Circuit City offers $20 if they don't have Super Paper Mario by (after?) 2pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapult37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/04/09/circuit-city-introduces-best-launch-day-promotion-ever

I figure odds are low they'll have to give out many gift cards, but maybe if you organize a group of friends to buy up their stock, you can split the proceeds. :)

BTW, anyone calling this the best launch promotion ever clearly didn't hear about the Sony Bravias at the London PS3 launch...

Edit: the terms of the deal seem a little ambiguous, but...
If you check out the weekly ad on their website and magify in to the small print, there are two footnotes related to this deal:

- Offer valid this week only for select video game new releases on the advertised release day to close of business. In-store only.
- Gift card good for future purchases only. Terms and conditions are applied to gift card.

To me, that sounds like I can go in at 8:55 tonight and claim a gift card if they're out of SPM...

I figured guaranteeing that their shipment comes in by 2 and guaranteeing that they will have stock all day are two different things entirely

Huh? What does this mean? If they sell out after 2pm then they won't give you $20, according to the clause you put in this thread title.

How does this really work?

If you check out the weekly ad on their website and magify in to the small print, there are two footnotes related to this deal:

- Offer valid this week only for select video game new releases on the advertised release day to close of business. In-store only.
- Gift card good for future purchases only. Terms and conditions are applied to gift card.

To me, that sounds like I can go in at 8:55 tonight and claim a gift card if they're out of SPM...

I just figured if you lived somewhere with inclement weather, there'd be a chance that the shipment would be delayed and they wouldnt be able to put it out on the floor by 2pm. Otherwise, no dice.

With Circuit City's track record, the odds aren't all that bad they don't have their shipment by 2pm. But notice the "by 2pm" part. That excludes any sort of sell-out situation. If it sold out, they already had the game by 2pm. Promotion over. I'll probably take a lunch and see if I can swing by a little after 2, just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back