CANCELLED- Free drink at STARBUCKS on 4/22 (Sunday)

djkunai

Banned
Got a new email this morning saying it was cancelled.
This was supposed to be for at least Central Southwest Region

Just bring in your own tumbler (travel cup, thermos, etc.) and get a free drink, because it's EARTH DAY! iyay!

Apparently this may be YMMV for Starbucks nationwide, and does not include licensed stores (inside Target, some Barnes and Nobles, etc).

[quote name='rabbitt']Good deal. Thanks for the post.

Now to find a bucket.[/quote]

hahaha... might i suggest a 5 gallon water bottle?

thanks op

Fill 'em please...

11521775900jh4.jpg

Source? I can't verify this through any "official" press release.

Rather not have to read another "fake" Starbucks deal...

After not taking full advantage of Dunkin' Donuts and their free iced coffee day, I'll definitely be doing my best to exploit this in order to make up for my mistake. Thanks for the info, OP.

[quote name='garfep']After not taking full advantage of Dunkin' Donuts and their free iced coffee day, I'll definitely be doing my best to exploit this in order to make up for my mistake. Thanks for the info, OP.[/quote]
I couldn't do the Dunkin' D offer cause there isn't one around here, but I'm in Seattle and, well, it's Starbucks. They got me covered.

Still would like to see some proof, just so I don't go in there with a 30 gallon trash bag and look like I'm robbing the joint.

^ Wow I could get shitty coffee if I go back two years in time?!?! :p

This is the link you want... Hope you live in canada.

http://starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_/2007/04/starbucks_canad.html

The US stores just had a national coffee break day and if you consult your promo guide you will know that we are NOT offering free coffee for Earth Day. All stores in the market I'm in whichis New England have brochures pointing out what partners are doing to support Earth Day in their local communities. Ask at your local store if you're a customers who wants to get involved or find a store that is hosting an event if your a partner who's store isn't involved in something and you want to be!

My store IS doing it (I read the email). They claim they gave away over 45,000 drinks last year for the same promotion in the same email. If Starbucks lies, then you're SOL.

[quote name='djkunai']Starbucks lies.[/quote]

Perhaps I should not have asked the workers at my local Starbucks if they knew of any food-grade 1000+ gallon tanks I could out the coffee in.

[quote name='gunm']Source? I can't verify this through any "official" press release.

Rather not have to read another "fake" Starbucks deal...[/quote]

yeah my friend work at starbucks through out the NW and for something big like that to happen they would have known. even though now the OP said this was in another location. im bummed now.

Thanks for the update and confirmation. Too bad, I was hoping for a day of blameless caffeine induced debauchery.

Thats there way of getting a ton of free promotion getting tons of people who havent heard they cancelled to show up and buy something .
Why else have ur marketing team come up with such an idea just to cancell it 2 days before?
scam

[quote name='CocheseUGA']They cancelled it because they're too busy opening 50000 stores ten feet from each other.[/QUOTE]

I should take a picture of that. At mall about 10 miles away from me. They have two like that.

they're always cancelling promotions and coupons. when you have so many pigs whose greed can never be satisifed, it's amazing they are always surprised at the number of people who will storm into the store for a free cup. if i worked at a starbucks, which i'm glad i don't, and I saw a customer come in with a huge mug I'd bash it into their brain followed by stuffing every cavity in their body with the hot coffee they want so much. that way they could literally have all they can drink.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, I feel sorry for you all that drink Starbucks coffee. Oh the stuff you could buy instead of all that overpriced crap.[/quote]

Fixed.

Well... whether it be coffee or smoking or any other habit that's not totally nessary or avoidable it's costing them money. I don't feel so bad if I were to say buy XBL gold every month because it's an ex of a better use of that money. Not for me though because gold sucks ass and isn't a better "value".

:puts on flame suit:

hey starbucks doesnt cancel ALL of their promotions....remember when i posted the free t-shirt promo? you had to be there at a certain time and create your own beverage and they sent you a shirt with your beverage on it...i got mine!

so its not like they are evil...

bread's done
Back