Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
12028 replies to this topic

#8851 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

This isn't exactly a bad deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to justify their prices or make it sound like they're giving you a great deal by referencing some retailer's prices - bonus points if they're incorrect/making it up like this person.

http://louisville.cr...3005789741.html

Old Atari games in very good shape. Swordquest, Mario Bros, PAC man, dodge em, space jockey, centipede, frogger, asteroids, ms PAC man, outlaw, othello, haunted house, yars revenge, combat, sky diver. All these games did work when I sold my system but they haven't been played since about 1 year ago! I would prefer to sell them as a lot. Some of these games are $15 bucks a piece on EBay. Case comes with the games. Absolutely no emails, I will not respond! Call or text 502-827-9126.

None of those games had a price tag above $1 on Amazon (sans shipping costs, of course). Heck, I have half of those titles rotting in a case at my home. If someone wants to buy 'em for $15 a pop, come to me first!

#8852 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

http://newyork.craig...3005814793.html
I have a feeling that this is the Genesis system I saw at the yard sale on Sunday. The guy's trying to sell it for $300, even though the ad right before it is at $200. The SNES, in the ad, two before this one is trying to sell for $55.

Batsugunner.png

#8853 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

But she says " Asking $58 because regular price is $58"
Besides asking retal on a used item, what game console retails at $58!?

Well, I meant original Xbox, not Xbox 360. I thought maybe she had a mom-'n'-pop shop in her area that still had a few of these lying around. (Kinda funny that I automatically assumed it was a woman.)

But for what it's worth, the ad is actually just bait spam. I ended up e-mailing her out of curiosity and this was the response I got (from sandra.a@mv89-corp.com):

Hey

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.
I just picked up 4 of these from bidznow.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money.

The site is pretty new so there are no people on it, so none is bidding, its like xmass all over. Try to bid right when the counter hits 4 seconds and you win every time.

Regards

The e-mail comes from a domain that doesn't exist and the URL takes you to ZBiddy, a scam auction penny site. Knowing beforehand that the site is a scam (and not new), I was immediately skeptical, so I did a search of the woman's name and found this:
http://jacksonville....2994158145.html

So, it would seem that there is no "X" and it didn't cost $58.

#8854 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Well, I meant original Xbox, not Xbox 360. I thought maybe she had a mom-'n'-pop shop in her area that still had a few of these lying around. (Kinda funny that I automatically assumed it was a woman.)

But for what it's worth, the ad is actually just bait spam. I ended up e-mailing her out of curiosity and this was the response I got (from sandra.a@mv89-corp.com):
The e-mail comes from a domain that doesn't exist and the URL takes you to ZBiddy, a scam auction penny site. Knowing beforehand that the site is a scam (and not new), I was immediately skeptical, so I did a search of the woman's name and found this:

I dont know about you guys but around half of the ads in the gaming section of my craigslist on any given day are these scam penny auction site ads. They post 10 or more at a time with the same wording and flagging does nothing.

Does Craigslist give a Fuck? Is there anything that can be done? I'm almost wondering if it's a scam that Craigslist itself is involved in. It shows up all over the site for tvs, home depot gift cards, iPads, etc.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#8855 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8856 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Seriously $360? I hope it's still available!

#8857 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

I dont know about you guys but around half of the ads in the gaming section of my craigslist on any given day are these scam penny auction site ads. They post 10 or more at a time with the same wording and flagging does nothing.

I see stuff like this all over the place as well, but it's usually more blatant. What's different with this spam is that you don't actually get the spam until you inquire via e-mail. But I've only ever e-mailed maybe three people on Craigslist, so maybe it's more common than I know.

#8858 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Seriously $360? I hope it's still available!

iknowrite?

I like how people throw away the boxes and instructions and still act like the product should be worth the same as retail.

#8859 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#8860 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Im trying to sell my PSP 2000 (slim) on craigslist, how much do you think I can get? It has CFW and comes with 4gb and 2gb with games on them (GOW:Ghost of Sparta, Resistance, FIFA 11, MGS: Peace Walker, + 3 more) and a hard carry case and a composite cable adapter and 2 UMD movies (Terminator 2 and Spiderman)

Just throwing out a guess, maybe $90 at the least and $125 at the most?

But you never know I've thrown all the Mario Wii games (Galaxy, Kart, NSMB etc...) and listed them for less than any online site sells them used for Ebay, Amazon glyde etc.. and not gotten a single reply or call. So it's sort of a game of chance.

You could also try just listing it and saying making me an offer and don't list a price, but don't be surprised to get lowball offers (which you probably will even if you do list the price)

#8861 starwa1ker

starwa1ker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

But you never know I've thrown all the Mario Wii games (Galaxy, Kart, NSMB etc...) and listed them for less than any online site sells them used for Ebay, Amazon glyde etc.. and not gotten a single reply or call. So it's sort of a game of chance.

You could also try just listing it and saying making me an offer and don't list a price, but don't be surprised to get lowball offers (which you probably will even if you do list the price)

I found a WTB post for Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 1, so I texted the person, turns out its a women who wanted to buy the games for her 6-year-old son. I said the retail on the game are $49 each, I ended up getting $60 for both games =D

#8862 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

This isn't exactly a bad deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to justify their prices or make it sound like they're giving you a great deal by referencing some retailer's prices - bonus points if they're incorrect/making it up like this person.

http://louisville.cr...3005789741.html

None of those games had a price tag above $1 on Amazon (sans shipping costs, of course). Heck, I have half of those titles rotting in a case at my home. If someone wants to buy 'em for $15 a pop, come to me first!

Both Video Game Price Charting(VGPC.com) and DigitPress' rarity guide list Mario Bros. for the 2600 as at least a $10 game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8863 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

ok thanks, yeah I just put it up with no price just looking for offers, so far only a trade offer for an Xbox 360. Hope I can get the $125

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#8864 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Dang, I've never been fooled by craiglist spam before, hats off to them... I guess.
But really, how do those scam bid sights make money, I've never met anyone who's actually fallen pray to those scam bid sites. Btw, if anyone wants an iPad 3 for $25.84, just PM me your credit card and social security number. ;)

Man you people are cheap.

#8865 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Dang, I've never been fooled by craiglist spam before, hats off to them... I guess.
But really, how do those scam bid sights make money, I've never met anyone who's actually fallen pray to those scam bid sites. Btw, if anyone wants an iPad 3 for $25.84, just PM me your credit card and social security number. ;)

Basically, people are desperate to save money while also living beyond their means and they hear about these sites on TV and get hooked on the idea. Then they stupidly think that all penny auction sites are safe and they hand over their credit card info without realizing that places like ZBiddy charge you $99 when you sign up. They're probably the same people who pay $25+ for HD cables and buy the Sears warranties to get free "plasma refills" for their TV's.

#8866 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Both Video Game Price Charting(VGPC.com) and DigitPress' rarity guide list Mario Bros. for the 2600 as at least a $10 game.

Awesome. That's the one game I overlooked when price checking - and I actually have a copy of that lying around. Go figure.

#8867 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

9 xbox 360 games - $100 (perris riverside moval hemet elsinore)

Date: 2012-05-10, 10:24AM PDT
Reply to:
9 Xbox 360 games sports titles basketball football...

150 obo

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

So......$100 dollars for 9 random sports games? Wait.....now it's $150? And no list of games? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

#8868 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

I hate people that can't be bothered to list the games that they're selling. If anyone is actually interested in finding out the mystery games they'll email them and they'll have to email that individual person the list of games anyway, and if more than one person they'll have to do it more than once. So they would save themselves time by just listing the games in the first place.

Maybe I'll do that.

"Hey I got some games they're great you'll love them $500 OBO (whichever's moar) no lowballs! Straight cash homie!"

#8869 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

"Hey I got some games they're great you'll love them $500 OBO (whichever's moar) no lowballs! Straight cash homie!"

You forgot to add "Hit me up"

99% of the ads in my area have that. Damn kids.

#8870 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Lol I've responded to 3 or 4 ads that have said to ask them for a list of games, and I've never gotten a responce. What do they expect, me to buy the games before I know what they are!?

Man you people are cheap.

#8871 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Lol I've responded to 3 or 4 ads that have said to ask them for a list of games, and I've never gotten a responce. What do they expect, me to buy the games before I know what they are!?

Sounds about par for CL, I'm not surprised when I reply to an ad and offer to buy at asking price and never get a response.
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#8872 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image

#8873 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

I've never heard of Lubbock, but I vote for it to be nuked immediately.

#8874 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Psp + games $425
http://anchrage.crai...2957217028.html
Wow, this guy has maybe 200 worth of stuff here but not over 400.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#8875 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

That is where Texas Tech is.

I hate people that reply to your ad with "here is my number, call me and we can deal". You clearly had the time to write an email, so why do I need to call you?
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#8876 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

If you give me two days warning I'm completely down for that!

#8877 starwa1ker

starwa1ker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

http://eugene.craigs...3008827532.html

LOL

#8878 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

That is where Texas Tech is.

I hate people that reply to your ad with "here is my number, call me and we can deal". You clearly had the time to write an email, so why do I need to call you?

Mavs rule Rockets suck. (technically they both sucked this year)

#8879 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

#8880 jakedub317

jakedub317

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

Posted Image

nice find. made me laugh. I think that is undeniably stupidity and not "misinformed".