• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

found a sony brand ps3 hdmi cable marked down to $14.98

#332 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

Picked up an RCA HTIB without remote for $35. 5-disc changer with subwoofer and all 5 speakers.

There were two Philips systems and one Sony system all floor models. The regular clearance sticker was still on the one I bought which had the regular price at $200 and a clearance price of $130.

#333 CGH

CGH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:57 AM

Is the xbox 12 month subscription card compatible with xbox 360?

#334 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:05 AM

Is the xbox 12 month subscription card compatible with xbox 360?

Yes.

#335 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

Off the wall question after talking to a Target manager...
Has anyone seen the Wii Zelda Messenger Bag reset in the aisle at full price $29.99?

Found one bag finally at a store, staff member ran a search for me to locate one more...one store had a couple nearby...went today...cranky dept. manager brought one from the back and claimed they were a new item...$29.99...
Went to Traget.com and the DCI number doesn't come up...typed wii messenger bag...and a new style in blue for $29.99 comes up...I take a chance and call to speak to a manager...she supports it is a new taxable item...stores vary...etc. etc...but I do not recall one CAG reporting this item being found at regular price...

#336 Arkay Firestar

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:10 AM

Found Europa Universalis 3 CE for 37...didnt get it.

Neverwinter Nights 1 Diamond for 13...got that.

#337 outrage_display

outrage_display

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:31 AM

Just got back from my local Target, the Wii Sling Bags that are on the list are F-U-G-L-Y!!! Very small and probably not the one most of you are thinking of. Looks like it would fit the system and cables and 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck. Grey and baby blue in color, im passing.

#338 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:44 AM

Just got back from my local Target, the Wii Sling Bags that are on the list are F-U-G-L-Y!!! Very small and probably not the one most of you are thinking of. Looks like it would fit the system and cables and 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck. Grey and baby blue in color, im passing.

I bought this thing and I feel like a fuckin' dork wearing it. I've only needed to use it once so far, but it fits EXACTLY one Wii, two remotes, one (probably two) nunchucks, and the cables necessary to hook it up (including sensor bar). There is little, if no room for a Wii game in its case. I'm gonna use those generic CD cases that are made of vinyl-like plastic and are shaped exactly to the shape of a CD next time.

Worth $7 in my opinion, I definitely feel like my Wii is safe in its sling bag.

EDIT: Actually, I have four rather tall rubber feet attached to the bottom of my Wii, and I believe the bag would fit one game as well with a Wii without big rubber feet I put on mine.

#339 Springheeled Jack

Springheeled Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

Found Europa Universalis 3 CE for 37...didnt get it.

Neverwinter Nights 1 Diamond for 13...got that.

I really want Europa Universalis 3, but I'm waiting for the price to drop another time on that one. I'm not worried that the game will remain on the shelf until it hits seven bucks. :D

#340 boblentil

boblentil

Viva la revoluciĆ³n!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

Here are some PC games that I can remember:

Monaca, PA

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $4.98
Call of Duty Deluxe Edition Box Set - $7.98
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - $7.98
Gothic 3 - $9.98
Star Wars: Battlefront II - $12.98

#341 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Last runs for me:

Nothing of note at the Newpark Mall (Newark, CA) but I returned the Mad Catz "clamshell" case there ($4.98).

At the Fremont (CA) Hub location, they had the 4 UMD holder (flipout) for $2.48(~4 left), Sandisk or Lexar 512MB sticks for $16.xx (two left) and the Score nylon folio max case for $3.74 (one left).

Picked up the case. It's about the same size as the official Sony PSP nylon case I saw at Circuit City. It says it holds the PSP, 9 UMDs, 2 memory sticks (looks like 5 though) and a car charger. You might be able to fit the AC charger in there but it might rub up against your psp. Good deal for ~$4.

Still wanting the Logitech playgear pocket though but I'm not going to anymore Targets. It appears that they've all switched over their displays now and the clearance on the PSP stuff is scarce.

#342 biggyfries

biggyfries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

saw beatmania for $30. should i bite?

#343 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

That is something most people wouldn't buy, especially at $30...stuff priced under $20 seems to move a lot better to the general public.

If you stop by Target once a week for food anyway, wait and check the price every week :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#344 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

Off the wall question after talking to a Target manager...
Has anyone seen the Wii Zelda Messenger Bag reset in the aisle at full price $29.99?

Found one bag finally at a store, staff member ran a search for me to locate one more...one store had a couple nearby...went today...cranky dept. manager brought one from the back and claimed they were a new item...$29.99...
Went to Traget.com and the DCI number doesn't come up...typed wii messenger bag...and a new style in blue for $29.99 comes up...I take a chance and call to speak to a manager...she supports it is a new taxable item...stores vary...etc. etc...but I do not recall one CAG reporting this item being found at regular price...

found a full priced bag at a store yesterday.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#345 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

This is the discounted sling bag.

The white one looks a lot nicer but it's $29.99 :(

I bought the clearence one for $6.24 because it said Wii on it, yeah I know, I'm a terrible consumer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#346 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:45 AM

GameCrazy has this for 19.99 new

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#347 biggyfries

biggyfries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:00 AM

GameCrazy has this for 19.99 new

thanks everyone. i will pass on this, then, for now.

sorry i have no gamecrazy around me.

#348 daminion

daminion

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:11 AM

picked up:
Spongebob movie game for Xbox for $2.54 (last one)
Madkatz optical cable for Xbox (but really it's just an optical cable) for $2.50ish
Madkatz 360 component cables for $4.98

and the steal of all steals...

harman/kardon 5.1 surround speakers for $130. HKTS-7 was the model. They were the last ones there and I was talking with the electronics manager and he wanted to move them. They were marked at $199 and he offered them to me for $130 without me evey negotiating.

They also had the harman/kardon AVR-240 -- which is a tremendous receiver (albeit no HDMI). It was marked at $229 and he said that he would knock 30% off of it when I showed interest. I had just bought the AVR-247 (with HDMI upconversion) so I passed.

This was at the Target in Parma, OH

#349 Goldman

Goldman

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

I just got me a 12-month original Xbox-style (but 360 compatible) Live card for 12.48, from the Target in Flint, MI. w00t!

#350 HarassmentPanda

HarassmentPanda

rockin' the dills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

I did a search and didn't see any of this mentioned anywhere, but there were a few gaming-related markdowns at Target today:

Wii 256 mb SD Card with carrying case $6.24 (was $24.99)
Gamecube Memory Card $4.98 (was $19.99)
GBA to Gamecube Cable $2.98 (was $11.99)
Wii Collector's Box with Magnet $5 (I think)

#351 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

picked up:
Spongebob movie game for Xbox for $2.54 (last one)
Madkatz optical cable for Xbox (but really it's just an optical cable) for $2.50ish
Madkatz 360 component cables for $4.98

and the steal of all steals...

harman/kardon 5.1 surround speakers for $130. HKTS-7 was the model. They were the last ones there and I was talking with the electronics manager and he wanted to move them. They were marked at $199 and he offered them to me for $130 without me evey negotiating.

They also had the harman/kardon AVR-240 -- which is a tremendous receiver (albeit no HDMI). It was marked at $229 and he said that he would knock 30% off of it when I showed interest. I had just bought the AVR-247 (with HDMI upconversion) so I passed.

This was at the Target in Parma, OH

Is the 30% something new? I was looking at the cameras the other day and they took 30% off because it was the last one. I picked up a Fuji camera for $42! 120 discounted to $60 w/ 30% off.

#352 bone_matrix

bone_matrix

isn't rich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

Target can sell the floor models of certain items. When they do that, they take 30% off the marked price, because it is a floor model.

#353 chior

chior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

Target can sell the floor models of certain items. When they do that, they take 30% off the marked price, because it is a floor model.

It depends. Some targets refuse to take any discount off the floor display models.
My Trade/Sale list Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Singe It w/Microphone, Mercenaries 2 PS3
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=99688

#354 nonggame

nonggame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:25 AM

I got SONY made HDMI cable that said " made for PS3" a very nice HDMI cable for only 14 bones. ^___^ I think the normal price was 60 bones. SO happy hunting for this.
Posted Image

#355 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

My Target has tons of Fuji Finepix S5200s for $150, marked down from $300 (and these used to sell for $400). Anyone have a recommendation for or against?

Just wanted to repost this because I got it, and it's is a really nice faux-DSLR camera. Well worth the $150, especially if, like me, you're tired of slightly blurry pictures from your point & shoot.

#356 Billservo

Billservo

Joined the Dark Side

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

I posted earlier about grabbing the Zelda Wii sling bag. I finally got a chance to use it and it works quite well. I was able to fit the system, IR bar, power adapter, vertical base, composite and component cables, a PS2 Dual Shock USB adapter, and a Wavebird in the main compartment.

In the controller area I got two Wiimotes, two nunchucks, a Wavebird receiver, and a USB headset in there.

It's tight, but not dangerously so.

If you can manage to find one of these and need something to move your Wii gear I can recommend it. I found mine without a price tag and paid $5.94 for it.
Posted Image

#357 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Don't know if this was posted here, but I picked up today:
1 Madcatz universal s-video/audio cables (ps2, x360,xbox, cube) for $3.74 (was $15.00)
1 X360 Pelican TSZ Gamepad (was $29.99, got it for $7.48).

I don't even have an x360, but I bought the controller to use as a PC gaming controller, and it works great! It's pretty good quality and comfortable...a great buy I think. I saw it marked at $30 at other stores, so for only $7.50, I feel I got pretty lucky :D

#358 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

Sony HDMI cable - $14.98, was $59.99
Imation USB 2.0 extension cable - $1.98, was $7.99
Danny Phantom (DS) - $2.54, was $19.99
Cableneat Clams cable organizers (for my home headphones) - $2.48 for a 2-pack, was $4.99

#359 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:05 AM

I did a search and didn't see any of this mentioned anywhere, but there were a few gaming-related markdowns at Target today:

Wii 256 mb SD Card with carrying case $6.24 (was $24.99)
Gamecube Memory Card $4.98 (was $19.99)
GBA to Gamecube Cable $2.98 (was $11.99)
Wii Collector's Box with Magnet $5 (I think)

Do you know what brand the Gamecube mem card was? I went to mine, and they only had a Madcatz one for $19.99

#360 io

io

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

Sony HDMI cable - $14.98, was $59.99

Any idea how long that HDMI cable is? The one that came with my Elite isn't long enough. I assume this Sony HDMI cable is just a standard one so I can use it on the 360 ;).