Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#8641 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Many parents will pay any price to satisfy their whining/crying kids.

Hell in my day my dad would smack me in the back of the head if I wanted a video game that costed $100+.

#8642 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Many parents will pay any price to satisfy their whining/crying kids.

Hell in my day my dad would smack me in the back of the head if I wanted a video game that costed $100+.

Yea, I don't understand either. Tickle Me Elmo, anyone?

#8643 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

It really boils down to choice. If someone is willing to pay that much for those, than more power to them.

But it does act as a deterrent for those who wanted to get into the game but doesn't want to deal with after market mark ups like those. Again, I can't blame the flippers for making money off of desperate folks with money, but I still think it sucks for those who want them for their kids.

#8644 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

It really boils down to choice. If someone is willing to pay that much for those, than more power to them.

But it does act as a deterrent for those who wanted to get into the game but doesn't want to deal with after market mark ups like those. Again, I can't blame the flippers for making money off of desperate folks with money, but I still think it sucks for those who want them for their kids.

Yea, but there's still the bandwagon mentality. If every kid can get it, it might not be as desirable, then your kid won't want it, and it'll be a moot point.

Kids want iStuff cause it's hip, for example. I think statistically, minors have the (slight) majority of iDevices, with the rest wanting them.

#8645 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yea, I don't understand either. Tickle Me Elmo, anyone?

LOL, its funny cause my mom went crazy and bulldozed a lady to get me a tickle me elmo during the craze. Still sits at her house and reminds me how much she loves me and how crazy she is.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#8646 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Its not like our cars can run on something other than gas. You cant escape gasoline.

Technically the people on Mythbusters proved that if you have a diesel powered car you could run old deep fryer grease in place of diesel on one of their shows. So at least for those driving Volvos or whatever other cars run on diesel that IS a viable option.;)

Yes, but HHGregg also is a store that price haggles, so they price their stuff up to give some wiggle room. It was pointed out by another CAG that somewhere on their pricing labels, the lowest price they can go is coded into it, which is at or maybe slightly lower than MSRP.

HHGregg haggles on price? I have NEVER considered haggling on price(either buying or selling) anywhere except for the local game store by my house. I figured I would be laughed out of the store at places like Sears/Kmart if I tried to get a cheaper price. But I know it's not unheard of for people to try and as they say you never know until you try.

But if I saw someone in a normal corporation run retail store trying to get a lower price on something by haggling with the clerks I'd probably just chuckle and shake my head.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8647 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Technically the people on Mythbusters proved that if you have a diesel powered car you could run old deep fryer grease in place of diesel on one of their shows. So at least for those driving Volvos or whatever other cars run on diesel that IS a viable option.;)

Yes I know about this Biodiesel option. Although it isn't as viable as you say.

One, you need to have a diesel vehicle, which I don't. (Though I don't know the statistics of diesel vs. gasoline vehicle owners) Then you have the issue of converting your diesel engine to run on biodiesel. Then you have to find a steady supply of the biodiesel. (From my understanding, unless you own a restaurant or can get a restaurant to give or sell it to you, it would rule that out)

#8648 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

But it is still an option for those with the diesel powered vehicles. As for having to convert the engine, I really thought the people on MB ran straight biodiesel w/o modifications on one of the tests.

Posted Image

#8649 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

http://cnj.craigslis...2940970756.html

In box Nintendo NES Action Set withChip n dale rescue rangers 2 - $180

the box is in good condition along with the console and games comes with all the original manuals and comes with mariobros/duck hunt, yoshi, and chip n dale rescue rangers 2 which is a rare game i also have the original baggy's that the adaptors to the console come in

#8650 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

http://cnj.craigslis...2940970756.html

In box Nintendo NES Action Set withChip n dale rescue rangers 2 - $180

the box is in good condition along with the console and games comes with all the original manuals and comes with mariobros/duck hunt, yoshi, and chip n dale rescue rangers 2 which is a rare game i also have the original baggy's that the adaptors to the console come in

That really isn't that bad at all. That NES looks pretty damn minty, and Chip n Dale 2 goes for 80-100 on ebay.

#8651 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

you serious? 80-100? That I did not know.

#8652 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

take a look at this crap

http://greenville.cr...942935756.html

I just flagged that bad boy "Best of Craigslist"
Posted Image

#8653 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

http://denver.craigs...2950623211.html

EarthBound SNES - $500 (Lakewood co)

Date: 2012-04-10, 12:07PM MDT
Reply to: xxc58-2950623211@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Earthbound for the SNES system. Includes game, guide, and box. Box has very mild wear almost like new. Call Jeremy at 303-859-3404 for more information.

I know Earthbound is valuable but this seems a bit high...

#8654 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

He probably saw this auction and thought his asking price would be reasonable:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item43ad857847

#8655 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Huh...I'm really glad I didn't care for Earthbound, it'd kill me trying to buy it.

#8656 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Yeah, Craigslist sellers don't know how to estimate true worth very well. I imagine most people type the game into ebay and see the "New" prices and think their games are worth a ton of money, or don't look at completed listing at all.

#8657 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

Lol for the past week some guy has been listing his "rare" red wii, he put it back up today, and he mustve got a lot of bad replies because the title now reads "My not so rare red wii plus adult owned games" ROFL

Man you people are cheap.

#8658 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

I hate when you send someone an e-mail asking about what they're selling, they don't reply, then re-list it again and in the ad say "e-mail if you want to know what games I have". WTF?

Another thing that sucks is when you finally find a good deal but the person seems too crazy for it to be worth it. For example I see an ad like this recently:

Game boy color and pokemon games - $10

I have a game boy color and a few pokemon games. Willing to take ten dollars or best offer or you could buy me some KFC i'm that desperate. just want to get rid of it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

#8659 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

Eww, yeah, KFC is disgusting.

#8660 AFriendlyGamer

AFriendlyGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

http://kansascity.cr...2918033123.html
My favorite game of all time: The Golden Scrolls V Skyrim

#8661 Zarathos

Zarathos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Kansas City Cragslist generally makes me feel stabby... and this kid is a dummy... heh

http://kansascity.cr...2918033123.html
My favorite game of all time: The Golden Scrolls V Skyrim

#8662 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

http://cleveland.cra...2953039843.html

SUPER NINTENDO SYSTEM - $1 (ELYRIA,OHIO)

HELLO THERE I HAVE A VERY NICE ADULT OWNED SUPER NINTENDO WITH ALL HOOK /UPS AND 3 CONTROLLERS AND 3 GAMES WITH IT WORK PERFECT, THE GAMES ARE KILLER INSTINCT,MADDEN, MARIO ALL STARS, THIS SYSTEM IS IN GREAT COLLECTOR SHAPE I WANT TO TRADE FOR IPOD TOUCH OR PSP WITH GAMES OR CASH WILL WORK TOO, THANKS FOR LOOKING SORRY NO PICS... EMAIL IF INTERESTED THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY..

Trading 20+ year old system with one desirable game for current electronics... :roll:
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#8663 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

http://cleveland.cra...2953039843.html
Trading 20+ year old system with one desirable game for current electronics... :roll:

2, and it's value is on par with a PSP.

#8664 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I generally see SNES' go for more than PSPs on Craigslist around here. SNES systems are almost always at least 50 or 60 while a PSP often goes as low as 40
www.vg-force.com

#8665 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, Craigslist sellers don't know how to estimate true worth very well. I imagine most people type the game into ebay and see the "New" prices and think their games are worth a ton of money, or don't look at completed listing at all.

When pricing my stuff on CL, I usually add an additional 10-20% to the price I'm really hoping to get for it, just so that I know I have some wiggle room in case they wanna try and haggle.

Of course, that extra bit doesn't help one iota when your asking price is $60-70 for something and they start out with their 'generous' offer of $15.:roll::bomb:

Posted Image

#8666 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

This is pathetic to me. What do you guys think?

http://skagit.craigs...2887387953.html

"Is anyone out there willing to donate any games for the xbox 360? Me and my girls got one for christmas, and we only have one game (Soul Caliber V) and one controller. I am still out of work, although I am looking every day. So we were wondering if anyone had any non-sports games that they no longer had much use for, that they wouldn't mind donating to a great family. We aren't big on sports games here, although racing games, anything from Bethesda Software, and Rockstar are always popular here. Beyond that, let me know what you have, and we can go from there. I hate being in this position, but this stupid xbox is the only thing we have, beyond this old PC.

No, we are not looking to buy games, as we have no money, which is why we are hoping there is a generous soul or two out there, who might be willing to donate games. And no, we are not selling any games, either...

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a great day!"

#8667 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

"Is anyone out there willing to donate any games for the xbox 360? Me and my girls got one for christmas, and we only have one game (Soul Caliber V) and one controller. I am still out of work, although I am looking every day. So we were wondering if anyone had any non-sports games that they no longer had much use for, that they wouldn't mind donating to a great family. We aren't big on sports games here, although racing games, anything from Bethesda Software, and Rockstar are always popular here. Beyond that, let me know what you have, and we can go from there. I hate being in this position, but this stupid xbox is the only thing we have, beyond this old PC.

No, we are not looking to buy games, as we have no money, which is why we are hoping there is a generous soul or two out there, who might be willing to donate games. And no, we are not selling any games, either...

Didn't the one guy a few years ago go about trading up for a car by starting out trading on CL for something bigger and so on?

As for the ad you listed, it never hurts to ask for free crap. You never know if/when someone would willingly give up some old games.

Posted Image

#8668 NormanB258

NormanB258

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Good job being poor.

#8669 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

PS3-SKYLANDERS STARTER PACK IN ITS BOX!10/10 EXCELLENT!!!! - $39 (ONTARIO,CA)

Date: 2012-04-13, 9:06AM PDT
Reply to:
I HAVE A SKYLANDERS SPYROS ADVENTURE STARTER PACK INCLUDED 3 SKYLANDERS FIGURES EVERYTHING IS IN NEW CONDITION THIS STARTER PACK GOES FOR 69.99 AT GAMESTOP PLUS TAXES ONLY 40BUCKS FROM ME NO TAXES CALL OR TEXT 909- MAXIMUS PLEASE DONT BE A DUMBASS AND CALL ME TELLING ME U CAN TELL ITS NOT BRAND NEW OR SOME DUMBSHIT LIKE THAT...U KNOW WHO U ARE!!!!ITS BEEN OPENED AND TRIED OUT 100% IN WORKING ORDER!!!

Posted Image

Not bad because of the price, but damn the seller seems mad about something! LOL

#8670 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

As for the ad you listed, it never hurts to ask for free crap. You never know if/when someone would willingly give up some old games.

I did a "Will write experimental poetry for games" ad once and got myself a .hack infection game for my troubles. It's amazing what kind of replies you'll get when you're just doing it for the lulz.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...