Photo
- - - - -

Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#391 stabor

stabor

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:02 AM

Nice! Thanks.

#392 Terabyte7

Terabyte7

The Funk of 40,000 years!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:12 AM

I tried both EB & Gamestop...both said that they weren't accepting Open Season or Farcry for this offer. :( Their managers must be CAG's too!
:joystick: My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...light=Terabyte7

The wise man knows that he has much to learn.

The poor man knows that he has much to earn.

#393 eshbums

eshbums

Fueled by beer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

Please read this thread for a detailed complaint letter I sent to EBgames regarding this issue:

http://www.cheapassg...519#post2835519

Were you gunning for some sort of mysterious 'douche of the month' award?

You were given incorrect information and couldn't take advantage of a deal. Move on. There will be others.

#394 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

Tried to do it after both the manager and another employee told me no exclusions...then some dude pops up with a binder and says, "Yes, there are exclusions!!"

Curses.

I figured it's only like 15.00 worth of savings and went and bought it somewhere else.

(this was a couple days ago btw)

seanr1221.png

#395 Ace-Of-War

Ace-Of-War

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Just wanted to let ya'll know that the deal DID work for me on 4/15! I guess I just caught a lucky store, I called the guy yesterday morning and asked him flat out if they were still doing to 2 for 1 Wii deal.

When he said yes I asked him if there were any exclusions and he said something like, "No, in fact, bring all your used games and DVDs to Gamestop. We give great prices and blah blah blah..." I just said ok and hung up. My Best Buy had one copy of Farcry and no copies of Open Season. I picked up the Farcry and combined that with some Rapala Pro Fishing that I got for Christmas. (I knew that game would come in handy for something!) and he took it almost right away at my local Gamestop in NW Houston.

I think I'm lucky as I live in one of the biggest cities in the United States that has virtually no CAGs besides me.

I would've told ya'll yesterday but I ended up playing SPM for, like, seven hours.

I can see the future. Top Wii games for April:

1. Super Paper Mario
2. Open Season
3. Farcry

lol

#396 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

I called one GameStop earlier. Asked if they were doing the 2 for 1 deal on Wii games. Guy said no, which was odd. I knew he didn't have any idea what he was talking about and ended it there.

Called a closer GameStop. They informed me today was the final day. I then asked if there were any exclusions. None at all. Went in. Dropped off Far Cry and Open Season. Got Super Paper Mario.

#397 lanleague

lanleague

Wingardium Leviosa!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

The coupons say "No Copies" on them.

#398 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

I can see the future. Top Wii games for April:

1. Super Paper Mario
2. Open Season
3. Farcry

Hilarious ! But may also actually be useful, telling publishers they need to release budget priced titles to spur sales.

#399 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:00 AM

None of the stores actually bother to read that and pretty much always accept copies.

#400 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

ive never been allowed to trade in 2 of the same game on one transaction

#401 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

I think this can go in the Graveyard now, yes? Deal expired.

#402 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

Not after I (and the magic of MS Paint or Photoshop) get through with them!

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif