Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

Zorn

CAGiversary!
This involves going to both Best Buy and EBgames. Here's what you do:

First, print off two of the "$5 off any Wii game" coupons here: http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coupons1hf5.jpg

Then, go into Best Buy, and pick up Open Season and Far Cry: Instincts. These games are both $19.99, and if you use the $5 off coupons on them they are $15 each. Note that you may have to buy one at the customer service counter then buy the other one at the regular register since the same person might not let you use 2 coupons at once. Plus as a bonus, if you're a RewardZone member, you get the points on those games.

Then go to EBgames, they have a promotion going on until 4/15 where if you trade in any 2 Wii games, you get one for free, maximum value $49.99. So you trade in your two newly acquired $15 games and walk out with a $50 Super Paper Mario. All done!

Sure, it takes going to two stores, but if where you live is anything like me, the EBgames and Best Buy are basically right next door to each other.

Hmmm, i doubt he local EB will let me do this... they probably don't want those $19.99 games... thanks for the head up though, most likely won't work for somoe people.

[quote name='Serpentor']Hmmm, i doubt he local EB will let me do this... they probably don't want those $19.99 games... thanks for the head up though, most likely won't work for somoe people.[/quote]

It's not up to them to want the games or not, that's a trade in promotion they have going on nationally right now. Any 2 Wii trade ins get you a free Wii game. Not just ones they want :p

That's a good idea. I think I'll try this too. I just hope Bestbuy accepts these coupons. Do they have these coupons instore too? I'd rather have the real coupons so I don't get shot down.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Zorn']It's not up to them to want the games or not, that's a trade in promotion they have going on nationally right now. Any 2 Wii trade ins get you a free Wii game. Not just ones they want :p[/QUOTE]
That's not true at all. Stores have full discretion to reject specific trades. If they're getting a glut of crap they can't unload they aren't obligated to keep taking it. That would be ridiculous.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']That's a good idea. I think I'll try this too. I just hope Bestbuy accepts these coupons. Do they have these coupons instore too? I'd rather have the real coupons so I don't get shot down.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
if you want just get the gamer gift card in the store it is also good for $5 off games 19.99 and up. I might have to try this gamestop has the same promo right? Because there is a gamestop about 500 yards from my best buy depending on the weather I could walk between stores.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']That's a good idea. I think I'll try this too. I just hope Bestbuy accepts these coupons. Do they have these coupons instore too? I'd rather have the real coupons so I don't get shot down.

Thanks OP.[/quote]

No, I think the coupons originally came from Gamepro, but you should honestly be fine so long as you print them out in color. I've never had a Best Buy employee shoot me down on a printed out coupon, they are usually busy and just scan the barcodes, the only thing is they may not want to do two seperate transactions for you with two coupons.

Also, depending on how EB's preorder system works, might it be possible to get another pair of these games and go back and ask for your free Wii game to be put towards a preorder of Mario Party 8? I'm not sure if this is limited only to stuff that's in stock now or if they could just apply your free game credit to a full-paid preorder of another Wii game.

This has been posted before in other threads! But it is about time it got its own thread.

EDIT: And by the way I traded in my own copy of Far Cry and Monster 4X4 World Circuit (without the wheel though and I put it in a black case so I would have a white one for wii sports :p) about a week ago for a Paper Mario preorder.

That is a great idea. I'm doing this...Tuesday. Or buying the games on Monday, then trading in on Tuesday.

I think EB/Gamestop will have a lot of copies of Far Cry/Open Season.

[quote name='ddrlenz']Do the Gamepro coupons stack with a Reward Zone certificate?[/quote]

A RewardZone certificate basically counts as just cash off the cost of the game, they stack with any coupons.

Hah this is a good idea... Best Buy and EB are in the same center/plaza so it wouldn't be bothersome to do so. The gamer card or the coupon but both require two transactions, and probably different cashiers.

Where the HECK have you guys been? This has been dicussed in pages now! CAGS have been doing this all week! Man, you guys must not be very observant...don't credit FW! THEY GOT THE IDEA FROM US!

MAN!

[quote name='kmartbum001']Hah this is a good idea... Best Buy and EB are in the same center/plaza so it wouldn't be bothersome to do so. The gamer card or the coupon but both require two transactions, and probably different cashiers.[/quote]
Yeah that's the only thing, sometimes you'll get a cool younger person who just doesnt care and will ring you out seperately for both, but sometimes you get a person who wants to be a hardass about it. Should work fine if you pay for one at customer service and the other at a register, or just get one Monday and one Tuesday.

Is it trade in two new Wii games and get a new Wii game or is it trade in two used games and get a used Wii game?

[quote name='icedout297']Is it trade in two new Wii games and get a new Wii game or is it trade in two used games and get a used Wii game?[/quote]

A trade in implies a used game, as most people aren't trading in brand new games. From what I remember, if you try to trade in a shrink-wrapped new game, they make you unwrap it before taking it, but it should be no problem.

[quote name='Zorn']A trade in implies a used game, as most people aren't trading in brand new games. From what I remember, if you try to trade in a shrink-wrapped new game, they make you unwrap it before taking it, but it should be no problem.[/quote]
That's what I was figuring. I don't see how they can make money on accepting Open Season and Far Cry as used trade ins for a NEW $50 game.

[quote name='Zorn']A trade in implies a used game, as most people aren't trading in brand new games. From what I remember, if you try to trade in a shrink-wrapped new game, they make you unwrap it before taking it, but it should be no problem.[/QUOTE]

I've traded in a sealed game before.

Good idea OP, but as others pointed out, it has circulated in various forms.

The cheapest way to do (essentially) the same thing was through JR.com.

$18.99 Farcry/Open Season + 2.95$ s/h - 10$ GCO = $11.94 (times two)

result: $23.88 copy of SPM

so, just a little bit cheaper... shipping is pretty regularly 2 business days as myself and others have reported... so it's not too late to capitalize before the 2 Wii Games for 1 deal expires.

[quote name='icedout297']That's what I was figuring. I don't see how they can make money on accepting Open Season and Far Cry as used trade ins for a NEW $50 game.[/quote]
Well...this appears to be a national promotion handed down from corporate. There's absolutely no restriction in the fine print saying you can't trade in certain games, aside from no Wii Sports or Wii Play, or they can tell you they don't like the games you are trading in. I'm pretty sure when they decided to run this promotion, though, they were expecting legitimate trade ins of games people bought, ie the actually popular games.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Good idea OP, but as others pointed out, it has circulated in various forms.

The cheapest way to do (essentially) the same thing was through JR.com.

$18.99 Farcry/Open Season + 2.95$ s/h - 10$ GCO = $11.94 (times two)

result: $23.88 copy of SPM

so, just a little bit cheaper... shipping is pretty regularly 2 business days as myself and others have reported... so it's not too late to capitalize before the 2 Wii Games for 1 deal expires.[/QUOTE]

How many times can you use GCO? Create multiple accounts?

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']I've traded in a sealed game before.[/QUOTE] I tried to trade in a sealed game before and the manager got all crazy and told me to leave, so naturally I was like wtf and he was like leave the store or I'll have to get security. So I wouldn't recommend trading in a sealed game. I would have to assume the guy thought I stole it, but he was a complete douchebag.

So I'm wondering, if I use $40 in trade-in credit to buy these 2 games at Gamesop, then turn right around to trade them in... I would save myself $10 trade-in credit, right? Does this sound practical?

You know, getting a game for "free" and saving myself "free" money.

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']So I'm wondering, if I use $40 in trade-in credit to buy these 2 games at Gamesop, then turn right around to trade them in... I would save myself $10 trade-in credit, right? Does this sound practical?

You know, getting a game for "free" and saving myself "free" money.[/QUOTE]

Depending on who is at the register. If they wanna be asses they'll probably tell you you can't do that for some stupid reason. If they don't let you do it, just go back at a later time. I don't see why they wouldn't though.

[quote name='62t']Remember you have to pay tax for the 2 $15 games, and then tax again for Super Paper Mario.[/QUOTE]

No you dont. You trade in 2 games you get 1 free. Tax on free is free man.

Man Those 2 games are going to get at least a partial boost in sales because of this.

[quote name='j.elles']No you dont. You trade in 2 games you get 1 free. Tax on free is free man.

Man Those 2 games are going to get at least a partial boost in sales because of this.[/quote]

I think it was discussed in other threads that it depends on what state you are in for the tax issue.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Depending on who is at the register. If they wanna be asses they'll probably tell you you can't do that for some stupid reason. If they don't let you do it, just go back at a later time. I don't see why they wouldn't though.[/quote]

Swanky.

Too bad all the Best Buys around here havent carried Open Season for the Wii for awhile. Great for anyone that can take apart of it though.

[quote name='Zorn']Well...this appears to be a national promotion handed down from corporate. There's absolutely no restriction in the fine print saying you can't trade in certain games, aside from no Wii Sports or Wii Play, or they can tell you they don't like the games you are trading in.[/QUOTE]
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
"Trade-ins subject to manager approval."

That's always been the case, this is no exception.

[quote name='coolcps']I tried to trade in a sealed game before and the manager got all crazy and told me to leave, so naturally I was like wtf and he was like leave the store or I'll have to get security. So I wouldn't recommend trading in a sealed game. I would have to assume the guy thought I stole it, but he was a complete douchebag.[/QUOTE]
I've traded in piles of sealed games, including multiple copies at once. It all depends on the clerk. I actually had the receipts with me since I figured it would look weird (I was flipping clearance during the trade 3 get $10). I wouldn't recommend against it, after all, opening a game means you can't return it if the deal goes bad somehow. I would just be prepared to be rejected. You can't account for nutjobs like your clerk.

[quote name='Damian']I've traded in piles of sealed games, including multiple copies at once. It all depends on the clerk. I actually had the receipts with me since I figured it would look weird (I was flipping clearance during the trade 3 get $10). I wouldn't recommend against it, after all, opening a game means you can't return it if the deal goes bad somehow. I would just be prepared to be rejected. You can't account for nutjobs like your clerk.[/quote]

I agree 100%. Once you open a game you can't return it. You might get rejected at Gamestop and if you opened the games you're screwed.

also to note: some CAGs on the other threads (here and here) have been able to confirm using this deal on other preorders (like 'pokemon battle revolution' and 'mario party 8'). don't forget to try to use your edge card (may be a YMMV depending on the employee). lastly, if a target's on the way, check out if they have any wii games on clearance such as 'ant bully' or 'billy and mandy' (see here, again YMMV) to sweeten the deal.

[quote name='ryansebiz']I agree 100%. Once you open a game you can't return it. You might get rejected at Gamestop and if you opened the games you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

Yea true, I ended up opening it and trying to trade it in, then the guy got really pissed, but I didn't mind not returning it because it was MGS3 was worth keeping. But yea I just guess I got really unlucky with this guy.

Awesome, I love you guys. Looks like at *worst* I'll be getting this game for $40 (BB not accepting the coupons). If things go bad, I can return the shrink wrapped games wheeee.

Does the Wii trade in have to be two *unique* games?

I did this last week, didnt need some website to tell me what to do, was able to do it as soon as I located the games at BB

Thanks, that sounds like a good deal. Hopefully the folks at Fatwallet haven't trekked across America to do all of this shit already.

GOD DAMMIT this shit is why I fucking hate not having a Best Buy ANYWHERE AROUND MY AREA. I have to drive about a hundred miles to get to the closest one. I don't know why the fuck they haven't built one, we have every other major retailer. They're putting up new buildings all the time and I always dream "Man, wouldn't that be great if it was a BB?" and all of my friends completely agree. When we found out the one building was a Home Depot, which was right across the street from a Lowe's we all pretty much freaked out and were pissed about it for a week!

I will bet anyone EB will put a "except Far-Cry & Open Season" note on the trade deal. I'm all for screwing over the crap store that is EB, but the kids who HAVE to go there who want to trade in Far-Cry or Open Season will get screwed because us adults are trying to save a few bucks.

bread's done
Back