Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#9781 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Get to the meet up spot and some asshat old man in a beat down Buick Celebrity from the late 80s shows up and tries to negotiate the price before I even open my trunk to show them to him the dolls. He goes "will you take 150 for it" right after we exchange hellos. I didn't say anything, just turned around and got in my car and just left. I was out of the parking lot within a minute after he said that.

I hate, HATE this crap. I do the exact same thing. I'd say one out of every 3 deals on CL I do this happens. The nerve of people to try that when you're in person, especially after agreeing to the price when they email you. Ugh, just gets my goat.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#9782 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I hate, HATE this crap. I do the exact same thing. I'd say one out of every 3 deals on CL I do this happens. The nerve of people to try that when you're in person, especially after agreeing to the price when they email you. Ugh, just gets my goat.

I've seen talk on CAG in one of the Craigslist threads about using that tactic.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#9783 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

http://fortwayne.cra...3288057835.html

"Today I have a 4GB Xbox 360 slim for sale. It's matte black comes with av cables, power brick and wired mad cats controller. This is or best offer so make an offer! The worst I can say is no! I will entertain trades but cash is king!"

He's asking $200 for it -______-

#9784 redrum509

redrum509

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

http://spokane.craig...3328962673.html

Lol never knew Motorola made iPads?

#9785 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I had it occur before but never before showing them and I never haggle. That is why I never budge on the meet up place when I am selling something since it is only 2 miles away. A friend of mine is a bank manager and doesn't care if I do the occasional transaction in his parking lot.
If I knew that I could 100% get away with assaulting someone i'd probably beat the shit out of them before I left. Where I do my transaction is recorded though.
Oh and a hilarious one. I sold a 27 inch old fat screen TV to a guy on a Harley who some how strapped it to the back and rode off. Has nothing to do with anything else. I just like that story.

#9786 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

My disdain for craigslist is what brought me to CAG, actually. Before, I primarily bought and sold lot of my stuff on craigslist and to be fair, did get some great deals. But the haggling and shady people took its toll. LOL, people would guilt me with stories of dying grandparents and pets; lost jobs; even had a "youth pastor" ask me to sell some PS3 games for a ridiculously reduced price because he was working with "orphaned" youth. I'm not saying these people were lying, but how fucking inappropriate is it to guilt people in negotiations? Word to the wise (sure most of you already know): Google Voice is your friend!

#9787 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

http://williamsport....3328228396.html

guy has 8 total listings each is a console lot, some are okay priced others are ridiculous.

I don't know about other people but I don't pay dealer price from some guy off the internet

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9788 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

2009 was before I knew about Google Voice and I constantly had people calling me after selling stuff. It was awful. "How do you do such and such?", etc.

#9789 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

My disdain for craigslist is what brought me to CAG, actually. Before, I primarily bought and sold lot of my stuff on craigslist and to be fair, did get some great deals. But the haggling and shady people took its toll. LOL, people would guilt me with stories of dying grandparents and pets; lost jobs; even had a "youth pastor" ask me to sell some PS3 games for a ridiculously reduced price because he was working with "orphaned" youth. I'm not saying these people were lying, but how fucking inappropriate is it to guilt people in negotiations? Word to the wise (sure most of you already know): Google Voice is your friend!

It also helps to not give a shit. Sympathy is your enemy!

#9790 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

I always try to haggle people when I buy stuff. But at least I do it before we meet.

#9791 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Anytime I get rid of my furniture or electronics on craigslist I always get people who claim to run foster homes or youth centers asking for cheaper rates. At least 1 a day before the post goes down. I usually respond with a one word no if they keep pestering me then depending how drunk I am then I might respond with my assholish banter.
I once put 8 things up in one day and got the same foster story thing on almost every one of my items. I responded no and they responded something about Jesus so I sent them to the mall to meet me and I never bothered showing up. I need to check my google voice because I think I still have the funny voicemails they left me from the mall because it was so funny how someone claiming to be christian was screaming dropping F bombs.

#9792 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Not sure if anyone else has seen this site, but it's pretty good.

http://www.dontevenreply.com/

A person harassing Craigslist people. Good stuff.

#9793 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

:rofl: That's hilarious, especially the jeep one.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#9794 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

"good luck with banishing the audio demon" haha

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#9795 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

The shovel one isn't bad :lol:

#9796 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

disguised weapons is the best though guncup :D

Designed by Lilchiji

#9797 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Damn, that dontevenreply.com collection is fantastic.

There are some angry replies to ads in the "Items Wanted" sections of the OC and IE (scroll down to the "here are some matching ads from nearby areas" section).

Probably all from the same guy, but he's really on fire and raging at all the deadbeats/beggars.

Edited by karkyco, 13 October 2012 - 12:38 AM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#9798 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

http://lubbock.craig...3337141555.html

#9799 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

http://houston.craig...3340269096.html
135068.png]

#9800 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

http://lubbock.craig...3342043372.html

Dont understand why people, not just on craigslist bundle random stuff together and force someone to buy it all together.

#9801 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Three PS2 Games - $40 (Sacramento)

Date: 2012-10-12, 3:23PM PDT
skwqn-3334901244@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Hi,

I am selling three PS2 games that are in excellent condition, no scratches or marks. I am asking $15 each OR all of them for $40. I will only take cash in-person no exceptions. Call or email if interested 919-951-8781

#9802 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

sega saturn system - $80 (sacramento)

Date: 2012-10-15, 5:47PM PDT
25dgk-3301034031@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
selling a sega saturn with 1 controller and 5 games and 3 sega cd games
system has been tested and work perfctly no power supply and svideo cords
80.00 cash no trade
first come first serve

ps. game covers are crack not the games

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9803 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

HUGE SUPER NINTENDO SNES LOT 104 GAMES PLUS SYSTEM AND EXTRAS - $859 (Roseville)

Date: 2012-10-15, 12:32PM PDT
Reply to: see below

Posted Image
HUGE SUPER NINTENDO LOT 104 GAMES PLUS SYSTEM AND EXTRAS
Just added: Mega Man X2, Secret of Evermore

Disclaimer: All games are loose cartridge only, no boxes or manuals and they are for the North American SNES system. They are being sold AS IS in acceptable condition. Labels vary in quality from acceptable (with stickers and/or significant wear) to very good (with little to no wear.) Only one game has a torn label and that is Super RBI Baseball. Cartridges will need to be cleaned as they have been in storage for quite some time.Includes all the games below plus a Super Scope in the box, a Super Game Boy Cartridge, a Super Nintendo Gun, Game Saver Plus, a cleaner cartridge and a complete in the box SNES System to play them on. Super Scope and GameSaver are missing battery covers. There's also a few boxes I am throwing in, but don't get too excited, they are not in the best of shape. They include Space Mega Force, Primal Rage, Samurai Shodown. Rabbit Rampage, Ken Griffey Winning Run. Call or Text 916-612-3003 for more info.

Game List:

ABC Monday Night Football

Adventures of Batman and Robin

Bass Masters Classic

Battleclash

Beavis and Butthead

Blazeon

Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

Boxing Legends of the Ring

Brawl Brothers

Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage

Caeser's Palace

Cal Ripkin Jr Baseball

Championship Pool

Chavez II

Contra III: The Alien Wars

Cyber Spin

Darius Twin

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong Quest

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Doom

Extra Innings

F1 Pole Position

Family Feud

Final Fight

Hal's Hole in One Golf

Head on Soccer

Hey Punk Are You Tuff Enuff?

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Jurassic Park

Kawasaki Superbike Challenge

Ken Griffey Jr Winning Run

Killer Instinct

Kirby's Avalanche

Last Action Hero

Lethal Weapon

Madden 96

Madden 98

Mario is Missing

Mega Man Soccer

Mortal Kombat II

Ms Pac Man

NBA Hang Time

NBA Jam TE

NBA Live 95

NBA Live 96

NBA Live 97

NBA Live 98

Newman Haas Racing feat Nigel Mansell

NFL Quarterback Club 96

NHL 95

NHL 97

Nigel Mansell's World Championship

Pac Attack

Pac Man 2

Pilot Wings

Pitfall

Primal Rage

Realm

Riddick Bowe Boxing

Rock and Roll Racing

Samurai Shodown

Sonic Blast Man

Sonic Blast Man II

Space Megaforce

Spider-Man/Venom: Maximum Carnage

Sporting News Baseball

Star Wars: Super Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars: Super Return of the Jedi

Star Wars: Super Star Wars

Street Combat

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter II Turbo Edition

Super Baseball 2020

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Super Mario Allstars

Super Mario Allstars with Super Mario World

Super Mario World

Super R Type

Super RBI Baseball

Super Scope 6

Super Soccer Champ

Super Turrican

Tecmo Super Baseball

Tecmo Super Bowl III

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament FIghters

Tetris and Dr Mario

Tetris Attack

Thunder Spirits

Timeslip

Tiny Toons Wacky Sports Challenge

TNN Bass Tournament of Champions

Tommy Moe's Winter Extreme

Top Gear

Top Gear 3000

Turn and Burn No Fly Zone

Untouchables

Wing Commander

Winter Olympic Games

Wolfchild

Zombies Ate Your Neighbors

Zoop
[/list]

Just Added:

Mega Man X2

Secret of Evermore
[/list]

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9804 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Posted Image
HUGE 151 GAME BOY ADVANCE GBA E-READER LOT MARIO ZELDA POKEMON
Just Added: Sword of Mana

Disclaimer:All games have been checked for serial number and label embossing and are authenticated as original for the North American Game Boy Advance. Labels vary from good (with a few scratches or smudges) to like new (clean and shiny with no scratches.) They have been in storage for awhile and will need to be cleaned with a QTip before playing. Includes all the games listed below plus a Black Game Boy Advance system in very good condition, charger base and battery pak, a replacement screen, Gamecube to GBA cable, GBA to GBA link cable, overhead light attachment, 2 GBA wireless links, E-Reader and 5 sets of e-reader cards. Call or Text 916-612-3003 for more info.

Game List:

3 in 1 Sports PackAdvance WarsAdvance Wars 2All Star Baseball 2003American IdolAnimal SnapArmy Men AdvanceAtari Anniversary AdvanceBack to StoneBackyard Football 2006Backyard SkateboardingBackyard Sports Baseball 2007Barbie Island PrincessBionicle: Matoran AdventuresBomberman TournamentBratz: Rock AngelzCandyland/Chutes and Ladders/MemoryCartoon Network SpeedwayCastlevania: Circle of the MoonCatzClassic NES: Legend of Zelda II Adventures of LinkClassic NES: XeviousCrash SuperpackCrazy Taxi Catch a RideDark ArenaDigimon Battle Spirit 2Disney Princess Royal AdventureDogz FashionDokaponDonald Duck AdvanceDonkey Kong Country 3Driver 2Dual BladesDuel Masters Kaijudo ShowdownEd, Edd and Eddy: The Mis-EdventuresEgg ManiaElf Bowling 1 and 2ESPN Great Outdoor Games Bass 2000ESPN X Games SkateboardingF-14 TomcatFinal Fantasy 1 and 2Foster's Home for Imaginary FriendsGame and Watch Gallery 4Garfield: Nine LivesGBA Video: Cartoon Network Collection Limited EditionGBA Video: Cartoon Network Collection Platinum EditionGBA Video: Codename Kids Next DoorGBA Video: Jimmy Neutron Vol 1GBA Video: Nicktoons Collection Vol 1GBA Video: Nicktoons Collection Vol 2GBA Video: Pokemon Beach Blanket/Go WestGBA Video: Pokemon Hot Water Bottle/For Ho-Oh the BellGBA Video: Shrek 2Gremlins Stripe vs GizmoHarlem Globetrotters World TourHarry PotterHi Hi Puffy Ami YumiHigh Heat Baseball 2003Hot Wheels: Stunt Track ChallengeI Spy ChallengerIce Age 2: The MeltdownIncrediblesJonny Mosely Mad TrixKim PossibleKim Possible 3: Team PossibleLady SiaLand Before Time CollectionLego BionicleLemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate EventsLizzie McGuire 2: Lizie DiariesLizzie McGuire: On the Go!Madden 07Madden 2003Madden 2004Madden 2005Marble Madness/KlaxMarch of the PenguinsMario Golf (Rare Not for Resale logo)Mario Kart Super CircuitMario Vs Donkey KongMat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2Matchbox Air Sea /Emergency RescueMegaman Battle Network 3: WhiteMegaman Battle Network 5: Team ProtomanMegaman ZeroMegaman Zero 3Metal Slug AdvanceMetroid FusionMetroid Zero MissionMIB: Men in BlackMonster Rancher Advance 2Monster TrucksMuppets: License to CroakNFL Blitz 2002NFL Blitz 2003Pac Man CollectionPetz: Hamsterz Life 2Pink PantherPirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black PearlPirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestPitfall: The Lost ExpeditionPitfall: The Mayan AdventurePokemon Mystery DungeonPokemon PinballPokemon RubyPokemon SapphirePolarium AdvancePolly PocketPrehistorik ManPrince of Persia: The Sands of TimeProud FamilyRave MasterRebelstarRippin FriendsRoad Rash: JailbreakRobotsRocket Power Beach BanditsRockySanta Clause 3: The Escape ClauseShaman King Legacy of the Spirits Sprinting WolfSplinter CellSponge Bob Square Pants Battle for Bikini BottomSport's Illustrated: Kids BaseballSportsman PackSpyro: Attack of the RhynocsStadium GamesStarsky and HutchSuper Mario AdvanceSuper Robot Taisen: Original GenerationSuperman: Countdown to ApokolipsTak: The Great Juju ChallengeTarzan Return to the JungleTeen TitansTexas Hold EmTexas Hold Em PokerThat's So RavenTiny Toons Wacky StackersTomb Raider: ProphecyTreasure PlanetUltimate MuscleUno Skip BoVirtua TennisWakeboarding UnleashedYu Yu Yukusho Spirit DetectiveZatch Bell! Electric Arena
E-READER CARDS
Pinball (New)
Excitebike (New)
Tennis )New)
Golf (New)
Donkey Kong Jr (used)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9805 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

wii u deluxe pre-order recipt - $600 (arden)

Date: 2012-10-11, 10:22PM PDT

Call 9165480226
$20 toys r us wii u recipt

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3317518095

#9806 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

wii u 8GB pre-order recipt for toys r us $300 O.B.O - $300 (arden)

Date: 2012-10-11, 10:23PM PDT
pwg6b-3288103992@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
$20 wii u BASIC pre-order recipt for toys r us

$900 buck profit for two $20 pre-order reciepts? really now

#9807 Yizzlestakz

Yizzlestakz

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

WII U DELUXE PRE-ORDER RECIPT $350 O.B.O - $1 (SACRAMENTO)

Date: 2012-10-13, 4:51PM PDT

CALL 916-643-3610
$350 O.B.O
PREORDER RECIPT GURANTEES YOU ONE ON RELEASE DAY

#9808 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm not exactly seeing what's so bad about these. Unless it's JUST a ticket to actually have one secured to buy. If so, that's fucking asinine.

#9809 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

The Wii U isn't particularly hard to get right now, but before Walmart's layaway promotion, I saw several preorders like those sell on eBay for hundreds of dollars. People will pay a LOT of money to get new consoles, especially once demand goes up. The timing is bad for those ads, but as the release date nears, selling those little pieces of paper may become a real possibility.

http://houston.craig...3340269096.html

That has to be a joke...

#9810 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://williamsport....3337152641.html

why would you have taken it out of the box, only to sell it in 2 weeks >.> (NES btw)

http://williamsport....3341613695.html

Designed by Lilchiji