Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
11960 replies to this topic

#9421 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Craigslist has been very weird lately. I've been trying to sell a few things and haven't gotten any interest on anything. I always make sure my buyers are happy with the price and condition of the item. Even the flakes are missing. Anyone else?

Anytime I list something it seems like I get nothing but if I dont delete it and leave it up like a month then like a month after I posted it suddenly people start calling me/emailing me about it. It's like they're on a 1 month delay or something.

#9422 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Anytime I list something it seems like I get nothing but if I dont delete it and leave it up like a month then like a month after I posted it suddenly people start calling me/emailing me about it. It's like they're on a 1 month delay or something.

I swear some of them do that because they think they can steal if cheap because its been up so long. I have some big ticket items on Craigslist and once they've been up for awhile I get the "will you take $50?" emails for an $800 item.

#9423 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

I emailed the yacht guy and asked where the funk he is getting his stupid prices for his atari stuff and he just responded with an ebay auction for an atari that was listed at $500.

seriously do people really STILL not understand how ebay works? I can list my used underwear on there for 2 million dollars if I want, it doesn't mean they are automatically worth that much. I hate sales like this where they state "everything MUST go" then charge ebay prices, it reminds me of some idiot here who had a moving sale where everything HAD to go because he absolutely could not take any of this stuff with him.....but he wanted $500 for an NES with 20 common games. It is also strange how it is always the poorer sections of town where I actually find stuff like an NES with 20 games for 2 dollars and the rich people want double ebay prices

#9424 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

I know people overprice stuff, but there's also people who want something for nothing which is just as wrong.
Posted Image

#9425 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

Yep. I can attest to that unfortunately.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#9426 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

I know people overprice stuff, but there's also people who want something for nothing which is just as wrong.

I always want stuff for nothing when I buy and want the maximum I can get when I sell. I am unadulterated pure evil.

#9427 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

I always want stuff for nothing when I buy and want the maximum I can get when I sell. I am unadulterated pure evil.

You sir are what we call a hypocrite.:booty: Welcome to the club. I too expect to get top dollar for my shit on CL while at the same time may try and offer lower than some people want on there.

Albeit some people on here though are just outfuckinrageous. There's at least 2-3 in the thrift store thread who bitch if a prior gen console is over $10-20, even if it's complete and works.:roll:

Posted Image

#9428 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

It also irks me when people go through the effort of doing a deal, and then they just dissapear suddenly. This happens only on craigslist. Nowhere else. No response to emails or phone calls. It's been done to me through email hundreds of times, and even a few times driving to meet someone which gets me pissed. I can understand if you change your mind, but have the guts to tell me. Don't just leave me hanging. I mostly avoid craigslist now for these reasons alone, it's happened so much. It's just not worth it. If I have anything I want to recoup my hard earned dollars on, I can just go to a pawn or sell it to a friend of family or something. Yeah there's a pay cut, but at least there's no stress. Once you buy something, the value goes down, especially months later. That's something I comprehend. So I know what I'm losing but if I can recoup something that's great.

When you buy a system or game from me, you can test it out to your hearts desire, no issue with that. I encourage people to do that so they are satisfied with the items. Like I said I don't have a problem giving people fair deals. But I prefer dealing with straight shooter folk who know common courtesy.

Craigslist should really look for ways to weed out the degenerates who make it hard for us experienced buyers and sellers to work with.
Posted Image

#9429 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hell of a deal:http://chicago.craig...3175627008.html

nintendo + 25 games - $400 (carol stream)

Date: 2012-08-11, 11:49PM CDT
Reply to: 3wrc9-3175627008@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
im selling my original nintendo system has 2 original controlers and the zapper gun also has a new pin conector everything works great and is all in good condition no discoloring. i will not piece anything out so dont ask i am selling it all as one.

skate or die
blades of steel
super mario/duck hunt
mike tysons punch out
rc pro am
bases loaded 2
super mario 2
super mario 3
paperboy
contra
wrestlemania
wrestlemania challenge
double dribble
goal soccer
tetris
bandai golf challenge
john elways quarterback
top gun
pro wrestling
super contra
tecmo bowl
super tecmo bowl
excitebike
days of thunder
california games

also comes with the original ac plug and tv adapter

#9430 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

will it ever end?: http://chicago.craig...3194020642.html
Original [black box] x-box + games - $200 (kankakee,Il.)

Date: 2012-08-09, 9:35AM CDT
Reply to: gkx3n-3194020642@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
This is it! Original x-box,great condition-I HAVE NO KIDS!-Over 58 game disks,all of which were handled by me ONLY! Two controllers,and ALL THE CORDS! Have had offers for just the console[$50.00],and the individual games at $5.00 to $12.00 each, but would like to sell them in this bundle instead. Also included is a rarely used controller that I bought a year ago. Games include Tiger Woods 2005+2006 - golf,Madden 2004+2006 football, ESPN 2K5 NFL, M.L.B. 2K6, N.H.L. 2006[HOCKEY], Grand theft auto III,G.T.A. Vice city, G.T.A. San Andreas,Forza racing,Scarface,Mercenaries,Ghost recon, HALO #1+#2,Doom 3/limited edition w/all three titles,Call of duty 2 and,like I said many-many-many more! ALL HANDLED EXCLUSIVELY BY MYSELF! NO SCRATCHED CRAP HERE! At the low end, just to get this system costs around $50.00-$75.00. Games for the x-box original will run from $5.00 to $20.00 a piece!

#9431 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

There have been a LOT of assholes buying up the Best Buy deals and trying to resell them on craigslist. Best I can tell their ads are rotting unsold at the high prices they're asking, at least. Hopefully they get left with a bunch of inventory and wasted money.

I've been posting lists of the deals each week and links to cheapassgamer to hopefully curb some of this reseller's business.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#9432 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yeah really, I've come to realize that most of the people with good stuff and good deals have went into hibernation, or they just throw their stuff back in the basement. "Why bother, too many flakes". They try using craigslist, keep getting shot down by flakes, so they go to ebay or withdraw.
Posted Image

#9433 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

So a few days ago I found this ad
http://newjersey.cra...3197911645.html

It sounded sick! Boxed earthbound, secret of mana, and harvest moon? I'm in! So I texted the guy and he said if I took it all he could do $65. Sounds like a guy who just wants to get rid of some old stuff. I accepted and we figured out a date and time to meet. No reason to suspect a thing. Well first meeting he never showed up, I called multiple times and he never answered (first sign i should have noticed was I never heard him speak). So I went home and he texted me later apologizing about how he was in a business meeting. Well this guy says he's a 32 year old man so that sounds plausible (benefit of the doubt, stay positive). So we set up a second meeting time and both confirmed we were free and ready. Took 25 minutes to get there and i texted where I was, he says he was on his way. Waited for an hour in this parking lot for the guy who never showed. Eventually I just left and he texted me saying he was in traffic after I asked how close he was. Mind you this is a sunday, so no real traffic, and he supposedly lived in the town we were meeting in. I went home and said Fuck it, and didn't receive a single text like "where are you?" or something like that. I'm convinced this asshole was just messing with me, and boy do I feel dumb.......you cant promise a man a boxed earthbound and then take it away from him. I guess this just proves that if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is:wall: Stupid douchebag wasting my time.....

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#9434 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

I always have people from craigslist meet me in the parking lot of the used book store where I get tons of stuff. That way even if the person is a no show I still have a chance to score something worthwhile so the trip isn't a complete waste.

#9435 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

There have been a LOT of assholes buying up the Best Buy deals and trying to resell them on craigslist. Best I can tell their ads are rotting unsold at the high prices they're asking, at least. Hopefully they get left with a bunch of inventory and wasted money.

I've been posting lists of the deals each week and links to cheapassgamer to hopefully curb some of this reseller's business.

So you've essentially been giving yourself more competition in your own area and alerting that competition where they can get deals to resell?:lol::applause:

Posted Image

#9436 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

So a few days ago I found this ad
http://newjersey.cra...3197911645.html

It sounded sick! Boxed earthbound, secret of mana, and harvest moon? I'm in! So I texted the guy and he said if I took it all he could do $65. Sounds like a guy who just wants to get rid of some old stuff. I accepted and we figured out a date and time to meet. No reason to suspect a thing. Well first meeting he never showed up, I called multiple times and he never answered (first sign i should have noticed was I never heard him speak). So I went home and he texted me later apologizing about how he was in a business meeting. Well this guy says he's a 32 year old man so that sounds plausible (benefit of the doubt, stay positive). So we set up a second meeting time and both confirmed we were free and ready. Took 25 minutes to get there and i texted where I was, he says he was on his way. Waited for an hour in this parking lot for the guy who never showed. Eventually I just left and he texted me saying he was in traffic after I asked how close he was. Mind you this is a sunday, so no real traffic, and he supposedly lived in the town we were meeting in. I went home and said Fuck it, and didn't receive a single text like "where are you?" or something like that. I'm convinced this asshole was just messing with me, and boy do I feel dumb.......you cant promise a man a boxed earthbound and then take it away from him. I guess this just proves that if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is:wall: Stupid douchebag wasting my time.....

He was absolutely 100% fucking with you. Nothing about it sounds legit and the ad has even been removed.

#9437 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Spoiler

I cant find greatlysale.com or trulyoffer.com on the map
Another case of "well it sells on X for X so i'm asking X" http://pittsburgh.cr...3147347151.html
What. http://pittsburgh.cr...3194776793.html
nope http://pittsburgh.cr...3160109309.html
still nope http://pittsburgh.cr...3141331217.html
NOPE http://pittsburgh.cr...3172694838.html
sigh
Both of those sites look scamtastic

Edited by rpmboy, 13 August 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#9438 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

He was absolutely 100% fucking with you. Nothing about it sounds legit and the ad has even been removed.

Yeah I realize that now, very disappointing for me I'm sure you can imagine :( well whatever, now at least I have a phone number to write down for every telemarketer/newsletter/random shit that I'll find at the mall and stuff.

#9439 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

I always have people from craigslist meet me in the parking lot of the used book store where I get tons of stuff. That way even if the person is a no show I still have a chance to score something worthwhile so the trip isn't a complete waste.

Disable the email and only put your phone number, that keeps the fuckheads away. Alot of them won't pull their shit over the phone.
Posted Image

#9440 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

It also irks me when people go through the effort of doing a deal, and then they just dissapear suddenly. This happens only on craigslist. Nowhere else. No response to emails or phone calls. It's been done to me through email hundreds of times, and even a few times driving to meet someone which gets me pissed. I can understand if you change your mind, but have the guts to tell me. Don't just leave me hanging.

Get phone numbers. If they play that game, sign them up for some courtesy calls from various businesses. Credit card companies are good ones, they'll hound you. Timeshares as well.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#9441 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Just some dumb kids thinking their shitty ps2 Common crap is worth anything.

http://milwaukee.cra...3203944094.html

playstation 2 deal of the centry!!! must look!!!!!!!! you wont be disappointed a - $250 (southside milwaukee)

Date: 2012-08-13, 8:20PM CDT
Reply to: knmxd-3203944094@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Starting off with im not negotiating on the price with this one too much! This is a great deal and only real gamers will understand why. The playstation 2 in the sony franchise whas one of the best creations they could have made. Mainly because of the systems durability and elasticity. Meaning its a long lasting system and will not disappoint you! Now enough of the stuff you may call boring and on to the details of todays deal! Im selling my playstation 2 with 27 games AND COUNTING!! Me and my brother are still searching for games around the house!! With seven i repeat SEVEN dualshock 2 controllers. As u can see there is guitar hero in the photos soooo im also including two guitars. Wich i must also repeat two guitars. Cmon people this is a steal! And EVERYTHING inculded works!! Your not going to become bored for a verry long time and thats guaranteed! And im including two 8mb memory cards and a cheatcode book okaii enough with info now to the pics scroll down and take a look!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#9442 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Mainly because of the systems durability and elasticity.

Don't forget ductility and malleability too, the PS2 makes a great anvil :bouncy:
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#9443 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Just some dumb kids thinking their shitty ps2 Common crap is worth anything.

http://milwaukee.cra...3203944094.html

playstation 2 deal of the centry!!! must look!!!!!!!! you wont be disappointed a - $250 (southside milwaukee)

Date: 2012-08-13, 8:20PM CDT
Reply to: knmxd-3203944094@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Starting off with im not negotiating on the price with this one too much! This is a great deal and only real gamers will understand why. The playstation 2 in the sony franchise whas one of the best creations they could have made. Mainly because of the systems durability and elasticity. Meaning its a long lasting system and will not disappoint you! Now enough of the stuff you may call boring and on to the details of todays deal! Im selling my playstation 2 with 27 games AND COUNTING!! Me and my brother are still searching for games around the house!! With seven i repeat SEVEN dualshock 2 controllers. As u can see there is guitar hero in the photos soooo im also including two guitars. Wich i must also repeat two guitars. Cmon people this is a steal! And EVERYTHING inculded works!! Your not going to become bored for a verry long time and thats guaranteed! And im including two 8mb memory cards and a cheatcode book okaii enough with info now to the pics scroll down and take a look!

everyone email him and offer him between $40 and $70 for the lot lol

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#9444 Mommonja

Mommonja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

Here's a keeper: http://neworleans.cr...3187155652.html

BLACK AND WHITE SOFT TOUCH KINDLE - $100

STILL IN BOX
BLACK AND WHITE
BRAND NEW
PURCHASED FROM BARNES AND NOBLES TWO MONTHS AGO

CALL ONLY

#9445 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

http://harrisburg.cr...3165303982.html

You can purchase the game itself for $2 sealed idk about the rest but....

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9446 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Someone posted a 360 Elite with two controllers 120gb hard drive with Halo Reach and COD Black Ops for $80. I was all over it and emailed them last night and I wake up with no response and a deleted ad. I hate when that happens.

#9447 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

http://harrisburg.cr...3165303982.html

You can purchase the game itself for $2 sealed idk about the rest but....

A few weeks ago when I was at my local shop, dude bought 2 of the bundles with dance pads (Store had them 2 for $10). He also picked up a DDR game as well, but the best part was when he asked the guy if he could open it and trade one of the games. Guy at the shop says "I'll charge you $5 more if you want to trade."

Kmart clearanced all that crap for $5 a while ago.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#9448 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

nes nintendo - $300 (upper county)

Date: 2012-08-12, 11:27PM PDT
Reply to: szg5m-3201973487@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

for sale nintendo nes 4 cosole and 26 games one in the box . two turbo controler one arcade controler two console has been test all other as IS""' thank call tony 760 855 0766
mega man2
finalfantasy
bases londed
goal
tecmo bowl
dick tracy
top gun
solomons key
quaterback
turtles 1-2
dodge ball
ice hockey
silent service
metroid
california games
tetris
pacman
mario 1-2-3
cash only no tattos no flakes

http://sandiego.crai...3201973487.html

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#9449 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

nes nintendo - $300 (upper county)

Date: 2012-08-12, 11:27PM PDT
Reply to: szg5m-3201973487@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

for sale nintendo nes 4 cosole and 26 games one in the box . two turbo controler one arcade controler two console has been test all other as IS""' thank call tony 760 855 0766
mega man2
finalfantasy
bases londed
goal
tecmo bowl
dick tracy
top gun
solomons key
quaterback
turtles 1-2
dodge ball
ice hockey
silent service
metroid
california games
tetris
pacman
mario 1-2-3
cash only no tattos no flakes

http://sandiego.crai...3201973487.html

No tattoos or flakes? that sucks. I was ready to pay with $300 dollars worth of temporary tattoos and Corn Flakes.
OH SNAP DEAL OF THE YEAR http://pittsburgh.cr...3206147373.html
who wants some old sports game? http://pittsburgh.cr...3194794402.html
it's the most awesome? http://pittsburgh.cr...3151045058.html
GOTY http://pittsburgh.cr...3202913223.html
This seller's many "deals" http://pittsburgh.cr...3192823458.html
http://pittsburgh.cr...3192857665.html
http://pittsburgh.cr...3192837203.html
http://pittsburgh.cr...3192810715.html
http://pittsburgh.cr...3192831226.html
WII SPORTS RESORT ONLY $150 HOLD THE PHONE http://pittsburgh.cr...3150482808.html
http://pittsburgh.cr...3181940025.html
just no http://pittsburgh.cr...3200485712.html (note: normally $25)

Edited by rpmboy, 15 August 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#9450 ryuk1214

ryuk1214

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

No. Just No. http://houston.craig...3186025327.html