Target Clearance Thread - Mark VIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
556 replies to this topic

#541 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Your naivete is astounding. Women use printers, play video games, etc. They also have SONS and HUSBANDS and BOYFRIENDS and GRANDKIDS who really like that stuff.

Rule #1 is not to call the store.....

Well, hotshot, you can pay me the gas to drive 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back just to check the price of something ;)

Women use printers and play video games but I highly doubt they will leave the customer service desk on their shift to go scour the clearance racks for this stuff. It's not like I care all that much about the printer anyways, so I'm glad I called, saved myself 40 minutes worth of driving and gas, as well as the time it would have taken to find the item to begin with.

I guess I'm not enough of a CAG to waste gas, money, and time on Target clearance anymore. Maybe when gas isn't over $3 a gallon I'll feel like wasting it.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#542 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Yeah my girlfriend works at sears and scores me all the clearanced out games, people that call in just tip her off to let her know there is another drop (she works in customer service)

Wow that is the hook-up lol you need to marry her...

#543 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

In a more productive post, I want to think the guy who posted this on here:

http://www.schumanfa.../targetasin.php

If you know what Target is clearancing, you can grab the Amazon ASIN, and it will tell you which stores have which games, which is a HUGE help so you don't drive around aimlessly looking for clearance shit that might not even be there in the first place.

It doesn't tell you the price, but at least you know which stores to avoid when you are looking for a certain game.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#544 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

My local Target restocked Chicken Little, Barnyard, and Open Season for Wii....I'm assuming that these aren't on clearance no more?

#545 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Plenty of good sites and mags gave it 75 and higher, and the problem is in every review I read that the game was full of bugs upon release - bugs that may have in fact been patched by now are a non factor.

I say up and see if the bugs are gone and the glaring problems in the reviews are fixed, and make a decision then.

It's extremely hard to accurately judge a PC game where reviewers only reviewed the first iteration, and not the game with a few patches put on it.

Not to get crazy off-topic, but there's the whole argument about vg companies charging people full price to beta test their software... Personally, I loved both Gothic 1 and 2, but I've stayed away from the third like the plague.

on-topic: thanks for that ASIN/Target-inventory link, dude.

#546 ogbaka

ogbaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

There needs to be a new Target thread cause this one is full of old news... maybe next time when there is like a major price drop or clearance that can happen :)

is Condemned really that good? I tried the demo and it's not that great... but then the real game can be better?!?
Thanks

#547 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

There needs to be a new Target thread cause this one is full of old news... maybe next time when there is like a major price drop or clearance that can happen :)

Someone can go ahead and make a new one, as long as they copy the information from the OP, as well as keep the OP updated.

This one was a knee-jerk reaction to the previous one being on the big side, so I'd prefer someone trying to keep things up to date, if they start a new thread.

#548 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

Someone can go ahead and make a new one, as long as they copy the information from the OP, as well as keep the OP updated.

This one was a knee-jerk reaction to the previous one being on the big side, so I'd prefer someone trying to keep things up to date, if they start a new thread.

I nominate you!

I don't think we'll find anyone who will always be on here to keep the OP updated - Target prices are so YMMV that having them all in the main thread would just cause confusion.

But yea, definitely need a new one, especially if the rumored GBA clearance starts, it would be good to start on a new page.

Posted Image

#549 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

I'll do it. I'm always reading this thread. I don't go shopping at Target for clearance nearly as much as I used to (I think Roufuss hit it on the head about the gas issue)
I'll start a new thread as soon as we get more concrete info about the GBA clearance (or unless someone beats me to it, feel free)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#550 daminion

daminion

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

I'm a Target junkie and check this thread daily, so the length doesn't really matter to me since I always start reading from the newest post back.

I agree that prices are YMMV but the actual clearance of items usually isn't. The Wii games a while back was a strange exception to this but if you went to enough Targets you could usually find the deals.

#551 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

I agree that prices are YMMV but the actual clearance of items usually isn't. The Wii games a while back was a strange exception to this but if you went to enough Targets you could usually find the deals.

The actual clerance of items is YMMV on some things... I, and a few other people, never found Dawn of War: Dark Crusade clearanced, even when people were finding it for $7.48.

About half the PC games people reported as clearance were full price at every store here.

Posted Image

#552 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

is Condemned really that good? I tried the demo and it's not that great... but then the real game can be better?!?
Thanks

If you have 5.1 surround. It is my favorite single player experience on the 360.

#553 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

Exton, PA Checking in.

Today I picked up GRAW for the PC and Diablo II expansion for the PC...Both 4.98.

They also had GRAW for the 360 for $19.99. 4.98 > 19.98, IMO.

They had Gothic 3 clearanced too...but I forget the price. Damn it...Why did pay full price for that!!!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#554 Paradox665

Paradox665

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Just picked up Europa Universalles 3: Collectors Edition for $7.48. I couldn't believe it, the normal edition was $19.99.

#555 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

All right, I have thread IX done in wordpad. I edited it slightly, grammar wise and length wise. However, all of the info is there along with a link to every clearance thread and the link Roufuss posted.
When should I create the new thread?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#556 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

All right, I have thread IX done in wordpad. I edited it slightly, grammar wise and length wise. However, all of the info is there along with a link to every clearance thread and the link Roufuss posted.
When should I create the new thread?

Seeing as 500 is usually the length limit for threads (though that's more from old forum limitations than any hard rule), now works. :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#557 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Thread IX over here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=140650