Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

Yay. A new thread...the old one was getting way too long. Too bad my Target never has any clearanced games anyway. Although we should make some sort of list in the op about games that are clearanced at a lot of stores rather than us having to sift through all the pages.

WOW! Version 8. It seems like yesterday we were starting VII.:p I can't wait for the deals that emerge in this thread.

Just curious if anyone in the Tampa Bay area has found Hitman Blood Money PC for $7.48 yet?

It's been about two weeks since I last checked any of the Saint Petersburg stores, and it was $20.98 last time I checked.

Well, I'm checking out Target on Thursday (while I also trade in my 2 Wii games for Paper Mario). So, if there's anything I should look out for, post them here!

:360:
99 Nights
Arcade Unplugged
Blitz
Burnout Revenge
Chromehounds
Dead Rising
DOA 4
DOAX 2
Far Cry
Hitman Blood Money
Kameo
Lord of the Rings BfME
Moto GP 06
Outfit
Pimp My Ride
Prey
Table Tennis
Tomb Raider Legend
Xmen III

:wii:
Ant Bully
Barnyard
Billy & Mandy
Cars
Chicken Little
Excite Truck
GT Pro Racer
Monster 4x4
Open Season
Poker
Splinter Cell
Spongebob Crusty Crab

:ds:
Danny Phantom
Metroid Prime Pinball
Need For Speed Carbon
Super Mario 64
Suduko
Viewtiful Joe

Prices are YMMV, but generally are under $25. Kameo is the cheapest at $7.48 in some places, and $14.98 at others. I'm sure there's more, but this is a start and copied from the VII thread. Also, as posted in another thread, Viva Pinata has been found for $19.99 at various Target's across the country.

Big thanks to io!

^^^^ Thanks, saved me the trouble of finding that post ;).

Note also that of all those games, many are not likely to be clearanced at any given Target. Besides some of the DS ones which seem to be universal (Danny Phantom and NFSC in particular), Kameo is the most likely. After that, if your Target has any of the Wii games clearanced it is likely to be Chicken Little and Barnyard only, with the others clearanced in rare cases. The rest of the 360 games (besides Kameo) seem to be even more rare (to find on clearance).

Just wanted to make that clear so new people reading this thread don't get all PO'd when they find most of these games at full price, as they are at my local Target ;).

stopped at a "Wii-only clearance" Target in Greenfield, WI and saw there were still some Billy and Mandy in the Wii case with 34.98 stickers from the 30% drop. last time i scanned them they were 50%, but this week they finally dropped to 12.48 or 75%. not sure why that one game was 2+ weeks behind Barnyard, Chicken Little, Ant Bully, etc. that's all they had left.......and probably only because they hadn't been properly tagged. glad i brought along my UPC sheet, although i wonder if they still would have been there for one last drop.

Except that list is missing every PC game clearance... which is usual for CAG to skip that sort of thing.

PC:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Prey
Doom 3
Hitman Blood Money
Civilization 4 Warlords
Condemned
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Civcity Rome
Caesar IV
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Left Behind

I'm probably missing a few... most of these games should be $15 and under by now, with many being $7.50. None of these games should be YMMV as being on clearance (but price will vary) as I saw all of these multiple times at multiple Target's.

[quote name='Roufuss']Except that list is missing every PC game clearance... which is usual for CAG to skip that sort of thing.

PC:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Prey
Doom 3
Hitman Blood Money
Civilization 4 Warlords
Condemned
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Civcity Rome
Caesar IV
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Left Behind

I'm probably missing a few... most of these games should be $15 and under by now, with many being $7.50. None of these games should be YMMV as being on clearance (but price will vary) as I saw all of these multiple times at multiple Target's.[/QUOTE]
Mac user. ;)

[quote name='RollingSkull']All of my local Targets have Dark Messiah at 19.98. So shop with care.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I've seen it at $7.48, $14.98, and $9.98... it should be pretty dirt cheap by this time, regardless of store since it's been on clearance for awhile now.

I'm assuming that calling my local Target and asking them to tell me the prices on some of these won't get 100% correct results as they will probably look at the sticker price?

[quote name='gorgo']Picked up an XBL 12 month card (old style) for $24.98. They have a few left at the Flower Mound, TX store.[/quote]

Really? I was there last week and saw a few that rang up 34.95 or something close to that. Was that the sticker price?

[quote name='badramen']I'm assuming that calling my local Target and asking them to tell me the prices on some of these won't get 100% correct results as they will probably look at the sticker price?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I tried to do that at a store that I KNEW had a game on clearance - I was just trying to see if it dropped last week to the next level. The guy went and looked for the game, which I knew he wouldn't find. Then when I gave him the UPC (after much misunderstanding - he thought I was ASKING for the UPC) he said that item is invalid. I went in the store the next day and my UPC scanned just fine, turned out the game (Kameo) had dropped :roll:. So, yeah, very low likelihood of getting an accurate quote by calling.

Botticus - I think one person reported Excite Truck at $24.98 or so. That seems to be one of the least likely to be on sale. We had that one report and no more so I'm not sure it was even valid. I just put every *possible* game on that list - anything that had even 1 report, just in case these start showing up on clearance at more stores.

Meh, I said what the hell and called Target. The electronics guys didn't sound like he wanted to be there. I asked him the price of Barnyard and he said $44.99 and I asked if he could check the system and he sounded reluctant but said okay. Within two seconds, he told me the same price, obviously B.S.ing my request. fucking help these days.

[quote name='badramen']Meh, I said what the hell and called Target. The electronics guys didn't sound like he wanted to be there. I asked him the price of Barnyard and he said $44.99 and I asked if he could check the system and he sounded reluctant but said okay. Within two seconds, he told me the same price, obviously B.S.ing my request. fucking help these days.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, it's probably an indication that it is not on clearance if he quoted you the $44.99 because that is a "regular" sale price that stores have it at if it is not on clearance. So I'd say chances are he was right.

[quote name='badramen']Ah. The said guy is still lame. :p Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I just noticed you are in OR (unless that is just a joke ;)). Tell me which store you called and maybe I can tell you if they are "participating" or not. I've been to at least half the stores in OR (there's less than you'd think here).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Do price changes still happen early in the week rather than later, like Monday or Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, it's always been Monday, and very very rarely a Tuesday.

The last few weeks I've been waiting for games, it always happened on Monday.

[quote name='io']Wait, I just noticed you are in OR (unless that is just a joke ;)). Tell me which store you called and maybe I can tell you if they are "participating" or not. I've been to at least half the stores in OR (there's less than you'd think here).[/quote]

I do indeed live in Oregon. I called the one by the Gateway Mall in Springfield.

[quote name='badramen']I do indeed live in Oregon. I called the one by the Gateway Mall in Springfield.[/QUOTE]

Ah, OK, well I'm up near Portland. Only one of the 6 or 7 stores I checked up here had ANY of the 360 or Wii games on clearance and they only had Kameo, Chicken Little, and Barnyard, all of which are now long gone. Hopefully the rest of the Targets will clearance out the same games as more new stuff comes in - though they certainly don't need the space as most have vast empty areas within their cases.

I'm most likely going to actually go to Target sometime this week. Is there anyway I can check the actual prices myself without hassling the pissy clerk to scan each one or am I doomed to a fate of the clerk giving the eye the entire time?

You can follow the OP to get a printout of a UPC code you can scan into the reader.

But it's been my experience in the past year that the Target employees, at least in about 10 Target's around here, are tagging things on clearance as soon as they go on clearance, and doing a semi decent job retagging them.

ummm I went to Target today and guess what on clearance ? Well lot of PS2 memory card ( SONY ) for 12.98 so good luck and check your local Target

[quote name='nonggame']ummm I went to Target today and guess what on clearance ? Well lot of PS2 memory card ( SONY ) for 12.98 so good luck and check your local Target[/quote]

I definetley need to stop by Target then. I need one soon. Thanks. :)

Indeed Warhammer: Mark of Chaos is on clearance. I saw it marked down as low as $13 but I found the game with two different covers. So I am wondering if they are both the same game or different versions. The back of the games are different.

Well, dammit, I had checked several Targets near me beginning of last week when the latest drops happened but I skipped this annoying one (dirty, crowded store, messy parking lot). Well, of course, I should have figured that this would be an "old-style" Target. I went there tonight and immediately noticed that none of the clearance games were in the case (all the other Targets here have them in abundance as they are not on sale). There was not a single clearance console game on the floor (I checked in, around, and behind all the clearance endcaps). I forgot my UPC sheet but by this point I have memorized the Wii game DCPI range :lol:.

I typed in several and found that all of these were on clearance: Chicken Little ($9.98), Billy & Mandy ($12.48), Monster 4x4 ($12.48), Barnyard ($12.48). Of course they had none of these in stock. The following were NOT on clearance, so I assume these are even more limited than the others: GT Pro, Happy Feet, Excite Truck, SpongeBob.

I didn't know the 360 game DCPI's but, also suspiciously, nearly every one of the games from the list I compiled were gone from the case. :bomb:.

Dammit, and I *almost* went there last week. I thought if the cases were set up in aisles it was a "newer" one. I though the old ones were the semi-enclosed Electronics departments with the game cases along one wall (as the other store where I did find Chicken Little was like). I should have remembered, though, that the Target tonight has only ONE set of game cases (with games on both sides - so 1/2 of 2 aisles). The other Targets (with no Wii or 360 games on clearance) have 1 1/2 aisles of game cases. Grrr.... I drove right past this Target about 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks.

Anyway, my other point is that it is very unlikely at this point that you will find any of the 75% off Wii or 360 games as they have been that way for at least a week now and many would have been purchased at 50%, let alone 75%. There was also a nice empty spot where some Gamecube accessories had been clearanced - probably Wavebirds :cry:. Of course, they had the Wii dog tags and they were still $17.48.

YMMV but I've found the following Nintendo hardware on clearance in various targets around NE Ohio.

Platinumn Wavebirds - $14.98

Nintendo brand GC memory cards - prices vary depending on the size. They had both black & white available

MadKatz brand GC memory cards - prices vary depending on the size. They had several colors available

[quote name='daminion']YMMV but I've found the following Nintendo hardware on clearance in various targets around NE Ohio.

Platinumn Wavebirds - $14.98

Nintendo brand GC memory cards - prices vary depending on the size. They had both black & white available

MadKatz brand GC memory cards - prices vary depending on the size. They had several colors available[/quote]

Well what were some of the GC mem card prices?>?

Additional titles on clearance (PC):

JSF (similar to Company of Heroes but current day) ($10)
Bionicle Heroes ($15)
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War (RTS like Rome: Total War?) ($10)

Are any of these worth it? I've passed a couple times on all of them.

[quote name='turls']Additional titles on clearance (PC):

JSF (similar to Company of Heroes but current day) ($10)
Bionicle Heroes ($15)
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War (RTS like Rome: Total War?) ($10)

Are any of these worth it? I've passed a couple times on all of them.[/QUOTE]

I saw JSF at a local Target on clearance for $4.98. Checked Gamerankings.com and they gave it a fair rating. Read a few of the reviews and most panned the game because it was mostly an exercise in micromanagement, (you and to tell each group of soldiers what to shoot at, where to go, etc.) it looked nice and had the updated weapons, but you ended up doing very little fighting and mostly spent your time worrying about what each indivdual was doing and having to tell him. Not very good AI either, so I passed on it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well what were some of the GC mem card prices?>?[/quote]

I don't recall them all, that's why I didn't list them. But I'll guess, just remember these are only guesses.

Nintendo Brand for their largest card: $20.98
Nintendo Brand for the smaller card: $8.98
MatKatz Brand were $6.98 to $17.98

:( checked out my target and they had plenty of the Wii titles mentioned, but none were clearenced. Some of them (Farcry and Open Season) were marked at 19.99, some at 29.99, and some at 39.99, but none for the

To io and really anyone else:

One thing you could do if you wanted to go through the hassle of it is buy the games at regular price at one store and then return them to the store that has them clearanced. If you do it before closing and then come back the next morning, I would figure they would have restocked your returns.

Picked up an extra copy of Viewtiful Joe for DS - a very pretty side scrowling brawler. Anyone want to trade? Looking for 360, DS, PS2, Xbox. Or I can send it for $10 shipped.

Some interesting stuff when I was at Target (Easton in Columbus, OH) on lunch today. CivCity Rome, Bionicle, Left Behind, Condemned were all at their $7.xx or $9.xx price points. I was there to grab a $19.99 Viva Pinata (two left).

Oh, plus some $2500 Sony HD TV clearanced down to $21xx something and another smaller one that was cheaper (1800 maybe? I forget) and was clearanced.

Is there an easier way to find the code for the scanners that you can type in yourself? When I checked the Viva Pinata (and Dead Rising. 2 copies left, still $59.99 at Prince Georges Mall) price today, I wrote down the code and punched it in myself. This time I rather have a list of codes ready in hand. If not, I guess I'll just run back and forth jotting numbers down and punching codes :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back