Photo
- - - - -

Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#1 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:02 AM

This involves going to both Best Buy and EBgames. Here's what you do:

First, print off two of the "$5 off any Wii game" coupons here: http://img452.images...coupons1hf5.jpg

Then, go into Best Buy, and pick up Open Season and Far Cry: Instincts. These games are both $19.99, and if you use the $5 off coupons on them they are $15 each. Note that you may have to buy one at the customer service counter then buy the other one at the regular register since the same person might not let you use 2 coupons at once. Plus as a bonus, if you're a RewardZone member, you get the points on those games.

Then go to EBgames, they have a promotion going on until 4/15 where if you trade in any 2 Wii games, you get one for free, maximum value $49.99. So you trade in your two newly acquired $15 games and walk out with a $50 Super Paper Mario. All done!

Sure, it takes going to two stores, but if where you live is anything like me, the EBgames and Best Buy are basically right next door to each other.

#2 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:07 AM

Hmmm, i doubt he local EB will let me do this... they probably don't want those $19.99 games... thanks for the head up though, most likely won't work for somoe people.

#3 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:09 AM

Hmmm, i doubt he local EB will let me do this... they probably don't want those $19.99 games... thanks for the head up though, most likely won't work for somoe people.

It's not up to them to want the games or not, that's a trade in promotion they have going on nationally right now. Any 2 Wii trade ins get you a free Wii game. Not just ones they want :p

#4 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:10 AM

Doing this tomorrow. Thanks!
Posted Image

#5 SpikeSpiegel

SpikeSpiegel

Fall from grace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:13 AM

That's a good idea. I think I'll try this too. I just hope Bestbuy accepts these coupons. Do they have these coupons instore too? I'd rather have the real coupons so I don't get shot down.

Thanks OP.

#6 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:13 AM

Damn thats smart. I think il do that. Thanks OP.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#7 Damian

Damian

The cake is a lie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:16 AM

It's not up to them to want the games or not, that's a trade in promotion they have going on nationally right now. Any 2 Wii trade ins get you a free Wii game. Not just ones they want :p

That's not true at all. Stores have full discretion to reject specific trades. If they're getting a glut of crap they can't unload they aren't obligated to keep taking it. That would be ridiculous.

#8 M1C13

M1C13

AKA MCHammer XIII

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:18 AM

That's a good idea. I think I'll try this too. I just hope Bestbuy accepts these coupons. Do they have these coupons instore too? I'd rather have the real coupons so I don't get shot down.

Thanks OP.

if you want just get the gamer gift card in the store it is also good for $5 off games 19.99 and up. I might have to try this gamestop has the same promo right? Because there is a gamestop about 500 yards from my best buy depending on the weather I could walk between stores.
Posted Image

#9 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Thanks OP.

No, I think the coupons originally came from Gamepro, but you should honestly be fine so long as you print them out in color. I've never had a Best Buy employee shoot me down on a printed out coupon, they are usually busy and just scan the barcodes, the only thing is they may not want to do two seperate transactions for you with two coupons.

Also, depending on how EB's preorder system works, might it be possible to get another pair of these games and go back and ask for your free Wii game to be put towards a preorder of Mario Party 8? I'm not sure if this is limited only to stuff that's in stock now or if they could just apply your free game credit to a full-paid preorder of another Wii game.

#10 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

This has been posted before in other threads! But it is about time it got its own thread.

EDIT: And by the way I traded in my own copy of Far Cry and Monster 4X4 World Circuit (without the wheel though and I put it in a black case so I would have a white one for wii sports :-P) about a week ago for a Paper Mario preorder.

My Tradelist

#11 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:19 AM

That is a great idea. I'm doing this...Tuesday. Or buying the games on Monday, then trading in on Tuesday.

I think EB/Gamestop will have a lot of copies of Far Cry/Open Season.

#12 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

Do the Gamepro coupons stack with a Reward Zone certificate?

#13 Bears0492

Bears0492

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

I want to do this so bad, but I hate waiting :(
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=97443 - Check my list of available games

#14 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

Do the Gamepro coupons stack with a Reward Zone certificate?

A RewardZone certificate basically counts as just cash off the cost of the game, they stack with any coupons.

#15 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

Awesome. Thanks Zorn!

#16 SaMiDaDrAgOn

SaMiDaDrAgOn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:26 AM

I'll have to give this a shot tomorrow.

Do we have a link to this Ebgames promotion?

#17 kmartbum001

kmartbum001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:27 AM

Hah this is a good idea... Best Buy and EB are in the same center/plaza so it wouldn't be bothersome to do so. The gamer card or the coupon but both require two transactions, and probably different cashiers.
I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose.

No philosophy, no religion, has ever brought so glad a message to the world as this good news of Atheism.

#18 kevzik

kevzik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:30 AM

Where the HECK have you guys been? This has been dicussed in pages now! CAGS have been doing this all week! Man, you guys must not be very observant...don't credit FW! THEY GOT THE IDEA FROM US!

MAN!

LOOKING FOR A BLURAY DRIVE - WILL TRADE NEW TEKKEN BUNDLE!

http://www.cheapassg...076#post6774076

#19 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hah this is a good idea... Best Buy and EB are in the same center/plaza so it wouldn't be bothersome to do so. The gamer card or the coupon but both require two transactions, and probably different cashiers.

Yeah that's the only thing, sometimes you'll get a cool younger person who just doesnt care and will ring you out seperately for both, but sometimes you get a person who wants to be a hardass about it. Should work fine if you pay for one at customer service and the other at a register, or just get one Monday and one Tuesday.

#20 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Wow awesome, gonna try this out, thanks OP!

#21 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

yeah let me know if it works and i'll try it saturday.

#22 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

Is it trade in two new Wii games and get a new Wii game or is it trade in two used games and get a used Wii game?

#23 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:37 AM

Is it trade in two new Wii games and get a new Wii game or is it trade in two used games and get a used Wii game?

A trade in implies a used game, as most people aren't trading in brand new games. From what I remember, if you try to trade in a shrink-wrapped new game, they make you unwrap it before taking it, but it should be no problem.

#24 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:39 AM

A trade in implies a used game, as most people aren't trading in brand new games. From what I remember, if you try to trade in a shrink-wrapped new game, they make you unwrap it before taking it, but it should be no problem.

That's what I was figuring. I don't see how they can make money on accepting Open Season and Far Cry as used trade ins for a NEW $50 game.

#25 SaMiDaDrAgOn

SaMiDaDrAgOn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:40 AM

I've traded in a sealed game before.

#26 varsitygamer

varsitygamer

Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

Good idea OP, but as others pointed out, it has circulated in various forms.

The cheapest way to do (essentially) the same thing was through JR.com.

$18.99 Farcry/Open Season + 2.95$ s/h - 10$ GCO = $11.94 (times two)

result: $23.88 copy of SPM

so, just a little bit cheaper... shipping is pretty regularly 2 business days as myself and others have reported... so it's not too late to capitalize before the 2 Wii Games for 1 deal expires.
Why Google when you can Blingo? - Won so far: 10$ iTunes GC x2, Movie Ticket x9, $5 Amazon Gift Certificate x2

Threadless.com - Nude No More!

#27 kevzik

kevzik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

http://www.cheapassg...t=132793&page=9

AND

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=132322

LOOKING FOR A BLURAY DRIVE - WILL TRADE NEW TEKKEN BUNDLE!

http://www.cheapassg...076#post6774076

#28 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:42 AM

That's what I was figuring. I don't see how they can make money on accepting Open Season and Far Cry as used trade ins for a NEW $50 game.

Well...this appears to be a national promotion handed down from corporate. There's absolutely no restriction in the fine print saying you can't trade in certain games, aside from no Wii Sports or Wii Play, or they can tell you they don't like the games you are trading in. I'm pretty sure when they decided to run this promotion, though, they were expecting legitimate trade ins of games people bought, ie the actually popular games.

#29 RiskyChris

RiskyChris

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

I'm just a bundle of joy right now!

#30 SaMiDaDrAgOn

SaMiDaDrAgOn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

Good idea OP, but as others pointed out, it has circulated in various forms.

The cheapest way to do (essentially) the same thing was through JR.com.

$18.99 Farcry/Open Season + 2.95$ s/h - 10$ GCO = $11.94 (times two)

result: $23.88 copy of SPM

so, just a little bit cheaper... shipping is pretty regularly 2 business days as myself and others have reported... so it's not too late to capitalize before the 2 Wii Games for 1 deal expires.

How many times can you use GCO? Create multiple accounts?