
- Twisted Metal: Head-On
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix
- FIFA soccer '06
- Smack Down vs. Raw '06
Movies:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl
- National Treasure
- Gone in 60 Seconds
- Coyote Ugly
- Dumb and Dumber: Unrated
- The Bourne Identity
- Pulp Fiction
Extras:
- a non working PSP for parts
- Max Media: media manager software for pc to PSP

email or text Tony at 414-736-3226.

Especially funny are the $150/$200 psp go listings crawling out of the sewage, hoping to fund a vita to play more sports and licensed titles on.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#8503 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Sorry for the double post but this is too good.

http://milwaukee.cra...2864704869.html

controls (west allis)

Date: 2012-02-22, 9:51AM CST
Reply to: zppp6-2864704869@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have now 2 controls ps1 & ps2
dnt use it nomore hit me up 414 817 2769
10 each 1

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

http://milwaukee.cra...2860125911.html

PSP and ALL! - $125 (west bend)

Date: 2012-02-21, 9:18PM CST
Reply to: 5jjwh-2860125911@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi everyone we are selling are psp with the psp itself the box it came in with all the cases and head phone stuff and 6 games! The store stilll sells psps for 5 hundred dollars only asking 125 WITH 6 games! We just don't use it no more and is sitting around the house because we are 2 busy. great late holiday gift! Can. Send pictures upon request. Obo

People are just plain shitty.

http://milwaukee.cra...2864000728.html

PSP2 - $60 (MILWAUKEE)

Date: 2012-02-21, 7:31PM CST
Reply to: 4wcn7-2864000728@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

PSP 2 W/2GAMES 2 CONTROLS AND MEMORY CARD FOR $60

PostingID: 2864000728

#8504 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

Sorry for the double post but this is too good.

controls (west allis)

Date: 2012-02-22, 9:51AM CST
Reply to: zppp6-2864704869@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have now 2 controls ps1 & ps2
dnt use it nomore hit me up 414 817 2769
10 each 1

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

That's a steal in comparison to my craigslist. Get a ps1 generic memory card for the loooow price of $20.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#8505 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

"controls" is the best title for any gaming craigslist ad, I think.

#8506 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

Date: 2012-02-22, 6:29PM CST
Reply to: 7vds6-2865730187@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
We are a poor couple that was trying hard to have our own kids, but we couldn't. My wife can't carry a baby herself ( intestinal problem). So we are looking for someone to carry a baby for us after placing our zygote ( our sperm and egg combination) into her body. We will pay cash after she delivers our baby and does all the transaction paperworks. We prefer non-AA woman instead. If you're non-AA and interested in this position, please send us an email and your picture. Thanks.

Seems like a great payout. :lol:

#8507 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

I saw this in my local Craiglist. They're hard to find! (no link because they left their phone number)

Original Nintendo Entertainment System with rare Games - $200

Date: 2012-02-22, 8:08PM EST
Reply to:

Selling a Original Nintendo Entertainment System with 14 games, two controllers and a gray nintendo zapper. I just had the system cleaned at a gaming store and plays great. Games some of the games included are very hard to find, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros with Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet, Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, Super Tecmo Bowl, Rad Racer, Jordan Vs Bird, Nintendo World Cup, Joe & Mac, Contra, Wrestlemania, The Goonies 2, Castlevania comes with case and booklet like new copy, Section Z comes with booklet and case too. These games are all in great condition with covers still on. Look up some of the game prices some of these games go for $20 apiece and are hard to find. May take $180 cash only please email or text
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8508 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Good thing I checked Craigslist this morning 'cause I didn't know that a Gamecube with four unknown disc-only games is worth at least $150.

#8509 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hmmmmmmm..
THoughts?

Looks fine to me. I checked the Contra 3 price on Amazon and the cheapest price for the box, instructions and game was 49.99. So I'm assuming the rest of his prices are around the ballpark.

Ebay's closest price is $30 for the game, no box.

#8510 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

A complete Contra III sold for $25 on eBay last night.

#8511 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Great Condition Wii Drums - $150 (Murrieta,CA)

Date: 2012-02-24, 3:47PM PST
Reply to:
Up for sale is a Band Hero Drum set for the Nintendo Wii game console. Drum set is the newer "Band Hero" style drums as shown in the photos. Drum set is in Grade A condition and is tested and guaranteed fully working!

You will get the following:

Wireless Band Hero Drum Set
Foot Pedal
Cymbals
Drum Sticks

Compatible with the following games (as of 6-1-10)

Rock Band 2
Rock Band Lego
Rock Band Green Day
Band Hero
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero Metallica
Guitar Hero Smash Hits

Band Hero Drums Features:

With the drum kit, Activision and Red Octane sought to cut down the bulk in both packaged and bundled form from the Guitar Hero World Tour design. With a smaller frame that breaks down into more parts, the Band Hero design takes up less floorspace and comes in a significantly smaller box. Due to the size and weight reduction of most of the parts, assembly is a lot less of a hassle. Those who used the World Tour drum kit will notice that the supporting crossbar between the legs has been removed, giving users a little extra leg room. Instead, Activision dropped the crossbar to the bottom, giving users a fixed location to place the redesigned kick pedal. The new kickpedal features three cutaways for gripping onto the crossbar. If you're one of those who likes to place the pedal off to the side, don't fret, Activision has added a little extra length to the kick pedal wire so you have plenty of room for expansion. Similarly, double bass pedal fans will be happy to note that they have also added a second port to the rear panel of the frame for dual bass pedal connections instead of requiring players to use a splitter.

Another handy revision to the design is the reorganization of the controls from the top portion of the frame to the front, bringing the necessary control buttons closer to the player. The way the Wiimote connects to the drums has also been revised, going from a built-in cutaway accessed by a removable panel to a completely detachable control pod. With the detachable Wiimote pod, users no longer have to battle with the entire frame of the drumset in order to attach the controller, instead they have to battle with a small, lightweight plastic box. We wouldn't go as far as to say that the process of connecting a Wiimote is easy now, but it isn't quite as cumbersome as it once was. Users will still find themselves struggling to make the connector and wrist strap fit within the confines of the controller cutaway, but at least you can do it without a fear of tipping over the entire drumset in frustration. Unfortunately the Wiimote pod design still lacks a passthrough for the wriststrap, but hey, small victories, right?

• it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posted Image Posted Image

PostingID: 2869276453

#8512 shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

HA HA HA... seriously??
http://southjersey.c...2864724303.html

#8513 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

hahahaha, I still have my 3.5 floppy drive

#8514 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hmmmmmmm..
THoughts?

Talk him down to $175 and you might have an okay deal for collecting purposes. Not long ago I saw FF2 and 3 boxes for around $8 each--it's hard to believe people will pay $30-40 for them when they're in a CIB.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#8515 Firvagor

Firvagor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

This guy's been putting up random trade proposals, but really?
http://nh.craigslist...2868745953.html

#8516 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

This guy's been putting up random trade proposals, but really?
http://nh.craigslist...2868745953.html

This guy wants to trade for a firearm or a female chiuaua. LMAO

#8517 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

Too bad this thread is only for stupid CL ads or I'd post some of the responses I've received from my ad for a 60gb PS3, which include everything from a $40 "offer" to a trade for an iPhone(even though I said NO TRADES).

Some people are nice about it, but as usual some are just rude mf'ers. It's hilarious. Seeing as how I paid nearly nothing for it I shoulda taken one of the highest offers($120) and been done with it. But I'm holding out hope there's one person out on CL who will just buy it without much haggling.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8518 shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

oh Cheapy, post post post!

#8519 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Too bad this thread is only for stupid CL ads or I'd post some of the responses I've received from my ad for a 60gb PS3, which include everything from a $40 "offer" to a trade for an iPhone(even though I said NO TRADES).
:booty:

We could probably have a separate thread for just replys to CL ads. I'm currently listing a PSP Go that I don't want. Despite describing everything in detail I still get questions about details I listed in the ad (what about "factory sealed" do they not understand?). I actually started accepting trade offers because I would still get responses asking to trade despite explicitly saying no trades.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8520 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

This isn't a game, but still a "holy shit, that's stupid".

http://sandiego.crai...2865542616.html

J.R.R. Tolkien - $400 (Valley Center )
J.R.R. Tolkien books lord of the rings do not no much about them i know they have a high dollar amount . We checked on the value and it's about $5900.00 or so.
E-mail if interested